University of Southern Mississippi Employee Reviews

didnt go
Senior Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Gautier, MSSeptember 12, 2017
good people and nice clean place to work. would go back and stay for for along time. bosses are good and understanding and really care about there employees and there families.
USM Kinesiology
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 19, 2017
Like many public universities, USM faced budget reductions. The kinesiology school was under staffed and had a high turnover rate. There were many quality professors, but many were unhappy there.
Nice environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 14, 2017
Typical day would be to check email, receive employees time sheets, pay some bills, assist department Accountant. Most important part of my job was to do payroll. Didn't work out for the manager who didn't give me enough time to grasp it.
Pros
Pay, benefits, time off
Cons
Being watched all the time by manger
Biology Dept is wonderful
Senior Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 3, 2017
I have enjoyed my employment at USM. I had a fantastic supervisor. The students were hard-working and kept me busy.
Opportunities for taking a class as an employee.
Pros
state benefits are great
Cons
state raises are nonexistent almost
Great job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 17, 2017
Great job as it relates to being off for holidays. The pay could be a little better. The departments are all different environments, but enjoy being off for Thanksgiving and about 9 days for Christmas
Ok
Manager, Leadership and Student Involvement (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time atThe University of Southern Mississippi, I now have skills that can help me in new job that I get for the rest of me life. To The Top.
Fun and awesome work place
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 20, 2017
The payne center is a great place to train at. the employees are great, management is great, really everything is great about the place. Only downside is that they dont really pay enough
Pros
flexible scheduled, great people, great environment
Cons
low pay
n/a
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 2, 2017
This was a wonderful job for my graduate work. I was able to have flexible hours and the people whom I worked with were very warm and inviting. I would certainly recommend this job to anyone.
General Chemistry I Lab Assistant/ Instructor
General Chemistry 1 Lab Instructor & Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, MSMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work would be teaching, grading lab reports and quizzes, setting up and tearing down equipment for experiments, preparing chemicals and reagents, handling chemicals, and working independently in the lab. The hardest part of the job would be having plenty of patience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience I received in the lab. I learned more about chemistry working in the lab more than taking the classes. I had a supervisor, but managed and trained two people to take my place.
Great athletic environment
Assistant to Associate Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Athletic DepartmentMay 13, 2017
My job required many overtime hours during the week and on weekends. The athletic environment was great, but it took a lot of time away from my family.
Fun and Entertaining Learning Experience
Football Secretary/Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 14, 2017
A typical work day in the office is handling all mail, answering phone calls, tending to coaches needs, and preparing for game day. I was able to gain hands on experience in my field of study. My favorite part of the job was being able to see all of the time and effort I put in to make game day's a success!
Busy day of clinical with students
Adjunct Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 4, 2017
A typical day of work began by meeting the clinical groups on the prospective units to make a day of learning necessary skills to become safe, competent future nurses.
Pros
When the students who struggled finally get it
Cons
Low pay
sdanklf
deck (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSMarch 4, 2017
the job was great. team members were good and great company to work for. trips on boat were excellenmt and so was the food. overall i am completely satisfied.
Excellent Place to Work and Grow as a Student and Employee
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 28, 2017
I enjoy both jobs I hold at The University of Southern Mississippi immensely. The University has given me a great opportunity to enrich the minds of fellow students, all the while working towards my degree in Urban Planning, Development and Management. These jobs have helped me with my three E's of development: Education, Equality and Economics.
Pros
Free Printing, Great Work Environment
Cons
N/a
Great Job
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 16, 2017
For a student, this is a perfect place to work. They really work with your schedule as far as classes, and they do understand that you are a student so they stress keeping your grades up before work.
Molecules to Mechanics in 5 days
Composites Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 3, 2017
Work is low stress.
Politics are everywhere.
I have a great boss.
It's by far the best job I have ever had.
The ability to come and go and I wish.
The drive, 75 miles one way.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
The drive to work 75 minutes one way
Why is this required?
Graduate research assistant (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSDecember 20, 2016
Gained valuable experience I hope to utilize in a full time work environment. Everything I would put here you can find on my resume.
fun and hard work
Student Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 12, 2016
University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, Experienced in intercollegiate athletics.
scholarships get a great quality education from a high profi
Pros
Education
Cons
Educational and productive environment with a high optimism level.
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 25, 2016
This job has been very educational and productive. I have the chance to meet students from all over and help them over come their insecurities with mathematics. Everyone in the office is optimistic, ready and willing to make sure the students get the most help they need. My bosses make sure I have anything I need to better assist the students. Also, it is an environment that makes any and everyone feel welcome. At times it can be difficult when students are too shame to seek help but it is a joy helping them understand I am there to help and not judge. I love being able to help someone understand what they have never understood and them coming back to tell me that they have passed the tests and class.
Pros
Free printing
Cons
Can not eat inside the building
Good Felxiable mployer
Senior Practicum (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 7, 2016
I worked part time for this employer. My supervisor was very understanding of the fact that I had classes to attend and was flexible with me about my work hours.

A typical work day for me was that I would arrive in the afternoon, greet my work colleagues and then sit down at my assigned computer and begin working. Things that learned while doing this job was how to correct Metadata.
Pros
Flexiable hours