University of Southern California Employee Reviews

HD Payroll/Personnel Coordinatior (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2016
Comfortable relaxed work environment, nice people, Good location, nice perks. Hard to say anything bad about working here
Enjoyable, engaging, rewarding.
Certified Trainer/Consultant (USC) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2016
A typical day of work consists of training a group of teachers on how to implement a 12-session high school drug prevention curriculum. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a variety of wonderful people from all over the country.
Dynamic, energetic premiere research university
Assistant to the Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2016
Located in downtown Los Angeles, USC talks the talk and walks the walk. This ivy school embraces the community through its commitment to improving the quality of life for all who live, work, study, worship, play around it.
Pros
Assistant to the Senior Vice President
Cons
Nothing significant
Marketing, Video production, and Graphic design (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2016
Overall, the staff are wonderful caring people. I've learned so much from working with USC. The best part of working at USC is the people, the collaborative environment.
Best University to work for
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2016
Just so great. Amazing environment, awesome place. My bosses are cool, my colleagues are fantastic. I can say for sure that working in the math department is like partying with job.
Great environment, depending on department and/or unit
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2016
USC is a great place to be, a very invigorating environment. That being said. Depending on your unit, it may be difficult to navigate the landscape. The benefits are great, the politics can be rough at times.
Pros
Campus, Students.
Cons
Politics
USC is a fantastic employer that provides stability and professional growth for those that want opportunity.
Senior Buyer, USC Bookstores (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2016
USC has great people, great achievements, and a great culture. It's a very exciting place to work. The University is always on the cutting edge from not only an academic perspective but one of business as well.
Pros
Excellent benefits, beautiful surroundings, bright, intelligent and driven people.
Cons
Too many bikes and skateboards :)
It's a job!
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2016
Benefits and compensation are good.
Environment is very political and micro-managed

Employees take advantage of the system. It is backwards... those that work are punished by denial of time off. I believe management are afraid of the "system" workers. Does not create a good atmospher
Pros
Benefits good
Cons
very political
Wonderful place to work
ADMINISTRTATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJuly 28, 2016
I worked at USC for 29 wonderful years in a number of different department. The work was very satisfying and my co-workers pleasant to work with. I learned word processing, excel spreadsheet and outlook while at USC. I took computer classes to further my skills.
Pros
Beautiful campus to walk around during my lunch break.
Cons
Driving to campus in the traffic.
Fantastic workplace culture and challening environment
Faculty and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 15, 2016
USC's Orange County campus is fun, fast-paced and filled with accomplished professors and staff members. I highly recommend it.
Usc
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2016
Fantastic place to work the staff are very knowledgeable and work very hard to make a difference in the surrounding communities.
Grading USC
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2016
One stays busy, I've learned a great set of skills, management needs much training, co- workers are ok. Hardest part of the job is working with the people. Most enjoyable part of the job is the work, I love what I do.
Pros
Great Place to Work for
Cons
The Pay is not great
Great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2016
Requires ability to mutli-task and interact with customers. I learned that attentive management will celebrate employs and applaud exceptional service. Hardest part of the job are duties that go beyond job description, but are required nonetheless in order to keep operations afloat.
Busy Workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2016
I was able to learn a lot of things while being a student assistant. I used to do administrative work, answer the phones, check in packages, sort mail, ensure the office looked presentable, ensure that conference rooms were put up daily. My coworkers were great and we all learned from each other.
Community Service Officer I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2016
I've been working for USC for over a decade and it has been a blessing to my family. Its a friendly work environment and its at a place that is really making a difference in people's lives.
Great opportunity to development new skills while attending USC
CTG/REACH Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2016
Loved working directly under faculty, and alongside my peers. The most enjoyable part of the job was visiting project sites and interacting with the community.
productive working enviornment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work for would be basically me assisting my boss on whatever it is she needed me to do, as far as making or receiving phones calls seeing if people wanted to subscribe to the schools' newspapers or buy tickets to the schools sports events, researching certain information on the computer, or simply being a delivery boy or messager.
Pros
full access to certain events, meeting certain establish people
Good working environment
Post-doctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2016
My day typically starts from 9 am to 6 or 7pm. Sometimes I work on weekends as well. I have learned a lot about immunology experiments and grant writing. My boss is really nice and encouraging. He is not a micromanager. My co-workers are nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job is to get experiments successfully done. The most enjoyable part is to learn and share.
Great Experience
Graduate Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2016
Learned a lot and loved working with my colleagues. The environment was great and working with the students is always a pleasure.
Multicultural and community oriented
Tech III/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2016
In research, there is no such a thing as a typical day, but I think that what enjoyed the most. USC is a place that provides a learning environment by presenting work currently been done at the University as well as bringing guests from other universities and companies to talk about their work. The speakers that come to present their research open a door to new ideas and new technology.
USC has programs to learn something and beneficial every Wednesdays that can be done in just five minutes.
There would be no hard part of a job if you enjoyed doing what you do.
I enjoyed working in creating the science of tomorrow.
Pros
Staff appreciation day

4.2