University of Southern California

University of Southern California Employer Reviews

Marketing
Student Health Center Coordinator (Former Employee), Los AngelesAugust 24, 2014
Over 10 years of Marketing experience. USC a great place to work, the only reason I left was because I moved to Florida
Great Place to Work
Associate Director, Enterprise Systems and Support (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2014
Its a great place to work and they offer work and family balance.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant/Patient Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2014
I loved working for USC, but the replaced all their MA for LVNs
Inviting environment
Assistant Secretary to VP of Facilities Management (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2014
Cons: low pay
This is a great place that has proven to have great flexibility with my school schedule.
Fun place to work
Student Technical Coordinator, Regulatory Sciences (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2014
The place where I work is fun and the work is exciting. The co-workers and staff that work with me are very brilliant people and have loads to share and to learn from. Not only about career but about life in general.
Very good place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: learning new data system, good supervisor & co-workers, many lunch options
Cons: job location & workplace was a bit small
My duties were pretty much limited to data entry, which was fine. My supervisor was great to work with & taught me the school data system easily. I learned quite a bit about financial aid & how it works at schools like USC. My co-workers were few but very nice to work with.
Exciting, fast-paced, cohesive environment.
Facilities and Fleet Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2014
Excellent home away from home with amazing benefits. Management is beginning to make changes as administrative reorganization is underway. No two days are alike which taught me to be prepared for anything.
Student Part Time Job
Student Operator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 12, 2014
Good working environment
Salary paid on time
Good & Informal management
veery busy
Lab Technician/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 8, 2014
non stop work
starting the work as soon as getting there
management was ok
everyone was nice
hardest too much
Exciting place to work, great people to work with.
Research Assistant/ Specimen Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: wonderful environment
Cons: there are no cons.
I love working here at USC, everyday there is something new in my role as Research Assistant. Due to the fact the our research department is always bringing in new clinical trials. I love the fact that my job is challenging and although sometimes there is pressure. It just makes me understand my role in what I do. I am valued as a person & employee. – more... I am thankful for the opportunity I have been given and all that I have learned along the way. I have been given the tools and freedom to make my own way and become more confident in knowing I am important. The only reason I am seeking employment elsewhere is because I want to move to Nevada and raise my family. I am leaving a wonderful position, and benefits in hopes of a better brighter future for my family. – less
Productive & Fun work place
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2014
USC was a great place to be employed. Everyone was welcomed into the Trojan Family! I had the opportunity to meet a diverse group of people. I truly enjoyed interacting with college students. They kept me on my toes so to speak, never a dull moment.

I had an awesome supervisor. He allowed me to give my input & make changes to my office. By doing this – more... my office was run very efficiently. We were constantly being recognized for offering exemplary service. – less
Fun place with plenty of places to eat
Data communication analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: plenty of libraries to look information up.
Cons: location too close to downtown.
It did not have the ideal location, being so close to downtown. But it is a nice palace to work in, with plenty of places to eat.
Awesome Working Environment
Master Student (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2014
-Starting at noon
-3 hours of learning
-3 courses/semester
-Study group
-Gaining knowledge and experience
Great place to work with wonderful culture
Diversity Recruiter (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2014
Amazing place to work! Wonderful people and great culture.
Nice and clean place to work in
Data communication analyst (Former Employee), LA,ca 900089May 31, 2014
USC was surrounded by many places for shopping and eating within walking distance.
Summary
Professional Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2014
• Schedules, modifies and conducts training exercises, classes or structured activities based on stated learning objectives. Facilitates group discussion of class experience and learning.
• Selects and develops training methods such as individual coaching, group instruction, demonstrations, meetings and workshop.
• Participates in the development of – more... plans, procedures and programs to meet specific training needs and issues.
• Conducts training needs assessment, using formal surveys and input from faculty or staff, to tailor training to instructor objectives or to set future training topics. Researches and identifies new topics to be covered in training sessions. Communicates training needs to management. Recommends, develops and implements modifications as necessary to ensure achievement of training goals and objectives.
• Develops and maintains training manuals, materials and related documentation. Determines design and format. Participates in the development and implementation of internal training procedures.
• Provides individualized assistance and group training to participants as needed.
• Operates or oversees operation of audio-visual, videotaping equipment or other media during training exercise or class. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Same Day Surgery Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: great teamwork, talented surgeons and staff, busy and fast paced
Cons: unable to utilize my rnfa skills due to a teaching facility
I enjoyed working at USC and the only reason I left was due to interest in pursuing my RNFA career. Due to it being a teaching hospital, I was unable to utilize my RNFA skills here.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angles, caMay 26, 2014
Pros: university pride
Cons: depends on you position
Fight On USC.

Great place to work and has a great cultural dynamic. If you bleed cardinal and gold, SC is the place for you!
Trojans
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2014
Pros: free luches and discounts
Cons: being overworked
The job started off great and ended badly. I was a barista at starbucks and it was what you would expect from a starbucks minus the bad management, unorganized schedules, abusing authority to do whatever outside of your job description that needs to be done. Like making deliveries and your a cashier and then have to come back from the delivery with – more... an entire lobby to clean and then count your drawer manually because their cash machines dont work. So needless to say, this was the worst job experience ever. Good luck job seekers. – less
Very Busy,Fast paced not enough employees,heavy workload
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles,caMay 23, 2014
Pros: hospital food fantastic, great benefits
Cons: short breaks
While working with USC it allowed me to work beyond measures.Iv'e learned so much from working with USC.Working in a medical office allowed me to see how the workflow is suppose to be.I got to experiance front and back office and even assisted docters at times. The hardest part of my job was , there was not enough co workers,work was heavy and everyone – more... was running around trying to do each others jobs.Charts were always missing and patient documents.Overall I would like to thank my co workers for allowing me to gain so much knowledge and guiding me as a team member. – less

University of Southern California Photos