University of Southern Indiana

University of Southern Indiana Employer Reviews

liked helping students
Study Instructor-Humanities (Former Employee), Evansville, INAugust 12, 2014
was an integral part of helping students learn how to study and be productive. learned to manage my time and show students how to manage study time effectively. mostly worked on my own with little supervision. loved the job, but the pay was low
Decent work place
Custodian (Current Employee), Evansville Indiana 47712May 29, 2014
If you are just looking for something to pay the bills this is for you. If your looking for advancement this is not for you, moving up in the work place here is difficult if non existent.
University of Southern Indiana
Senior Program Assistant (Current Employee), Evansville, INMay 1, 2014
Pros: benefits, laid back, supportive, growth opportunities
My key responsibilities that I deal with on a daily basis are invoicing, program development, and office needs that revolve around the Connect with Southern Indiana program and Corporate partnerships. My coworkers and management are wonderful and I've learned so much during my first two years as a professional. The most challenging part of this position – more... has been learning to multitask different projects and paperwork that needed to be completed – less
Best place and friendly
Student Worker in Multicultural Center (Former Employee), Evansville IndianaApril 10, 2014
Pros: clean, great, nurturing productive working environment.
Cons: n/a
I love this organization it is the best and most productive place to work. the senior admins and higher managers are helpful in training and always greet with a smile.
Nice place to work
Staff Member (Former Employee), Evansville, INMarch 20, 2014
Must of the staff are friendly and helpful and they have a good working environment.
Fun but stressful workplace
Stage Acts Chair (Former Employee), Evansville, INMarch 11, 2014
Pros: desk at usi to do homework, and checking emails and getting a performance approved.
Cons: the hours, and consent email checking
Go down to the office each day to check emails about upcoming artists coming to USI to perform. The co-workers were close friends, and did anything that was asked from the other chairs or Vice presidents, or president. The hardest part of the day was finding someone to bring out the biggest crowd for a certain event. The most enjoyable part of being – more... a chair for the Activities Programming Board was meeting all the performers before the shows, and being able to register for classes early. – less
Growing
Web Developer/ Programmer (Former Employee), Evansville, INMarch 9, 2014
This is a still a growing school and with that comes alot of learning. But over time they will be a wonderful school to be working for.
great office
Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: students
Cons: students
worked with a great group of people in the Reg office. they made work fun and ever changing.
Teaching English
Writing Consultant - Academic Skills, USI (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 18, 2013
Answering student questions through meetings and email, monitoring new consultants, promoting the service in classrooms.
Typical School Job
Student Worker (Former Employee), Evansville, INOctober 9, 2013
This was my job while I was in school, I enjoyed it because my Mother was my boss, and I was able to work flexible hours and still be good in school.
Unorganized
Furniture Crew Member (Former Employee), Evansville, INAugust 19, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: bad management
Work was physically demanding. Standards were too high for pay and overall management for summer rehab program was very unorganized.
Disorganized Chaos
Furniture Moving Crew (Former Employee), Evansville, INJune 17, 2013
Pros: paid breaks, $1000 bonus
Cons: miscommunications with management.
The summer rehab program at USI is a can of worms. There are different aspects to the program. Painting, Cleaning, and Furniture. I was on the furniture crew so our job consisted of heavy moving everyday. The biggest flaw was that the person in charge was confused most of the time and we ended up doing many jobs over because he did not know what he – more... was doing. – less
Awesome leadership skill building opportunity
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee), Evansville, INMay 16, 2013
In my position as an SI Leader, I honed my leadership and interpersonal communication skills by facilitating group study with lower division students. It also gave me the opportunity to work with a variety of people from many different backgrounds.
Good work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Evansville, INMarch 11, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: no opportunity to become a full time employee.
The work environment was excellent. Overall the students were a joy to work with and department chair and staff were all professional and accommodating.
Tutoring students in humanities.
Study Instructor-Humanities (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: students being helped
Cons: no supervison
good job, not good instruction on how it is to be done or follow up during the semester
Good overall, wish I could have got more than a 1 yr contract
Instructor of History, History Department (Current Employee), Evansville INJanuary 17, 2013
The department was wonderful. They truly helped me along as I learned the ropes of working in a department. I was only on a one year contract so there was no job security, but the benefits were great and the pay was decent.
Strong workplace giving me a feeling of accomplishment.
Accounting Tutor and Student Athlete Peer Coach (Current Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2013
I work as an accounting tutor for all students who may need assistance in accounting. I also am a mentor for new student athletes. I help these athletes get accustomed to the University of Southern Indiana and learn important time management skills. I make sure these students keep good grades, while playing a sport in college. I love knowing that I – more... can help people to accomplish the goals they are striving to acheive. – less
Great opportunity for students
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 21, 2012
Pros: added bonuses given to student workers with flexible hours.
Their rehab program is a summer job offered to students to make extra cash during the summer with great pay and added bonuses for performance and attendance.
3rd shift custodian
Custodian (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: environment
Cons: management decisions
People are great, but management makes questionable decisions. Also, management needs to stand behind rules. Some employees receive far too many second chances.
Social workers do so much!
Student Worker (Former Employee), Evansville, INAugust 24, 2012
Pros: meet lots of students.
Cons: no hours.
While working in the social work office, I learned how hard social workers work. While making copies for some of the professors I would read about CPS, missionary work and other situations that social workers were needed in. The most enjoyable part of my job was during class sign-up and I could help guide students on their academic path.