University of Southern California

University of Southern California Employee Reviews

Customer service/cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2017
Usc treats their employees as a family
great benefits
room for advancement
they train in all areas
my experience with this company was a very pleasant one
Pros
daily meals for each shift
Cons
do not provide enough hours for their full time employees
having good time with professor and other TAs
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2017
Helping student is a very good experience. As students are from different countries and have different backgrounds, being able to guiding them through the course material makes me feel confident to work in a various culture workplace.
Helping the homeless
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work for.. I would recommend it to everyone. Long days but very rewarding .. Great pay and co worker. Managagement is to die for.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks
Great Student Job
Integrated Document Delivery, Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Flexible hours, kind and laid-back workplace culture. Typical day involves re-shelving books and checking them in and out of the library database. Enjoyed working in the quiet libraries
Not Somewhere Id Recommend To Work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Just an all around bad environment to work in , definitely wouldn't recommend work here to anyone not looking to go back to school. Staff are very rude at times and so is management
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Attitudes, Staff, Cliques
student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Typical university life, flexible, overtime working, a lot of fun and activities. Learnt a lot, and enjoyed southern California weather and culture for several years
Great place for doctoral training
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Highly creative and supportive training environment for doctoral students. Provides a variety of career and professional training opportunities for both academic and industrial careers.
Good place to do research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2017
My research advisor, post-doc and I have weekly group meeting to summarize the work we've done in previous week and discuss what we shall complete and try in the following week. My advisor will give some general ideas and potential research directions, the post-doc will guide me in details if I meet difficulties during the research.I learned a lot of math, physics theories and coding skills. It's very nice to work here.
Good
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2017
A good school, actually. I love my school, and it provides lot of benefits for students, such as free lyon center, medical care, safety care and so on.
A professional environment, enjoyed working there.
Administrative Assistant [Temp Assignment] (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2017
It was an eye opening experience. My colleagues at work were the nicest. The professor, I heard was difficult to work with but, it was not the case for me. He was professional and wanted things to be done in a particular way.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No diversity

Want to know more about University of Southern California?

Ask a question
Great School with very knowledgeable professors!
USC Institute for Creative Technologies (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Fast paced learning environment.
Learned about computer graphics, image processing, computational geometry.
Helpful managers.
Exponential growth curve of knowledge.
Meeting industrial challenges.
Most enjoyable is that it tends to my interests to keep me motivated to work.
very nice place to work.
Income Auditor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Great director. Very easy to get along. I have learned so much from him. Co-workers are easy to get along. Most employees have been there minimum of 10years. Great benefits.
Pros
great pay, great benefits and you can grow easly.
Cons
parking is very expensive
Very productive and nice place to work
Administrative Assistant/Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2017
USC is a very nice place to work. I've learned to handle my day to day tasks efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my day is interacting with my colleagues and various students.
Amazing University
Battalion Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Once of the finest schools that I have had the pleasure of attending. USC is preparing me for the world of Social Work and Mental Health Services. I am proud to be a Social Worker and a USC. If you apply yourself to your studies and the material provided, you will be a valuable asset where ever you decide to go as a Licensed Social Worker or as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Fight on!
Pros
Great teachers
Very busy place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2017
From the moment you start working at usc you feel the pride of being part of the trojan family.

You are in constant contact with customers, students, staff and visitors.
Must be flexible
Public Safety Communications Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Working as a dispatcher is strenuous and time-consuming. There were many days where breaks and lunches were not available due to staffing shortages. Benefits are decent however management can improve.
Cons
Staffing shortage & management
This is a university not a job
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2017
This was not a job position, It is the university I attended for my Master's degree. Not sure why this system thinks it is a job. No information to give.
Great environment for Students to work
Facilities Management Services, Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 28, 2016
Students get flexible timings according to their classes. Supervisors are kind and understanding. Overall an ideal place for students to work part time.
Terrible Work/Life Environment
Director, Lambda LGBT Alumni Association (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 18, 2016
My review is based solely on my experience in the Alumni Association. The work/life balance is almost nonexistent. Vacations were only permitted to be taken between June 15 and August 15. The rest of the year was 60-70 hour weeks, nearly non-stop. No comp time and no consideration for evening and weekend work.

The benefits are good from a retirement standpoint. Otherwise, they are pretty much average.
Pros
Great retirement matching.
Cons
Terrible work/life balance.
Fun and very energitic work place.
Cashier / Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2016
A typical work day at usc college is very fast paced and always fun. The managers always made sure that you were with the right temp agency, always made sure that you got the right amount of hours, and always made sure you left on time.
Pros
hour lunch.
Cons
none.