University of Southern Indiana Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work -- faculty and staff are engageing and delightful
Professor Emeritus (Former Employee) –  Romain College of BusinessSeptember 21, 2015
COB faculty and administration are a good fit. Faculty are supportive of one another.
Administrations at the College level is willing to do whatever is necessary to make sure that faculty have what is needed in order to do their research, teach effectively, supervise students, and foster community relationships.
Pros
excellent benefits, and working conditions
Cons
students can become unporoductive at times
Fun Working Enviornment
Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 26, 2016
On a typical day I would first check the mail box to see if their was any filing to do along with customer service and helping students and or others with any questions. Next I would check the printers to see if tray's needed to be filled. After that I would do deliveries around campus, if needed. lastly I would work on spreadsheets for professors, Powerpoints for presentations (if needed) and assist other professors with paperwork, filing, emails and phone calls.

Meanwhile, working and taking care of phone calls and paperwork, it was a very enjoyable job, it was relaxed and everyone was really nice. We had food, work games and gatherings outside of work.
Pros
free food
Cons
Pay and benefits
Forever Grateful for USI
Athletic Communications Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 8, 2016
USI gave me a place to learn new skills and implement them and put them to use in practical ways. USI = Experience! The opportunities available at USI will give you the chance to become your best.
Nice Place to work
Senior Administrative Asisstant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 12, 2016
USI is a pretty nice place to work. The campus is beautiful and the benefits are even better! Would definitely recommend my current position to those who are thoroughly invested in Theatre.
It was fun
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 21, 2016
It was an easy job that didn't require a lot of work. I just had to manage 20 kids and teach them all the basics of swimming while being by myself.
Student Worker
Morning Show DJ (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 16, 2016
I really enjoyed working at USI. I had three jobs total all were great although I felt that for my functional ability I did not receive enough responsibility.
Not bad adjunct position
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 30, 2015
Adjuncting at USI is better than at many schools. Adjuncts have semi-private office space (shared) and a reasonably good amount of interaction with their departments. However, there is no employment security, opportunities for professional development, or avenues for advancement.
University of Southern Indiana
Senior Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 1, 2014
My key responsibilities that I deal with on a daily basis are invoicing, program development, and office needs that revolve around the Connect with Southern Indiana program and Corporate partnerships. My coworkers and management are wonderful and I've learned so much during my first two years as a professional. The most challenging part of this position has been learning to multitask different projects and paperwork that needed to be completed
Pros
benefits, laid back, supportive, growth opportunities
Nice people, paid holidays, overtime opportunity.
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 7, 2015
USI is very secure place to work- life and health insurance, sick and vacation days + free tuition if you want to go school and get your degree. If you have kids under 21 want go to school USI pay 75% off for their education.
Amazing opportunities with supporting faculty
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 30, 2015
Working at USI has presented multiple growth opportunities on a personal and professional level. The staff and faculty at USI are focused on challenging and building employees up with their research and plethora of knowledge.
Great place to teach...
Professor - Liberal Arts (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 14, 2015
The whole process has been relaxed and encouraging. Great support in the liberal arts department. It is a great experience and I would recommend this university to any student or teacher.
Good overall, wish I could have got more than a 1 yr contract
Instructor of History, History Department (Current Employee) –  Evansville INJanuary 17, 2013
The department was wonderful. They truly helped me along as I learned the ropes of working in a department. I was only on a one year contract so there was no job security, but the benefits were great and the pay was decent.
I enjoyed the work environment!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 11, 2015
I worked in Historic New Harmony and it was a great place to work! The staff was friendly and laid back. The office was beautiful! I met many wonderful people,
Strong workplace giving me a feeling of accomplishment.
Accounting Tutor and Student Athlete Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2013
I work as an accounting tutor for all students who may need assistance in accounting. I also am a mentor for new student athletes. I help these athletes get accustomed to the University of Southern Indiana and learn important time management skills. I make sure these students keep good grades, while playing a sport in college. I love knowing that I can help people to accomplish the goals they are striving to acheive.
University of Southern Indiana/Historic New Harmony
Visitor Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 1, 2012
It is a wonderful place to work.
You meet many new people daily in greeting and informing them of the History in New Harmony.
The staff are very passionate in telling the story and promoting the town of New Harmony.
The town's people are very helpful and friendly.
Favorite part is leading the school field trips and teaching them all the subjects while making it fun.
Helping in setting up the special events is fun and then seeing the expressions of the customers when they enter into the event.
Giving that customer a "wow' experience is very inspirational.
Researching the History to learn more in order to tell more on tours.
Pros
great atmosphere. beautiful town. friendly.
Cons
poor wages, weather interfers with tours, businesses are not open as needed.
Fun but stressful workplace
Stage Acts Chair (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 11, 2014
Go down to the office each day to check emails about upcoming artists coming to USI to perform. The co-workers were close friends, and did anything that was asked from the other chairs or Vice presidents, or president. The hardest part of the day was finding someone to bring out the biggest crowd for a certain event. The most enjoyable part of being a chair for the Activities Programming Board was meeting all the performers before the shows, and being able to register for classes early.
Pros
desk at usi to do homework, and checking emails and getting a performance approved.
Cons
the hours, and consent email checking
Disorganized Chaos
Furniture Moving Crew (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 17, 2013
The summer rehab program at USI is a can of worms. There are different aspects to the program. Painting, Cleaning, and Furniture. I was on the furniture crew so our job consisted of heavy moving everyday. The biggest flaw was that the person in charge was confused most of the time and we ended up doing many jobs over because he did not know what he was doing.
Pros
paid breaks, $1000 bonus
Cons
miscommunications with management.
Perfect College Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 11, 2014
Working on campus was perfect and convenient due to living so close. I would assess the dorms and apartments for damages over breaks and at the end of the semesters to bill for any damages.
Pros
close to home at the time
Cons
no advancement
Unorganized
Furniture Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 19, 2013
Work was physically demanding. Standards were too high for pay and overall management for summer rehab program was very unorganized.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
bad management
Great School
Freelance Cultural Anthropological Researcher (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN.March 12, 2012
The Institutional Review Board has a lot of experience all around with great management skills for proposals and continuing research. The employers coordinate via email and in person to keep every step of research up-to-date.

4.3