University of Southern Indiana Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Working Enviornment
Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 26, 2016
On a typical day I would first check the mail box to see if their was any filing to do along with customer service and helping students and or others with any questions. Next I would check the printers to see if tray's needed to be filled. After that I would do deliveries around campus, if needed. lastly I would work on spreadsheets for professors, Powerpoints for presentations (if needed) and assist other professors with paperwork, filing, emails and phone calls.

Meanwhile, working and taking care of phone calls and paperwork, it was a very enjoyable job, it was relaxed and everyone was really nice. We had food, work games and gatherings outside of work.
Pros
free food
Cons
Pay and benefits
Student Worker
Morning Show DJ (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 16, 2016
I really enjoyed working at USI. I had three jobs total all were great although I felt that for my functional ability I did not receive enough responsibility.
Nice Place to work
Senior Administrative Asisstant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 12, 2016
USI is a pretty nice place to work. The campus is beautiful and the benefits are even better! Would definitely recommend my current position to those who are thoroughly invested in Theatre.
Forever Grateful for USI
Athletic Communications Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 8, 2016
USI gave me a place to learn new skills and implement them and put them to use in practical ways. USI = Experience! The opportunities available at USI will give you the chance to become your best.
Great place to teach...
Professor - Liberal Arts (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 14, 2015
The whole process has been relaxed and encouraging. Great support in the liberal arts department. It is a great experience and I would recommend this university to any student or teacher.
Not bad adjunct position
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 30, 2015
Adjuncting at USI is better than at many schools. Adjuncts have semi-private office space (shared) and a reasonably good amount of interaction with their departments. However, there is no employment security, opportunities for professional development, or avenues for advancement.
Amazing opportunities with supporting faculty
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 30, 2015
Working at USI has presented multiple growth opportunities on a personal and professional level. The staff and faculty at USI are focused on challenging and building employees up with their research and plethora of knowledge.
Nice people, paid holidays, overtime opportunity.
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 7, 2015
USI is very secure place to work- life and health insurance, sick and vacation days + free tuition if you want to go school and get your degree. If you have kids under 21 want go to school USI pay 75% off for their education.
Excellent place to work -- faculty and staff are engageing and delightful
Professor Emeritus (Former Employee) –  Romain College of BusinessSeptember 21, 2015
COB faculty and administration are a good fit. Faculty are supportive of one another.
Administrations at the College level is willing to do whatever is necessary to make sure that faculty have what is needed in order to do their research, teach effectively, supervise students, and foster community relationships.
Pros
excellent benefits, and working conditions
Cons
students can become unporoductive at times
I enjoyed the work environment!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 11, 2015
I worked in Historic New Harmony and it was a great place to work! The staff was friendly and laid back. The office was beautiful! I met many wonderful people,
Perfect College Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 11, 2014
Working on campus was perfect and convenient due to living so close. I would assess the dorms and apartments for damages over breaks and at the end of the semesters to bill for any damages.
Pros
close to home at the time
Cons
no advancement
liked helping students
Study Instructor-Humanities (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 12, 2014
was an integral part of helping students learn how to study and be productive. learned to manage my time and show students how to manage study time effectively. mostly worked on my own with little supervision. loved the job, but the pay was low
Learned alot about networking, ethernet connectivity and fiber optics
References Maurice Coates, Owner (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 14, 2014
typically would arrive at work in the morning be assigned my tasks for the day and beign work. Would attend classes during the workday.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
pay was only that of a student worker.
Decent work place
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Evansville Indiana 47712May 29, 2014
If you are just looking for something to pay the bills this is for you. If your looking for advancement this is not for you, moving up in the work place here is difficult if non existent.
University of Southern Indiana
Senior Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 1, 2014
My key responsibilities that I deal with on a daily basis are invoicing, program development, and office needs that revolve around the Connect with Southern Indiana program and Corporate partnerships. My coworkers and management are wonderful and I've learned so much during my first two years as a professional. The most challenging part of this position has been learning to multitask different projects and paperwork that needed to be completed
Pros
benefits, laid back, supportive, growth opportunities
Best place and friendly
Student Worker in Multicultural Center (Former Employee) –  Evansville IndianaApril 10, 2014
I love this organization it is the best and most productive place to work. the senior admins and higher managers are helpful in training and always greet with a smile.
Pros
clean, great, nurturing productive working environment.
Cons
n/a
Nice place to work
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 20, 2014
Must of the staff are friendly and helpful and they have a good working environment.
Fun but stressful workplace
Stage Acts Chair (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 11, 2014
Go down to the office each day to check emails about upcoming artists coming to USI to perform. The co-workers were close friends, and did anything that was asked from the other chairs or Vice presidents, or president. The hardest part of the day was finding someone to bring out the biggest crowd for a certain event. The most enjoyable part of being a chair for the Activities Programming Board was meeting all the performers before the shows, and being able to register for classes early.
Pros
desk at usi to do homework, and checking emails and getting a performance approved.
Cons
the hours, and consent email checking
Growing
Web Developer/ Programmer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 9, 2014
This is a still a growing school and with that comes alot of learning. But over time they will be a wonderful school to be working for.
great office
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2014
worked with a great group of people in the Reg office. they made work fun and ever changing.
Pros
students
Cons
students

4.3