University of Southern Indiana Employee Reviews in United States

Forever Grateful for USI
Athletic Communications Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 8, 2016
USI gave me a place to learn new skills and implement them and put them to use in practical ways. USI = Experience! The opportunities available at USI will give you the chance to become your best.
Nice Place to work
Senior Administrative Asisstant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 12, 2016
USI is a pretty nice place to work. The campus is beautiful and the benefits are even better! Would definitely recommend my current position to those who are thoroughly invested in Theatre.
Not bad adjunct position
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 30, 2015
Adjuncting at USI is better than at many schools. Adjuncts have semi-private office space (shared) and a reasonably good amount of interaction with their departments. However, there is no employment security, opportunities for professional development, or avenues for advancement.
Amazing opportunities with supporting faculty
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 30, 2015
Working at USI has presented multiple growth opportunities on a personal and professional level. The staff and faculty at USI are focused on challenging and building employees up with their research and plethora of knowledge.
Excellent place to work -- faculty and staff are engageing and delightful
Professor Emeritus (Former Employee) –  Romain College of BusinessSeptember 21, 2015
COB faculty and administration are a good fit. Faculty are supportive of one another.
Administrations at the College level is willing to do whatever is necessary to make sure that faculty have what is needed in order to do their research, teach effectively, supervise students, and foster community relationships.
Pros
excellent benefits, and working conditions
Cons
students can become unporoductive at times
Nice people, paid holidays, overtime opportunity.
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 7, 2015
USI is very secure place to work- life and health insurance, sick and vacation days + free tuition if you want to go school and get your degree. If you have kids under 21 want go to school USI pay 75% off for their education.
Great place to teach...
Professor - Liberal Arts (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 14, 2015
The whole process has been relaxed and encouraging. Great support in the liberal arts department. It is a great experience and I would recommend this university to any student or teacher.
I enjoyed the work environment!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 11, 2015
I worked in Historic New Harmony and it was a great place to work! The staff was friendly and laid back. The office was beautiful! I met many wonderful people,
Fun but stressful workplace
Stage Acts Chair (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 11, 2014
Go down to the office each day to check emails about upcoming artists coming to USI to perform. The co-workers were close friends, and did anything that was asked from the other chairs or Vice presidents, or president. The hardest part of the day was finding someone to bring out the biggest crowd for a certain event. The most enjoyable part of being a chair for the Activities Programming Board was meeting all the performers before the shows, and being able to register for classes early.
Pros
desk at usi to do homework, and checking emails and getting a performance approved.
Cons
the hours, and consent email checking
Strong workplace giving me a feeling of accomplishment.
Accounting Tutor and Student Athlete Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2013
I work as an accounting tutor for all students who may need assistance in accounting. I also am a mentor for new student athletes. I help these athletes get accustomed to the University of Southern Indiana and learn important time management skills. I make sure these students keep good grades, while playing a sport in college. I love knowing that I can help people to accomplish the goals they are striving to acheive.
Disorganized Chaos
Furniture Moving Crew (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 17, 2013
The summer rehab program at USI is a can of worms. There are different aspects to the program. Painting, Cleaning, and Furniture. I was on the furniture crew so our job consisted of heavy moving everyday. The biggest flaw was that the person in charge was confused most of the time and we ended up doing many jobs over because he did not know what he was doing.
Pros
paid breaks, $1000 bonus
Cons
miscommunications with management.
University of Southern Indiana/Historic New Harmony
Visitor Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 1, 2012
It is a wonderful place to work.
You meet many new people daily in greeting and informing them of the History in New Harmony.
The staff are very passionate in telling the story and promoting the town of New Harmony.
The town's people are very helpful and friendly.
Favorite part is leading the school field trips and teaching them all the subjects while making it fun.
Helping in setting up the special events is fun and then seeing the expressions of the customers when they enter into the event.
Giving that customer a "wow' experience is very inspirational.
Researching the History to learn more in order to tell more on tours.
Pros
great atmosphere. beautiful town. friendly.
Cons
poor wages, weather interfers with tours, businesses are not open as needed.
Social workers do so much!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 24, 2012
While working in the social work office, I learned how hard social workers work. While making copies for some of the professors I would read about CPS, missionary work and other situations that social workers were needed in. The most enjoyable part of my job was during class sign-up and I could help guide students on their academic path.
Pros
meet lots of students.
Cons
no hours.
liked helping students
Study Instructor-Humanities (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 12, 2014
was an integral part of helping students learn how to study and be productive. learned to manage my time and show students how to manage study time effectively. mostly worked on my own with little supervision. loved the job, but the pay was low
Perfect College Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 11, 2014
Working on campus was perfect and convenient due to living so close. I would assess the dorms and apartments for damages over breaks and at the end of the semesters to bill for any damages.
Pros
close to home at the time
Cons
no advancement
Learned alot about networking, ethernet connectivity and fiber optics
References Maurice Coates, Owner (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 14, 2014
typically would arrive at work in the morning be assigned my tasks for the day and beign work. Would attend classes during the workday.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
pay was only that of a student worker.
Awesome leadership skill building opportunity
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 16, 2013
In my position as an SI Leader, I honed my leadership and interpersonal communication skills by facilitating group study with lower division students. It also gave me the opportunity to work with a variety of people from many different backgrounds.
Good overall, wish I could have got more than a 1 yr contract
Instructor of History, History Department (Current Employee) –  Evansville INJanuary 17, 2013
The department was wonderful. They truly helped me along as I learned the ropes of working in a department. I was only on a one year contract so there was no job security, but the benefits were great and the pay was decent.
Best place and friendly
Student Worker in Multicultural Center (Former Employee) –  Evansville IndianaApril 10, 2014
I love this organization it is the best and most productive place to work. the senior admins and higher managers are helpful in training and always greet with a smile.
Pros
clean, great, nurturing productive working environment.
Cons
n/a
Great School
Freelance Cultural Anthropological Researcher (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN.March 12, 2012
The Institutional Review Board has a lot of experience all around with great management skills for proposals and continuing research. The employers coordinate via email and in person to keep every step of research up-to-date.

4.3