University of Southern California Employee Reviews

So-so
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2017
Decent place to work, but they believe they can throw money at anything to fix a problem. This place does not invest in its people, and would rather hire consultants.
Not a comfortable place to work.
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2017
The management would choose certain employees and harass them endlessly in the most unfair, hostile manner. Unless the employee was a preferred one, the employees behaved as if they were walking on time bombs. This was a horrible, miserable place to work. Each day was like walking into a torture chamber. They were just mean. Like a batch of Mean Girls.
Pros
Receptions, tickets to Trojan Football Games.
Cons
Everything else.
Loved working in patient care
Clinical authorization specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2017
My time at usc was great in terms of working with the patient population. I loved my job. Continued education is supported. Great benefits.
Lots of favoritism with management. Who you know, not what you know.
loved my co-workers
Multi-unit General Manager- Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2017
Loved everyone i worked with. Wasn't too thrilled with upper management. Very much the good old boys club. If you didn't go to school at USC you were overlooked for promotions. Worked like an animal.
Excellent Employer
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2017
Great environment to work in and the benefits provided are above and beyond those provided at most companies. The diversity of staff, students, and faculty really made the place a great place to work.
Clery Comp
Clery Act Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2017
Very long hours for my position with little administrative support. When I started working for USC, I had high hopes to develop a model program. Funding for training, attending conferences and providing quality items for staff were ignored, denied or rebuffed as costing too much.
Pros
Educational benefit
Cons
Lack of leadership
Productive and excellent opportunities for advancement
Service Coordinator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2017
Wonderful environment to work. It has opportunities for advancement and opportunity to further studies. Excellent salary and health care benefits. I enjoyed work at USC because it offered me a lot of education and job opportunities. The use of the gym is free for employees. There’s a camaraderie on campus among the staff. USC was like home for me when I worked there, however, I left the job due to the fact that I relocated. I had an awesome experience working in the university environment.
Pros
Free Gym and other campus activities
Great Experience
Internship in Business Administration (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2017
I had been very opportune to be a Masters student here in Chemical Engineering. The experience here till now has been overwhelming. It gives us the best and competitive environment to enhance our academic profile.
Unorganized and stressful environment
IT Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2017
Everything is unorganized and no planning goes in to all the IT departments.

Help Desk is the main line for support at KECK. They make you troubleshoot everything and fix everything even when its another departments responsibility.

When escalating to the appropriate team, they complain and yell at you. You have to force the ticket to them so that they can look into it.

There is no communication from other IT Departments. Whenever upgrades, maintenance, or updates are done on servers or software, the Help Desk is never notified. The way we find out is when we have various upset users calling about their issues.

Servers and systems are randomly crashing.
Upgrades and updates are done during business hours causing upset users and downtime for them.
Pros
Free food every one in a while
Cons
No communications
Great benefits
Library Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2017
Students and staff are enjoyable to work with, did not work with senior administration very much.

Great benefits, health, vacation, other time off. Pay is usual for an educational institution--less than corporate for the same responsibilities.
Great campus, not so much to job
METRANS Transportation Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2017
I loved working at USC. It was nice to be close to the campus everyday in Los Angeles. However, I was not a big fan of the job location (building) and the job in itself was not a great fit for me.
Productive, fun work at university
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2017
Great! I enjoyed working here immensely! Got to learn a lot, work on Machine Learning projects that are my core interests and with professors who share the same interests! Learning experience!
Great
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2017
Great experience working in USC, nice boss and colleagues. Good place to make friends and learn how to deal with difficult situation and team work. Really good experiences here
Great being on a school campus
Research & Data Analysis Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2017
Being on this school campus gave me a feeling of what it would be like walking around my dream school which is USC. I loved being able to volunteer for the time that I did.
Productive and competitive
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2017
I was a student worker here.. The work experience I had was as a voluntary research assistant. I also worked 2 on-campus jobs as a student caller for Rufallo NL and as a library security officer at USC
Business School - competitive but supportive culture
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2017
Positive culture in which to work in higher education, although very demanding. Teaching is priority for clinical-non-tenure track, so makes it very difficult to do research (which is how you gain recognition). Multiple priorities/requirements to serve on committees, task forces, etc. that eat up a lot of time.
Excellent internship placement
MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2017
USC Telehealth is an excellent mental health service that provides top quality care to clients while providing a top quality experience to its interns.
Exceptional teamwork and managenent
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2017
staff is wonderful to work with. teamwork at its best with a common goal in mind. fast paced work environment, must posses ability to work well with others in achieving deadlines and needs of the laboratory. staff is supportive of each other.
Pros
Great staff and management team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for USC very much. I liked everything about working there. I also had great opportunities to work over time when they needed the extra help. I was on call, and they called me in to cover which was a privilege to do so. I had a great heath plan along with good vacation time.
Pros
Good salary
Fun workplace.
Building Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 24, 2017
Miss working here. New management has forced many people to leave including myself. Close knit environment. So close that you need to know someone or be kin with someone inside. Nepotism 101 here, from management down to frontline.