University of Southern Indiana Employee Reviews

Very nice place to work
Outreach and Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville Vanderburgh SchoolsMay 26, 2017
Managing three school-based health centers is a very rewarding job. There is opportunities to form strong community bonds with the school personnel and the students.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Not up to par on salary
Flexible part time employer
Teacher Education, Liberal Arts (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 13, 2017
I worked as an adjunct so can't speak to the culture for full time employment. Everyone I met in the education and liberal arts departments were helpful
Pros
Flexible
N/a
International Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working as an International Student Leader, especially since my degree was in International Studies. I loved working with a diverse group of people and was able to make friends from all over the world.
Growing university in southwestern Indiana
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 15, 2017
Like many colleges and universities, this one is has many job opportunities for adjunct professors but is partial to the full-timers. That being said, it was still a supportive atmosphere and worked with my schedule.
Simple and Helpful position
Health Profession Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 3, 2017
This position deals with helping students and teachers with preparing study materials, tests, and computer issues.The learning resource center is a place where health professions students study and request assistance.
Firendly environment
Adjunct faculty - Anatomy and physiology lab (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 1, 2017
Had a great opportunity interacting with graduate students and
served as a team player. All faculty members are cooperative and good. had successful completion of courses with 100% success in the area. Challenging job as it requires lot of information update and to incorporate into the ongoing syllabus.
Pros
Teacher's appreciation
Cons
cant think off
Great workplace for current students
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 15, 2017
Working for the University of Southern Indiana as a student worker was great. They worked with my school schedule and were observant of finals.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
minimal hours
Productive Workplace that Prepared you for the Real World
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 12, 2017
The science department truly cares about their students and they take initiative of them because they are the future of our scientific breakthroughs. Time management was key and there were always deadlines to meet. The most enjoyable part was when you realized that you truly enjoyed the discovery and had a hunger for learning as much as possible.
Student Worker
Student Worker / Work and Study Student (Current Employee) –  Evansville, IN 47712December 27, 2016
I enjoy this job at USI, it is simple and the director of the program is unbelievably kind. If given the chance I would stay on after my time as a student is over.
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 22, 2016
A great place to work with a friendly atmosphere. Nice employees and management. Probably one of the best jobs I've had.
Pros
occasional free food and events
Great summer job
Cleaning Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 28, 2016
consistent work schedule, work with really nice people, competitive pay, end of season bonus, must have near perfect attendance, paid breaks
Difficult job environment but great perks
Computer Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 16, 2016
I worked with a supervisor and two other men in an office.When someone at the University had a computer problem, they would call our Help Desk. Most days I was assigned tasks from the Help Desk that my supervisor knew I could handle. He had great confidence in my abilities to understand a user's computer problem and to fix it. I was given problems from users that my colleagues did not want to deal with. The hardest part of the job was being the only woman in the department. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping folks. I really miss our faculty and our students.
Pros
University environment, different problems to solve every day
Cons
Being the only woman, long days
Fun working environment
Judge (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 18, 2016
very helpful co-workers. They were prompt in making any arrangements required for my project. They would give high regard for my creativity and any projects that I would design. Trained me on several instruments.
Student
Member (Former Employee) –  University of southern IndianaSeptember 17, 2016
Hard worker.
assists
motivated
fast learner
talking to people
learned a lot about communication skills with clients
come to work on time prepare the clinic. look at the client file.
assess the client need .
Productive and organized
Graduate Assistant - NCAA Compliance (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 3, 2016
Always stayed busy and never a same day. In charge of assisting compliance coordinator in athletics. I enjoy sports so everyday was enjoyable and never a dull moment.
It was fun
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 21, 2016
It was an easy job that didn't require a lot of work. I just had to manage 20 kids and teach them all the basics of swimming while being by myself.
Fun Working Enviornment
Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 26, 2016
On a typical day I would first check the mail box to see if their was any filing to do along with customer service and helping students and or others with any questions. Next I would check the printers to see if tray's needed to be filled. After that I would do deliveries around campus, if needed. lastly I would work on spreadsheets for professors, Powerpoints for presentations (if needed) and assist other professors with paperwork, filing, emails and phone calls.

Meanwhile, working and taking care of phone calls and paperwork, it was a very enjoyable job, it was relaxed and everyone was really nice. We had food, work games and gatherings outside of work.
Pros
free food
Cons
Pay and benefits
Student Worker
Morning Show DJ (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 16, 2016
I really enjoyed working at USI. I had three jobs total all were great although I felt that for my functional ability I did not receive enough responsibility.
Nice Place to work
Senior Administrative Asisstant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 12, 2016
USI is a pretty nice place to work. The campus is beautiful and the benefits are even better! Would definitely recommend my current position to those who are thoroughly invested in Theatre.
Forever Grateful for USI
Athletic Communications Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 8, 2016
USI gave me a place to learn new skills and implement them and put them to use in practical ways. USI = Experience! The opportunities available at USI will give you the chance to become your best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Southern Indiana. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3