University of Southern Indiana Employee Reviews

Flexible time that helps boost student finances
Graduate Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 6, 2017
The Writers' Room at USI provided many tools to help with student workers. Along with the pay provided, the work had very flexible hours to help students work and study at the same time. It also helped worker improve their own work by understanding the problems that they were hired to fix.
Pros
flexible hours, ample time to learn
Cons
No room for advancement
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 6, 2017
I enjoy working here. Nice staff and good faculty support. I enjoy the interactions with students as well. Whenever I have an IT issue, I always have IT available to help.
Great Atmosphere
Liberal Arts Office Secretary (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 30, 2017
This was a very educational place to work. I enjoyed the atmosphere as well as my co-workers. I would surely recommend others to work here. I am looking forward to finding similar employment opportunities.
Usi
Outreach Coordinator/ Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 19, 2017
They need to take a hard look at the people they have as Directors and Supervisors. There needs to be leadership training, for those people in leadership positions.
Pros
driven for diversity
Cons
not everyone on board
The Hardest Part
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 23, 2017
Our department was poorly managed, very stressful. They would say one thing then do another. My personal manager was condescending, inappropriate, and should not have been a manager in any institution.
Pros
Time off, benefits
Cons
Extremely low pay, inappropriate management
Usi
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 3, 2017
Not bad place to work. I worked as a student worker throughout college. Seemed to me that the pay could be better for everyone, but its a state funded institution so take that with a grain of salt.
Loved my job
Administrative Assistant - Music & Art Dept. (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 28, 2017
I loved the atmosphere and all the people I worked with. They were very kind and generous people. We were like a family. The only reason I left there was for better benefits for my family. It was very hard to leave.
Pros
All the people I worked with
Fine place to work
Assistant Professor of Psychology (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 16, 2017
Expectations for job advancement was clearly stated. Coworkers were easy to get along with. Managers tried to be helpful in the advancement of there supervisees
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 14, 2017
USI is a good place to work and is made up of employers that care about their students and employees. Fair business practice is a necessity, and USI gives that to its employees.
Very nice place to work
Outreach and Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville Vanderburgh SchoolsMay 26, 2017
Managing three school-based health centers is a very rewarding job. There is opportunities to form strong community bonds with the school personnel and the students.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Not up to par on salary
Flexible part time employer
Teacher Education, Liberal Arts (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 13, 2017
I worked as an adjunct so can't speak to the culture for full time employment. Everyone I met in the education and liberal arts departments were helpful
Pros
Flexible
N/a
International Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working as an International Student Leader, especially since my degree was in International Studies. I loved working with a diverse group of people and was able to make friends from all over the world.
Growing university in southwestern Indiana
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 15, 2017
Like many colleges and universities, this one is has many job opportunities for adjunct professors but is partial to the full-timers. That being said, it was still a supportive atmosphere and worked with my schedule.
Simple and Helpful position
Health Profession Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 3, 2017
This position deals with helping students and teachers with preparing study materials, tests, and computer issues.The learning resource center is a place where health professions students study and request assistance.
Firendly environment
Adjunct faculty - Anatomy and physiology lab (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 1, 2017
Had a great opportunity interacting with graduate students and
served as a team player. All faculty members are cooperative and good. had successful completion of courses with 100% success in the area. Challenging job as it requires lot of information update and to incorporate into the ongoing syllabus.
Pros
Teacher's appreciation
Cons
cant think off
Great workplace for current students
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 15, 2017
Working for the University of Southern Indiana as a student worker was great. They worked with my school schedule and were observant of finals.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
minimal hours
Productive Workplace that Prepared you for the Real World
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 12, 2017
The science department truly cares about their students and they take initiative of them because they are the future of our scientific breakthroughs. Time management was key and there were always deadlines to meet. The most enjoyable part was when you realized that you truly enjoyed the discovery and had a hunger for learning as much as possible.
Student Worker
Student Worker / Work and Study Student (Current Employee) –  Evansville, IN 47712December 27, 2016
I enjoy this job at USI, it is simple and the director of the program is unbelievably kind. If given the chance I would stay on after my time as a student is over.
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 22, 2016
A great place to work with a friendly atmosphere. Nice employees and management. Probably one of the best jobs I've had.
Pros
occasional free food and events
Great summer job
Cleaning Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 28, 2016
consistent work schedule, work with really nice people, competitive pay, end of season bonus, must have near perfect attendance, paid breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Southern Indiana. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3