University of Southern California Employee Reviews

Great Hospital / Poor Job
Program Manager/Trainer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Hospital
Cons: Company / leadership /pay
The Medical School and Hospital are fantastic. Some of the best doctors work there. However the pay and leadership is poor
Company with Purpose
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Free meals, benefits
Cons: Slow upward mobility if any. Policy will hold you down
Very procedure based. Very little room for variation and growth. A few traps are politically placed. Coworkers can be awesome or sneaky, looking for more ways to use the system in place to do even less work. Fairness is not huge there.
Nice place for work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 17, 2015
There's always a lot of challenging works in my lab, and you can work with the outstanding researchers from different countries. USC is a good place.
Meomorable five years
Graduate Research Assitant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2015
With a combination of great academic atmosphere and party-hard-work-hard lifestyle, USC is a nice place to work at. You get to meet all kinds of intelligent people of different origins and can have tons of opportunities to collaborate with people within and out of the university.
Great opportunity for physics researchers
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Free access to MATlab
Communicated with Research Manager to forward personal skills and become a more perfect reasoning agent.

Learned of new perspectives through co-workers
Can be a good place to work...
Customer Support Manager, Business Operations (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2015
Pros: 7.5hr workdays, paid holiday schedule, events, students, people
Cons: politics, lack of communication, lack of change, events, charged for everything
There is a great reputation behind the school. There are a lot of wonderful people working here too. Although, the politics seem to be the same no matter where you go.
Facility is in transition
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee), Glendale CaliforniaMay 5, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: administration is till working out the transition with chllanges
Facility was like family before USC transition. Administration is trying to do their best to right the ship but have many challenges from the top to the bottom.
Daily regiment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2015
A day at USC begins with a morning meeting to discuss the daily objectives and daily fundamentals.Followed by helping students, faculty, and administrative navigate through campus. Also provide great quality customer service
Great collaborative environment for Researchers
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Positive work ethics, collaborations between divisions and departments, great weather
Cons: Cost of Living, safety to some extent, you need to have a car
I have been a graduate student at USC Chemistry since Fall 2009. It is one of my best career decisions to join USC as I enjoyed working in a environment full of spirit, appreciation to innovative ideas and constant support from mentors and staffs
Extrodinary Experience
Football Strength and Conditioning Intern (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2015
Willing to assist with my progression as a coach and an individual. The athletes are top tier and willing to do whatever it takes to compete and win. the Facilities are amazing and all the employees are extremely helpful.
It will keep you young
Facility Director (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Salary and the living accommodations
Cons: Bad area, noisy and lots of parties on the street
A typical day at work consist of managing the facility,kitchen, chef, sous chef and ten staff members. Overseeing all repairs and maintenance is part of your daily routine.
I've learned to improve on my Excel, office and administration skills.
My co-workers were very professional and dedicated.
The hardest part of the job is to be rated by up to 300 bosses, which is also the most enjoyable part. You are never bored and always involved in some projects or events around the house.
wonderful job
Janitorial Maintenance (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: reasonable pay
Cons: hard work
I worked at USC for a long time and enjoyed everything from the people, compensation. I clean frat houses so the boys partied hard when I worked there. I worked hard to keep the frat houses clean for them.
Productive and best job I ever had!
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Short lunch break
Answer telephones and direct callers to appropriate areas, excellent work place to work with physicians and staff. I learned to much about research in the department of neurology. The hardest part of my job was to keep and maintain accuracy on the patients' schedule, very complex schedule, but I enjoyed every minute of this job.
Very flexible and rewarding job
Research Lab Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Rewarding, Flexible
Cons: Not secure job
The biggest thing I have learned from this job is working together, team work. One brain is not enough to do the job, but put three brains together will find the way to do the job.
Student Athletes
Learning Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2015
I think this was a great opportunity to getting exposed to the sports industry. I very much enjoyed working with athletes and helping them to organize their academic and athletic schedules.
Nice place to work
Assist physicians (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2015
Very research oriented, I have learned in depth about various clinical research. Working in the University is a learning experience on a daily basis, working with people of diffirent cultures makes the atmosphere enjoyable.
Fun and friendly workplace with flexible schedules
Team Leader / Staff Member (Former Employee), Los AngelesMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Simple tasks, friendly supervisors, flexible shifts
Cons: Short breaks, limited room for advancement
I was able to choose my shifts as I saw fit and could work for full time in the summer. I had to monitor classrooms and respond to phone services as an ITS Assistant but had little else to learn besides how to provide basic hardware assistance such as power resets, replacing malfunctioning connection wires, and remote desktop assistance. It was still a relaxing workplace with friendly coworkers. There was little difficulty in performing these tasks and I do wish I could have advanced myself more there.
University of Southern California
Computer Consultant II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great people to work with and my manager was awesome.
Cons: no advancement opportunities.
Work starts at 8:30am and I would check my queue for any priority tickets, I would address any issues from the previous day if any and would move on to assigned projects or tasks from my supervisors or Manager. I really appreciated the fact that our manager would let us work independently unless there were priority issues or instructions he wanted us to follow. I didn't like that there were no advancement opportunities in the department or that we would find out about some projects last minute from senior staff. My co-workers were great as we often shared knowledge and got along more as family than co-workers. I really enjoyed the people at USC and the opportunity and professional growth I received there, I'll miss it greatly.
Quality academic institution
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2015
Standard academic mix of work/life including all of the advantages and disadvantages of that for tenure-track faculty.
Perfect work/life balance, academic setting
Graduate Student Instructor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2015
Typical day at work involves grading students papers
Teaching them
Active involvement in class discussions
My co-workers include Professor Rahimi whom i assist in grading students
Most enjoyable part of the job is attending the class and listening to students experience