University of Southern Mississippi Employee Review

View all University of Southern Mississippi reviews

I love working for the University
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg MsOctober 3, 2013
A typical day at work can be fast paste, but I've learned to satisfy one person at a time. I've learned a lot at the university and I'm still learning how to adjust to different personalities and different needs. My manager and co-workers work together in getting tasks completed that's why I enjoy working with them and around them. The hardest part of my job is trying to please everyone everyday, I've learned that it's impossible to please everyone everyday, so whatever services I render, I do it with a warm smile and gratitude. I enjoy my job because I get the chance to interact with a lot of diverse people and backgrounds. It's fun interacting with them and learning from them. I enjoy the knowledge and encouragement I'm receiving.
Pros
Free classes
Cons
Parking can be challenging

Other University of Southern Mississippi Employee Reviews

Good University and Great Departmetn
Teaching Assistant / Graduate Student Duties (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 3, 2017
The geography department consists of a diverse range of professors with backgrounds as interdisciplinary as the discipline itself covering GIS, RS, Physical and Cultural/ Human geography.
Awesome place to work
Desktop Technician (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSOctober 21, 2017
USM iTech is the best place to work on campus. We have the best manager on campus. The work environment is so relaxed and everyone gets along with one another. It’s a family place to be. We get our work done and have plenty of time to enjoy the day. Good place to learn and advance in knowledge working in networking, Security, desktop support and helpdesk. Also employees can take free classes a semester.
Pros
Good work environment, Advancment, state benefits, free classes, discounts on food.
Cons
Budget cuts, hard to compete with other universities pay.