University of Southern California Employee Reviews

Grad Student
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2017
USC is great. The online MSW program is amazing. .Great professors great learning experience. It is a perfect fit for anyone with a tight schedule and commitment to their education.
USC loved working there enjoyed
Cook Asst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2017
Working at USC was an amazing experience, was and is part of the Trojan family, culture amazing rich history learnd. And advanced to student and working privileges
Pros
Free lunch, and football games
Cons
Non
Beautiful campus with many necessary improvements needed.
Academic Advisor, Roski School of Art and Design (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2017
The management is aggressive and does not value or encourage advancement of staff.
The compensation needs to improve by giving a living wage; no wages are given, and more work is always added. There is no real training and their is a lot of nepotism. As much as the University says that it values diversity, it isn't represented in it's faculty, management or much of it's staff.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Suppressive Management
Segmented and Bias
Doctoral Candidate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2017
Experienced extensive racial discrimination within the USC Viterbi School of Engineering due to a lack of transparency and accountability in the organization.
Usc
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2017
I have enjoyed working at USC, however, due to budget impact and department realignment, my position will be ending on June 30. I am saddened by this, but more importantly, I am saddened that I was not able to find another position at the university. I have posted for several positions that I am more than qualified for, but for some reason have been unsuccessful in my attempts to continue my employment with USC. I would have liked to have seen USC put forth more effort to help employees who are losing their positions to secure new positions within the university. Again, this has not been the case. Even though my time at USC has been somewhat difficult (previous manager issues that had to be resolved through HR, job ending) I would recommend anyone to apply for work with USC.
Pros
good benefits, nice people
Cons
term positions, mostly desk jobs, slow to hire
Excellent Place to Work
Consultant & Curriculum Advisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2017
Great place to work. Flexible Hours. Comfortable environment/culture. Well versed/educated staff. Everyone has been very friendly and easy to work with...
Needs improvement
Office Manager/Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2017
There's a huge discrepancy between management and staff, the benefits are great but the pay is not. There are few people of color in management and that's not likely to change any time soon.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, lack of diversity in management
Great work study job.
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2017
Great work study job that is flexible. Managers are friendly and accommodating to schedules and conflicts. Pay raises for each year. Overall, nice place to work while in school.
The best years of my life
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2017
I had such a wonderful time at USC and I loved my job with the school of music. I absolutely loved working for Gordon Lacross and interacting with the music community on a daily basis.
It's party time!
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2017
USC ranks so high in the nation is very surprising to me. Because all I can see is the party scenes every where. Students here are spoiled rich kids spending their parents money to party and get a "good school"'s degree. Overall I would highly recommend UCLA than USC. The only reason you would hear USC a lot is because of its football team. If you want to learn something, you probably better to go to UCLA...
Pros
Famous football team
Cons
Rest of it.
provided quality learning experiences
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 27, 2017
Great!
I met Dr. Aranda at SW dept. who had been such encouraging and supportive in many aspects of my learning at school. She was such a great educator, scholar, researcher, and leader at school and also in her community.
Student projects done only
Student Projects (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
Courses are challenging and intellectually stimulating. Tight deadlines are imposed and group projects are commonplace. However, be prepared to do a lot of research outside class to do projects
A great place to work
LEADERSHIP FELLOW (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
I've been a project employee, but I've found that the faculty and staff have been excellent. Their commitment to students is amazing. The work-life balance is stressed.
Fun and engaging
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2017
The environment is an academic and rigorous one, but it is also very lighthearted and playful. There are laughs and a lot of silly humor that comes from the intelligent and brilliant staff and faculty.
never work usc
Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2017
management is bullyed, disrespectfull, unprofessional, no moral, discrimination, they never train staff and treat you so bad, benefits a year less than 1 percent but management maximum 10 percent
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2017
It was really great experience for me to work for USC, and I learnt a lot during that period of time, the most important ones is being a great team player.
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 11, 2017
Create charts, Heavy call volume, Register patients. Pt are the best especially when they compliment you. Hardest part of the job was not being able to help everyone.
A Machine
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2017
The previous leadership cultivated a very warm and welcoming environment; it was a joyful place to work. The opportunity to create and connect with your work community was encouraged and supported.
Nice place with great stuff but beware of egoistic profs
Postdoctoral reseach associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2017
Everything about USC is great. But like any postdoc position it also depends on the people you work with and although many nice people are there, definitely USC is not lacking in number of good for nothing, egoistic profs. People who think are above all and they are visionary (whatever that means) and see the trend. Most of such professors' new publications have less than 100 citations, i.e., their research is useless/ irrelevant.
Presidential Guest Relations Graduate Assistant
Presidential Guest Relations Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2017
It is a great entry level job. I have learned so much. It taught me how to work with executive personal and to interact with trustees and VIP guests..