University of Southern California Employee Reviews

Internship
Admissions Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 12, 2016
This position was just an internship. It was a great job that taught me great people skills. The campus at the University of Southern California is just a jovial place to be. Therefore, interacting with students, potential students, parent and staff only increased my people skills.
Felxible and productive
Student Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2016
I enjoy the worl here , it is flexible and productive at the same time. the Higher officials are very friendly and always lend a helping hand when in need.
Great place to learn and get in touch with innovative things
Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2016
It's a great University. The teachers here are great too. I enjoyed the study atmosphere in USC very much. I highly recommend other students to apply to study here.
Fun place and great team work.
Kenneth Norris Cancer Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 1, 2016
A great company to work for, but the distance was extremely far.
The service, perks, and case management department is great for our customers.
to many people to go through to get anything done
Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2016
It is ok to work here. I have learned how important it is to value your employees and reward/discipline them accordingly.
good place to work
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2016
I had great people I worked with and we got to think outside the box on not only fun things to do with the staff in our division , but how we can make our team more efficient. Really enjoyed working there.
Good place to learn concepts
Safety Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2016
Typical day would be all work and no play. You get to interact a lot with people with all walks of life. Get to learn new things everyday. Work is challenging but fun.

Management is not that great.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Management is not good
Usc
USC MSW Student (Current Employee) –  southern californiaMarch 15, 2016
USC has an awesome online MSW program. the best thing I like about the MSW program is that they will hook you up with and internship when the time comes.
Great folks to work with, very challenging project
Senior Director, Enterprise Systems Implementation (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2016
USC was a great place to work. I was fortunate to have a great team. The down side was we took on too many projects in a short time frame (4 years). I was asked to lead project teams to successfully move the University's finance (GL, accounts payable and accounts receivable) payroll, HR, time accounting and their research administration systems from their 20 year old legacy systems to new state of the art systems.

A typical day was 12 to 15 hours for me staying on top of the project budgets and plans and preparing status updates for the executive steering committees for the major projects.

The hardest part of the job was keeping the teams focused on their objectives and isolating them from the internal politics.

The most enjoyable part of the job was celebrating our successes and working with the dedicated staff.
Pros
Support from the senior executives
Cons
Too much to do and not enough time in the day to get it all done
Amazing place to work
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2016
As a student web developer, there is a lot to learn and you can work and learn when it's an amazing place to work.
Working hours are very flexible and you can work anytime you want.
People here are always ready to help.
Hard Work
College Advisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2016
This position is not for the faint of heart. No two days are the same and being proactive and inventive are key pieces to being successful.
Lab Manager/ Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Keck School of MedicineMarch 7, 2016
I like working at the university of Southern California but its time for a change. The opportunities for advancement are nonexistent .
Good Learning experiece
Student Developer | Course Producer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2016
Full Stack developer and Research Assistant for the project ’Fuppy’ at USC. Involved in designing and building advanced applications using Android. http://fuppy.org/
good
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2016
good college to study.
Interesting courses and interesting professors. Some are more "I'm brilliant so they gave me this teaching job" rather than "I'm a great teacher who also happens to be brilliant".
Best left Unsaid
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2016
The work environment at USC is best for employees who are happy with minimal to no advancement, and where nepotism and glad-handing rein supreme. This is not a desirable place to work in anymore under those conditions.
Academic politics get in the way
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2016
I had a student position on campus and worked part time. Schedules were always flexible and the people were great to work with. However, there were way too many politics with academia that hampered the job significantly.
Excellent
MAC Logistics Project / Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Excellent place to work with nice staff and management, near downtown Los Angeles area and commute is great. If given another opportunity to work there I will very like will accept offer.
challenging and evolving
Director, Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2016
There was always something new at USC. I was met with open arms being completely new to USC and it was a pleasant experience but not without it's complicated environment.
Very Productive space
Student Navigation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2016
• Assisted patrons with technical, navigation, and research issues that they may encounter.
• First to handle computer/printing issues, as well as disputes and other complaints or questions visitors may possess.
•Trained new employees, giving tutorials on the various book stacking methods, printing, and computer systems used at the library
tweenty five year of service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2016
my time at USC was good. had an opportunity to meet a lot of famous people that came to visit the campus. That experience was great.

I meet a lot of different cultures which was also great.

The hardest part of the job, is when their were special events on campus. That when you had to deal with a larger group of customers, were you had to meet, greet, and assist with parking. Which we were very limited. Due to smaller structures

My coworkers were all great, they were like a second family. We was a team working together to provide excellent customer service to the customer.

Under pressure, I was able to learn how to deal with stressful situations. By taking classes, that teaches you how to cope with stress or unruly customers.
Pros
Great 501 plan
Cons
Could have hired better leaders to run transportation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Southern California. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2