University of Southern California

University of Southern California Employee Reviews

Felxible and productive
Student Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2016
I enjoy the worl here , it is flexible and productive at the same time. the Higher officials are very friendly and always lend a helping hand when in need.
Fun place and great team work.
Kenneth Norris Cancer Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 1, 2016
A great company to work for, but the distance was extremely far.
The service, perks, and case management department is great for our customers.
University of South Carolina Aiken
Maintenance-Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 11, 2016
This was a decent summer job, while I was taking summer courses at the University. I worked by myself and I also had the master key for all of the buildings. I was mostly in charge of the Freshman dorm that was used for summer camps and the maintenance office.
Good Learning experiece
Student Developer | Course Producer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2016
Full Stack developer and Research Assistant for the project ’Fuppy’ at USC. Involved in designing and building advanced applications using Android. http://fuppy.org/
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2016
In the Center for Neural Engineering Lab, the projects are very innovative; hence, a person is continuously learning.
good
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2016
good college to study.
Interesting courses and interesting professors. Some are more "I'm brilliant so they gave me this teaching job" rather than "I'm a great teacher who also happens to be brilliant".
Great program
Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2016
Great program, excellent management, superb co-workers, great benefits package and lots of growth opportunities within USC
Productive and Fun workplace
Office Assistant, Biological Sciences Department (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2015
It was a peaceful and friendly Environment. Everyone got along very well. We were like a family. We laughed and joked around often while getting our work done.
Pros
Often finished my duties early. I often helped students with their labs/ projects.
Cons
Calling to change the mailing address for those who no longer worked in the office, it was a bit much at times.
Excellent
MAC Logistics Project / Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Excellent place to work with nice staff and management, near downtown Los Angeles area and commute is great. If given another opportunity to work there I will very like will accept offer.
challenging and evolving
Director, Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2016
There was always something new at USC. I was met with open arms being completely new to USC and it was a pleasant experience but not without it's complicated environment.
Lifestyle and culture
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Culture here is very different from what I am use to. Not a nurturing and encouraging environment. being new to university have not received a warm welcome or support in learning encouraging.
Supportive undergraduate research environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2016
I had a good experience. I feel like my research here provided me with good background for graduate level research. I learned a lot about research techniques.
Usc
USC MSW Student (Current Employee) –  southern californiaMarch 15, 2016
USC has an awesome online MSW program. the best thing I like about the MSW program is that they will hook you up with and internship when the time comes.
Good work/life balance
Doctoral Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 20, 2015
Because of the location of the school, you will never get bored of things to do outside the work. As a Ph.D. student, your success will depend on which lab you work for, and the school has lots of good labs.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Pay for Ph.D. student is low
Lab Manager/ Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Keck School of MedicineMarch 7, 2016
I like working at the university of Southern California but its time for a change. The opportunities for advancement are nonexistent .
Hard Work
College Advisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2016
This position is not for the faint of heart. No two days are the same and being proactive and inventive are key pieces to being successful.
Exploitative place with little room for personal and professional growth
Marketing and Publications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2015
USC is run as a corporation, with more focus on money and marketing than on strong academic services. My boss continually required me to work unpaid extra hours under the promise of future retribution, which I never got back. When I decided not to give away free work any more, I was fired for underperforming. I never got the chance to take courses or attend conferences in USC. There was very little room for growth.
Graduate school is very hard but worth it
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 12, 2015
I was a graduate student at USC for many years, and it was a difficult experience. But as a student working towards a PhD in physics, that is to be expected. I was treated well and given every opportunity to succeed. If you go to graduate school at USC, expect to be under stress, but also expect to find the resources you need to achieve your goals as long as you are proactive in seeking them.

There is no typical work day. I have worked 70 hours straight for some experiments, and had weeks where there was very little to do. The pressure is intermittent and intense at times. Graduate students are not paid very well, but that is the norm. The healthcare was really good.
Pros
Access to the worlds leading experts on state of the art research topics
Cons
Broke, stressed, uncertain about future prospects.
Overall Good Place to Work
Assistant Director- Music Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2015
As a whole, USC is a good place to work. I'm looking to relocate which is my primary reason for applying for positions near Portland.

I've learned a lot about working with a wide array of individuals from all over the world. I've developed skills that would allow me to be successful in settings outside of higher education.

I've been lucky to have a great team to work with throughout my tenure at USC. USC has excellent benefits, particularly tuition benefits. Annual pay/salary seems low for Los Angeles.
informative and enthusiastic place to work.
Research Assistantship (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 16, 2015
The professor i am working with is a great mentor and a very reputed figure in the Electrical engineering field. Th management and balance of work load on a weekly basic is very well looked after. And to sum it up i have learned a lot professionally and personally from working there.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Pay is delayed some times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Southern California. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2