University of Southern Indiana Employee Reviews

Best place and friendly
Student Worker in Multicultural Center (Former Employee) –  Evansville IndianaApril 10, 2014
I love this organization it is the best and most productive place to work. the senior admins and higher managers are helpful in training and always greet with a smile.
Pros
Clean, Great, nurturing productive working environment.
Cons
N/A
Nice place to work
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 20, 2014
Must of the staff are friendly and helpful and they have a good working environment.
Fun but stressful workplace
Stage Acts Chair (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 11, 2014
Go down to the office each day to check emails about upcoming artists coming to USI to perform. The co-workers were close friends, and did anything that was asked from the other chairs or Vice presidents, or president. The hardest part of the day was finding someone to bring out the biggest crowd for a certain event. The most enjoyable part of being a chair for the Activities Programming Board was meeting all the performers before the shows, and being able to register for classes early.
Pros
Desk at USI to do homework, and checking emails and getting a performance approved.
Cons
The hours, and consent email checking
Growing
Web Developer/ Programmer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 9, 2014
This is a still a growing school and with that comes alot of learning. But over time they will be a wonderful school to be working for.
great office
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2014
worked with a great group of people in the Reg office. they made work fun and ever changing.
Pros
students
Cons
students
Teaching English
Writing Consultant - Academic Skills, USI (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 18, 2013
Answering student questions through meetings and email, monitoring new consultants, promoting the service in classrooms.
Typical School Job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 9, 2013
This was my job while I was in school, I enjoyed it because my Mother was my boss, and I was able to work flexible hours and still be good in school.
Unorganized
Furniture Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 19, 2013
Work was physically demanding. Standards were too high for pay and overall management for summer rehab program was very unorganized.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
Bad management
Disorganized Chaos
Furniture Moving Crew (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 17, 2013
The summer rehab program at USI is a can of worms. There are different aspects to the program. Painting, Cleaning, and Furniture. I was on the furniture crew so our job consisted of heavy moving everyday. The biggest flaw was that the person in charge was confused most of the time and we ended up doing many jobs over because he did not know what he was doing.
Pros
Paid breaks, $1000 bonus
Cons
Miscommunications with management.
Awesome leadership skill building opportunity
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 16, 2013
In my position as an SI Leader, I honed my leadership and interpersonal communication skills by facilitating group study with lower division students. It also gave me the opportunity to work with a variety of people from many different backgrounds.
Good work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 11, 2013
The work environment was excellent. Overall the students were a joy to work with and department chair and staff were all professional and accommodating.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
no opportunity to become a full time employee.
Tutoring students in humanities.
Study Instructor-Humanities (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 20, 2013
good job, not good instruction on how it is to be done or follow up during the semester
Pros
students being helped
Cons
no supervison
Good overall, wish I could have got more than a 1 yr contract
Instructor of History, History Department (Current Employee) –  Evansville INJanuary 17, 2013
The department was wonderful. They truly helped me along as I learned the ropes of working in a department. I was only on a one year contract so there was no job security, but the benefits were great and the pay was decent.
Strong workplace giving me a feeling of accomplishment.
Accounting Tutor and Student Athlete Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2013
I work as an accounting tutor for all students who may need assistance in accounting. I also am a mentor for new student athletes. I help these athletes get accustomed to the University of Southern Indiana and learn important time management skills. I make sure these students keep good grades, while playing a sport in college. I love knowing that I can help people to accomplish the goals they are striving to acheive.
Great opportunity for students
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 21, 2012
Their rehab program is a summer job offered to students to make extra cash during the summer with great pay and added bonuses for performance and attendance.
Pros
added bonuses given to student workers with flexible hours.
3rd shift custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 23, 2012
People are great, but management makes questionable decisions. Also, management needs to stand behind rules. Some employees receive far too many second chances.
Pros
environment
Cons
management decisions
Social workers do so much!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 24, 2012
While working in the social work office, I learned how hard social workers work. While making copies for some of the professors I would read about CPS, missionary work and other situations that social workers were needed in. The most enjoyable part of my job was during class sign-up and I could help guide students on their academic path.
Pros
meet lots of students.
Cons
no hours.
University of Southern Indiana/Historic New Harmony
Visitor Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 1, 2012
It is a wonderful place to work.
You meet many new people daily in greeting and informing them of the History in New Harmony.
The staff are very passionate in telling the story and promoting the town of New Harmony.
The town's people are very helpful and friendly.
Favorite part is leading the school field trips and teaching them all the subjects while making it fun.
Helping in setting up the special events is fun and then seeing the expressions of the customers when they enter into the event.
Giving that customer a "wow' experience is very inspirational.
Researching the History to learn more in order to tell more on tours.
Pros
great atmosphere. beautiful town. friendly.
Cons
poor wages, weather interfers with tours, businesses are not open as needed.
Great School
Freelance Cultural Anthropological Researcher (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN.March 12, 2012
The Institutional Review Board has a lot of experience all around with great management skills for proposals and continuing research. The employers coordinate via email and in person to keep every step of research up-to-date.

4.3