University of Southern Mississippi

University of Southern Mississippi Employee Reviews

Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJune 16, 2015
Pros: paid tuition, health insurance
I was able to work this part time job and study for my classes at the same time. The job also paid my tuition for the semesters that I worked it. I answered the phone for the School of Accountancy, graded exams, proctored exams, and ran errands for the director and the business manager of the School of Accountancy. I also worked on some projects for Beta Alpha Psi during my time as a graduate assistant. The business manager was the one who I reported to and I was able to go to her with any questions or concerns I had while performing my job. I enjoyed being able to work with other graduate students, as well as help those in the undergraduate accounting program. Helping others helps me learn or remember concepts I may have not understood or forgot about. There really was not anything hard about this job.
Relaxing environment to work in
Work Study (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJune 15, 2015
A typical day for me was very short. I only worked 4 hours a day. They seemed to appreciate the fact that I was a student, and allowed to work as I needed for school. The job allowed me to concentrate more on my education. Although the job didn't really allow for intellectual growth, the management was ready to work with my schedule.
Challenging environent and a great reward.
Manager University Budget Office (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMay 5, 2015
The job was very challenging. A typical workday consisted of resolving budget conflicts and making budget to actual comparisons. Also, various ad hoc reports were prepared as needed by CFO and IHL officials.
Interacting with children
Lab Student (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSApril 11, 2015
I learned how to interact with children better.
I observe children two hours each week for class
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping children learn.
USM
Student Academic Mentor (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMarch 26, 2015
USM has been great to me. The only issue is that the pay is not that great and you are not always guaranteed a job. They treat their employees like royalty though.
Great experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), MicrobiologyMarch 13, 2015
Research and teaching microbiology.
I have learned many skills from planning and time management, creativity and lateral thinking, ability to read and understand people and of course excellent presentation skills.
Manager
LEND Trainee (Former Employee), hattisburg,msFebruary 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time spent. fun times. i really wish i could go back to continue with a phd program. The staff was very helpful.
Very Friendly environment with good communication and cooperation between employees
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Stennis Space Center, MSJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: friendly environment and good work exposure
Cons: low pay scale
- Friendly environment for relaxed exposure to work but fit to time requirement

- Time management and operation of hydrographic survey

- Great management group with great support

- keeping up with the requirement of others or 3rd party

- Very Sociable environment
Great.
Volleyball Camp Leader (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 12, 2014
Each day at camp with focuses on a variety of skills including passing, setting and hitting. We go to go through several drills to help them get hands on experience with the game. Once having gone through the drills and games needed, we divided the girls onto teams to initiate an actual game. The toughest part of the job is being able to find the correct coaching method that works for each girl. Every athlete is different. They each learn by different coaching methods. Coaching is my passion and after each girl that I coach, I learn something different. These girls teach me just as much as I teach them. For me, however, it is so rewarding to get to see these girls become better at something they love and to know that I played a part in that.
Fun
Volunteer Essay Tutor (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 3, 2014
I enjoyed tutoring students that were struggling in courses and state tests. I didn't even mind not being paid because it lightened me up to see the students passing.
Grerat job
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSAugust 20, 2014
Pros: balance work life great pay
Best job I have ever had
Love the people
Management was great
Great place to work!
Adjunct Professor of English (Current Employee), Long Beach, MississippiAugust 15, 2014
Like all public institutions, I wish they paid more and offered benefits to adjuncts.
Great opportunity to learn
Academic Assistant - Office of Gifted Studies (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSAugust 5, 2014
Wonderful staff with remarkable accomplishments. Gave several opportunities to grow; however, the position could be time consuming.
A pretty average Graduate experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant/Instructor and Editor (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJuly 25, 2014
It was a fairly average graduate experience. They treat grad assistants with respect and do not overwork them generally. Class sizes can be large.
great student assistantship
Student Worker (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJuly 16, 2014
very good work environment for a student. They worked with my schedule which allowed me to go to classes and still get my allotted 20 hrs per week. great assistantship program.
Fun place to work got to meet a lot of new people
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), hattiesburg,msJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free internet and tv
Cons: no health benefits
A typical day at work consisted of me clocking in 10mins early and signing in online. I'd clock out 10mins early because the next person would be there at the appropriate time.
Part-time low skill job.
Dining Hall Attendant (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJuly 8, 2014
Pros: easy job to do.
Cons: low pay.
Cleaning tables and vacuuming floors required liitle skill. I enjoyed meet university students from many different parts of the world.
Productive and helpful
911 Telecommunicator (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJune 8, 2014
Pros: lots of laughs
Cons: no breaks at all!
A typical day at work is long and laid back. I've learned a great deal about the campus and the management is pretty good. My co-workers are very understanding if I need to switch days with someone to take care of business. The hardest part of my job is hearing people crying about a certain incident. The most enjoyable will be some of my co workers.
Great place to work with excellent management.
Custodian (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMay 19, 2014
Management did an outstanding job in making sure the workplace was enjoyable. We often had cookouts within the Residence Life department, and tackled every task as a team.
Nice office-style work environment with an open door policy
Associate Forensics Director (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMay 15, 2014
I enjoy working as an administrative assistant: I get to help professors with various tasks, assist in typical office work, and update the website for the program.

1 2 3