University of Southern California

University of Southern California Employer Reviews

A good place to learn and improve yourself.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 22, 2013
A good place to learn and improve yourself. Group study on real-life problems.
Great opportunity
Customer Service Rep. Responsibilities (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2013
Learned a lot about customer service and filing.
Parking can get expensive.
busy saw 80 pt a day
Medical Assistant - Orthopedic Office Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: the unverisity is wonderful
Cons: the was not good
after 20 years of working I enjoyed my job and the staff and pt care the hardest part was working with surgeons but I learn a lot .
Terrible
Parking Service Cashier Parking Services (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 17, 2013
Pros: there aren't any
Cons: no benefits no room to move up and the pay is terrible
They do not value you as a worker they're isn't any room to move up. They make special jobs for special people of there interest versus someone who's been there for years. They lack helping their employees to find work with them. They would rather you find employment elsewhere.
Productive and friendly place with a space of personal improvement
Regulatory Project Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2013
My everyday schedule involved teaming up with Quality Compliance team to develop new templates for the system while on other hand with a team of Regulatory Compliance in developing and updating regulatory submissions. The work culture supported lot of inter team interactions and being aware of whole picture. The hardest part of the job was to keep up – more... in the loop with multiple teams and focusing on individual work. I enjoyed learning multiple aspects of product development at the same time. – less
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2013
good research environment and nice professors
I Optimized ingredient of chemical ink in 3D printing of metallic parts
Investigated cleaning liquid for selective stripping after SIS method of 3D printing
Great University
Grader (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2013
I worked as a course Grader, kind of Teaching Assistant in University of Southern California. When I studied here, professor gave this chance to be a grader of his class. My job is to grade all students' assignments and labs.
Amazing place
Instructor Assistant for Prof. Randolph Beatty (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2013
Love this place a lot. People are sharp, genuine and helpful.
Learnt a lot and very good place to work
IT Support (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2013
- Was a continuous learning process.
- Everything documented properly helping new comers learn fast.
- Learned to attend customer calls.
- Co-workers were very helpful
Great Work Place
Asst. Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Los AngelesSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: some late nights
Co-Worker were great to work with I enjoyed my time working there.
Organized workplace, good office resources, passionate coworkers
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2013
A typical day consists of sitting at the computer performing data entry tasks. Data entry includes entering information obtained in surveys from research participants, as well as double- and triple- checking all previously entered data and performing some calculations to obtain BMI values. Some days also involve going out into the field to administer – more... surveys/questionnaires-the data collection process, as well as conducting research and literature reviews of previously published research papers. I learned a lot about the research process, both the joys and challenges that are faced. I worked under a PhD in public health/preventive medicine, and my co-workers were usually other research assistants, who had similar duties.
The most difficult part of the job was obtaining consent, and having consistent participants who we could track throughout the course of the research project. The most enjoyable part was interacting with research participants, and I also enjoyed entering data-it gave me an inside look into the research process as well as all the different types of people and their experiences. – less
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2013
Great benefits is one of the most attractive aspects of working for USC.
USC Med-Cor student volunteer
University Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaliforniaAugust 29, 2013
Pros: free lunch
I was in clerical work doing filing and faxing papers and running floor errands. I would often take calls. Kind and helpful office ladies to the shy and timid me ahah. I also input patient data into the computer database
Productive and fun working place.
Histology Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles CAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Nice working enviroment. Free educational classes. Excellent medical benefits.
Looking for Internship positions in the areas of Digital VLSI/ Computer Architecture
Research Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2013
Currently working as Research lab assistant at University of Southern California,
For PCB building and testing/debugging for SoliScope project.

TECHNICAL SKILLS
Hardware Description Language: Verilog , VHDL
 Programming Languages: C, C++
 Tools: Virtuoso 6.1-Cadence EDA tools, ModelSim, Matlab, MPLAB IDE v8.30, AUTOCAD2008

Courses taken at USC:
EE457-Computer – more... System (Organization and Architecture)
EE477- MOS VLSI Circuit Design
EE557-Computer Systems Architecture
EE577a-VLSI System Design
EE554-Real Time Computer Systems
EE560-Digital System Design -- Tools and Techniques

PROJECTS
1) Processor based on Tomasulo algorithm (Tools Used:- Modelsim, Xilinx, Digilent Adept)

2) CMT Processor Design

3) Code Coverage, Timing Analysis and Content Addressable Memory (CAM)

4) Implementation of MOESI protocol

5) FIFO Implementation (Tools: Xilinx ISE, Design Compiler, NCSim)

6) Design of a general purpose CPU

7) Design of 5-stage in-order linear instruction pipeline

8) Full custom standard cell micro library characterization (Spectre, 180nm TSMC)

9) Digital neuron and its network (with FANOUT=99)

10) Zigbee Based Monorail Control System – less
A very diverse environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2013
Pros: flexibility
I loved my job at USC. I met a lot of wonderful people. I gained a lot of knowledge as well. A typical day may consist of billing or creating maintenance work orders.
Very friendly workplace with nice and dedicated patients.
Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2013
Greet patients and prepare for examinations. Obtain and record vital signs, medication list, new medical problems related to the study, medical history. Perform EKG's. Prepare patient for venous blood collection. Skillfully collect blood specimens maintaining sterile techniques. Document information regarding all performed procedures in the medical – more... records such as EKG,s compliance for study medications, physical activities, dietary intake, blood test results and other tests done outside our clinic. Assist in coverage reception area.

I enjoyed working at USC Elite study. It was like a big family. – less
Excellent higher learning institute
Rossier School of Education, Office Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: lots of interaction with outside agencies made for a diverse work experience
Cons: opportunity was limited to current student status at the university
Had the opportunity to learn under truly competent professionals. Highly organized work environment with clear goals and expectations. Managed by genuine, hard working individuals with a standard that was both challenging and rewarding to work up to.
Top 10 research univertsities
Associate Career Counselor (Former Employee), Los, Angeles. Doctor of Education CandidateAugust 9, 2013
The University of Southern California is one of the top ten reaserch universities in the U.S. Faculty student ratio was excellent
3-1 when I attended. The faculty were products of renown universities around the world My doctoral advisors and professors were recruited from Oxford University, England, Stanford University, University of Chicago, the University – more... of California at Los Angeles and the University of California at Berkley. – less
excellent educational system to work for
Research Fellow (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2013