University of Southern Indiana Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace that Prepared you for the Real World
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 12, 2017
The science department truly cares about their students and they take initiative of them because they are the future of our scientific breakthroughs. Time management was key and there were always deadlines to meet. The most enjoyable part was when you realized that you truly enjoyed the discovery and had a hunger for learning as much as possible.
Difficult job environment but great perks
Computer Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 16, 2016
I worked with a supervisor and two other men in an office.When someone at the University had a computer problem, they would call our Help Desk. Most days I was assigned tasks from the Help Desk that my supervisor knew I could handle. He had great confidence in my abilities to understand a user's computer problem and to fix it. I was given problems from users that my colleagues did not want to deal with. The hardest part of the job was being the only woman in the department. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping folks. I really miss our faculty and our students.
Pros
University environment, different problems to solve every day
Cons
Being the only woman, long days
Student Worker
Student Worker / Work and Study Student (Current Employee) –  Evansville, IN 47712December 27, 2016
I enjoy this job at USI, it is simple and the director of the program is unbelievably kind. If given the chance I would stay on after my time as a student is over.
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 22, 2016
A great place to work with a friendly atmosphere. Nice employees and management. Probably one of the best jobs I've had.
Pros
occasional free food and events
Fun working environment
Judge (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 18, 2016
very helpful co-workers. They were prompt in making any arrangements required for my project. They would give high regard for my creativity and any projects that I would design. Trained me on several instruments.
Great summer job
Cleaning Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 28, 2016
consistent work schedule, work with really nice people, competitive pay, end of season bonus, must have near perfect attendance, paid breaks
Fun Working Enviornment
Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 26, 2016
On a typical day I would first check the mail box to see if their was any filing to do along with customer service and helping students and or others with any questions. Next I would check the printers to see if tray's needed to be filled. After that I would do deliveries around campus, if needed. lastly I would work on spreadsheets for professors, Powerpoints for presentations (if needed) and assist other professors with paperwork, filing, emails and phone calls.

Meanwhile, working and taking care of phone calls and paperwork, it was a very enjoyable job, it was relaxed and everyone was really nice. We had food, work games and gatherings outside of work.
Pros
free food
Cons
Pay and benefits
Student
Member (Former Employee) –  University of southern IndianaSeptember 17, 2016
Hard worker.
assists
motivated
fast learner
talking to people
learned a lot about communication skills with clients
come to work on time prepare the clinic. look at the client file.
assess the client need .
Productive and organized
Graduate Assistant - NCAA Compliance (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 3, 2016
Always stayed busy and never a same day. In charge of assisting compliance coordinator in athletics. I enjoy sports so everyday was enjoyable and never a dull moment.
It was fun
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 21, 2016
It was an easy job that didn't require a lot of work. I just had to manage 20 kids and teach them all the basics of swimming while being by myself.
Nice Place to work
Senior Administrative Asisstant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 12, 2016
USI is a pretty nice place to work. The campus is beautiful and the benefits are even better! Would definitely recommend my current position to those who are thoroughly invested in Theatre.
Student Worker
Morning Show DJ (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 16, 2016
I really enjoyed working at USI. I had three jobs total all were great although I felt that for my functional ability I did not receive enough responsibility.
Forever Grateful for USI
Athletic Communications Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 8, 2016
USI gave me a place to learn new skills and implement them and put them to use in practical ways. USI = Experience! The opportunities available at USI will give you the chance to become your best.
Not bad adjunct position
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 30, 2015
Adjuncting at USI is better than at many schools. Adjuncts have semi-private office space (shared) and a reasonably good amount of interaction with their departments. However, there is no employment security, opportunities for professional development, or avenues for advancement.
Excellent place to work -- faculty and staff are engageing and delightful
Professor Emeritus (Former Employee) –  Romain College of BusinessSeptember 21, 2015
COB faculty and administration are a good fit. Faculty are supportive of one another.
Administrations at the College level is willing to do whatever is necessary to make sure that faculty have what is needed in order to do their research, teach effectively, supervise students, and foster community relationships.
Pros
excellent benefits, and working conditions
Cons
students can become unporoductive at times
Amazing opportunities with supporting faculty
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 30, 2015
Working at USI has presented multiple growth opportunities on a personal and professional level. The staff and faculty at USI are focused on challenging and building employees up with their research and plethora of knowledge.
Nice people, paid holidays, overtime opportunity.
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 7, 2015
USI is very secure place to work- life and health insurance, sick and vacation days + free tuition if you want to go school and get your degree. If you have kids under 21 want go to school USI pay 75% off for their education.
Great place to teach...
Professor - Liberal Arts (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 14, 2015
The whole process has been relaxed and encouraging. Great support in the liberal arts department. It is a great experience and I would recommend this university to any student or teacher.
University of Southern Indiana
Senior Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 1, 2014
My key responsibilities that I deal with on a daily basis are invoicing, program development, and office needs that revolve around the Connect with Southern Indiana program and Corporate partnerships. My coworkers and management are wonderful and I've learned so much during my first two years as a professional. The most challenging part of this position has been learning to multitask different projects and paperwork that needed to be completed
Pros
benefits, laid back, supportive, growth opportunities
Fun but stressful workplace
Stage Acts Chair (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 11, 2014
Go down to the office each day to check emails about upcoming artists coming to USI to perform. The co-workers were close friends, and did anything that was asked from the other chairs or Vice presidents, or president. The hardest part of the day was finding someone to bring out the biggest crowd for a certain event. The most enjoyable part of being a chair for the Activities Programming Board was meeting all the performers before the shows, and being able to register for classes early.
Pros
Desk at USI to do homework, and checking emails and getting a performance approved.
Cons
The hours, and consent email checking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Southern Indiana. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3