University of Southern California

University of Southern California Employee Reviews

Test
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2016
Gud retirement benefits and great higher education policies. Winter break is a good allowance and leave policies are generous. Downside are mandatory lunch breaks and old fashioned work style( no work from home).
Good place to do research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2017
My research advisor, post-doc and I have weekly group meeting to summarize the work we've done in previous week and discuss what we shall complete and try in the following week. My advisor will give some general ideas and potential research directions, the post-doc will guide me in details if I meet difficulties during the research.I learned a lot of math, physics theories and coding skills. It's very nice to work here.
Very professional academic/research environment
Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  playa vistaMay 11, 2016
Excellent learning environment. Research driven work mainly for government that required at times long hours that were challenging, yet very rewarding.
Pros
Great company benefits
Cons
government funded. Short contracts.
Amazing University
Battalion Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Once of the finest schools that I have had the pleasure of attending. USC is preparing me for the world of Social Work and Mental Health Services. I am proud to be a Social Worker and a USC. If you apply yourself to your studies and the material provided, you will be a valuable asset where ever you decide to go as a Licensed Social Worker or as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Fight on!
Pros
Great teachers
Cons
Excellent University to work for. I could have stayed working there, however, I relocated and it was a very long commute for me.
Financial Services Department - Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2016
Excellent University to work for. Interfaced with students on a daily basis. Developed & maintained good customer relations with students and USC Associates. There was no dull moment in that campus. The most busiest or hardest part of the job was during the open enrollment, where every students come to our Department to make payments for their Tuition. The most enjoyable part of the job was do the best I can to help students in the midst of crucial moment.
Pros
Free lunches provided by the Manager only when busy.
Cons
Health care benefits, discount on any courses you take, free schooling for full time employee's kids after serving 15 years working in the University.
Great School with very knowledgeable professors!
USC Institute for Creative Technologies (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Fast paced learning environment.
Learned about computer graphics, image processing, computational geometry.
Helpful managers.
Exponential growth curve of knowledge.
Meeting industrial challenges.
Most enjoyable is that it tends to my interests to keep me motivated to work.
Very productive and nice place to work
Administrative Assistant/Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2017
USC is a very nice place to work. I've learned to handle my day to day tasks efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my day is interacting with my colleagues and various students.
Great program
Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2016
Great program, excellent management, superb co-workers, great benefits package and lots of growth opportunities within USC
A professional environment, enjoyed working there.
Administrative Assistant [Temp Assignment] (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2017
It was an eye opening experience. My colleagues at work were the nicest. The professor, I heard was difficult to work with but, it was not the case for me. He was professional and wanted things to be done in a particular way.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No diversity
Grading USC
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2016
One stays busy, I've learned a great set of skills, management needs much training, co- workers are ok. Hardest part of the job is working with the people. Most enjoyable part of the job is the work, I love what I do.
Pros
Great Place to Work for
Cons
The Pay is not great
Fast-Paced and always interesting
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2016
Great Staff; work well as a group. Flexibility on how you can do your work. Upper Management could support staff better.
Pros
Flexibility
Benefits
Fun and very energitic work place.
Cashier / Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2016
A typical work day at usc college is very fast paced and always fun. The managers always made sure that you were with the right temp agency, always made sure that you got the right amount of hours, and always made sure you left on time.
Pros
hour lunch.
Cons
none.
Great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2016
Requires ability to mutli-task and interact with customers. I learned that attentive management will celebrate employs and applaud exceptional service. Hardest part of the job are duties that go beyond job description, but are required nonetheless in order to keep operations afloat.
Very busy place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2017
From the moment you start working at usc you feel the pride of being part of the trojan family.

You are in constant contact with customers, students, staff and visitors.
Great environment for Students to work
Facilities Management Services, Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 28, 2016
Students get flexible timings according to their classes. Supervisors are kind and understanding. Overall an ideal place for students to work part time.
grate place to work and excellent benefits
Food Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2016
Fast paced enviroment with 3500+ customers a day to serve, focus on detail and customer service. satisfaction of happy customers at the end of shift makes all the hard work worth while. managment is great and understandig of employees personal isssues and always provides adequated support and guide in everyday tasks.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
low wages
Dynamic, energetic premiere research university
Assistant to the Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2016
Located in downtown Los Angeles, USC talks the talk and walks the walk. This ivy school embraces the community through its commitment to improving the quality of life for all who live, work, study, worship, play around it.
Pros
Assistant to the Senior Vice President
Cons
Nothing significant
This is a university not a job
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2017
This was not a job position, It is the university I attended for my Master's degree. Not sure why this system thinks it is a job. No information to give.
Low Morale, politics, not a healthy environment to work for.
H.R coordinator (Former Employee) –  Park Campus - Auxiliary ServicesJanuary 31, 2013
The University is a beautiful campus, benefits were awesome. However, my position had too many tasks impossible to complete on daily basis. Workload was horrible, I always had to eat on my desk, (working through lunch). Ask many times for help (work-study individual) and was never provided with one. Micro-management in Auxiliary Services. Lots of games to deal with, and extreme turnover due to the lack of support in H.R. Bias If you are not a USC graduate, they treat you like you are from a different planet. I had to depart with a sour-taste experience in my career. Not a healthy environment, very toxic and political.
benefits
Cons
politics, micromanagement, workload.
Enjoyable, engaging, rewarding.
Certified Trainer/Consultant (USC) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2016
A typical day of work consists of training a group of teachers on how to implement a 12-session high school drug prevention curriculum. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a variety of wonderful people from all over the country.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Southern California. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2