University of St. Francis Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Student Worker, Call Center (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 12, 2017
It was a very fun place to work. Had great management and they provided me with instructions to improve my skills. I was able to work here to help me pay for school.
Great place to work!
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 5, 2017
Just no money in teaching part time.

Intensive research is critical for class preparation and that is very time consuming. The time commitment eats away at the salary

I loved teaching but it was not a money maker.
Pros
Loved the students.
Cons
Time consumption.
More than a typical privet university.
Coach the fundamental and technical aspects (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 24, 2017
Friendly helpful faculty and staff. Most of the people who work at the University of St. Francis are student centered. They care about the success and advancement of the students. There are individuals that biggest concern is self preservation. Unfortunately these individuals are the ones who make the decisions and turn their backs on the people who try to do the best for the students.
Pros
Hard working staff. Top notch nursing and education programs.
Cons
Total lack of facilities and willingness to invest in the facilities they currently have.
The local was great
Receptionist/CSR (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 9, 2017
The location was great while I was in between jobs. The people where awesome the school had all kind of events. Wish I would hve stayed at the job and went to school for free..
Pros
Cons
Money
Applying somewhere else
Staff (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 19, 2017
It used to be a family like community now it's all business and all about the money. They will micromanage you to an extreme. There is no room for advancement. And budget cuts are constantly happening so you don't have job security and you are under paid. The only benefit is free tuition if you or your child plan to go to school but other schools offer that too. Would recommend looking elsewhere for now.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Management is terrible
Comfortable environment
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 13, 2017
St. Francis had an experienced staff that helped me review and apply what I was learning in school. The players were friendly and trustworthy, which made my job easier.
First job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 21, 2017
This was my job when I was in college and I have to say that I enjoyed working at school. Though it was tough having paychecks on the 15th and end of the month. Would have been better to be every other friday.
Good Place
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 24, 2017
Great co-workers and flexibility, a fun place to work! Really enjoy the ability to work closely with the students and to see them off to graduation!!!
Wonderful atmosphere of co-workers and students.
Student Life Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 15, 2017
The University of St. Francis is a wonderful place to work. Between the great hours, support, and friendly co-workers a work day doesn't go by that you didn't enjoy!
Student Work
Mac Lab Specialist and Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 9, 2016
This job allowed me to further my skills in video and start applying my degree before graduation in May of 2017. Flexible work hours a huge plus.
Maintenance
Maintenance Worker II (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Friendly people but right now I would not apply or work there again due to budget cuts insecurity of your job be prepared to enter a high school like atmosphere. Maintenance and housekeeping stretched very thin expect you through do a lot in a little time do not expect overtime right now do two things going on around campus my suggestion is look for a bigger college. No room to move up. you will be on call from Friday to Friday. And be prepared to be micromanaged. And a lot of work for very little pay.
You're going to have a boss that writes everything down on a whiteboard will be treated like a little kid. They expect you to follow a whiteboard to the T when you don't get stuff done they ask questions on my it is not done and you say I followed the board. Then you will be told you need to prioritize your time better. very short-staffed good guys to work with but watch out for the Snakes in the Grass. Short notice if they need you to stay over poor planning on scheduling be prepared even though it's a maintenance position but to do a lot of setups moving furniture a lot of bull work. To do list get the things you're supposed to get you but you're not able to due to poor planning in the Whiteboard does not allow you time to get things done that you need to get done.
Pros
If you have a child that is ready to go to college free tuition
Cons
Micromanage paper pusher for a boss. Very unprofessional treat you like little children
good
Custodian 2 (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 1, 2016
great people, good benefits,very friendly envirionment, negative very short staffed and way underpaid
benefits
Cons
underpaid
Caring Employer
Sports Information Director (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 14, 2016
USF has been a great place to work. As a smaller college, it's a more closely-knit organization than larger institutions. Employees are treated well.
Great place to gain experience and start a Career
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 8, 2016
Enjoyed my time working here. School was very flexible with fitting around a tough schedule, employees/supervisors were very helpful.
Easy job, not too hard or too strenuous.
Student worker (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 9, 2016
really have liked all my bosses here at USF, they are very friendly and understanding of other things going on in student's lives.
Pros
Can do homework while on the job
Cons
not enough hours
Excellent and flexible position
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 22, 2015
Teaching online and on ground for University of St Francis has given me a great appreciation for students from all religious backgrounds and ages.
Gratifying work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 20, 2015
I teach graduate level courses in the college of Education:
MSED 640-Learners with Mild Disabilities
MSED 644-Identification and Assessment of Special Education Students
MSED 642-Methods and Curriculum in Special Education
MSED 620-Data Driven Decision Making

courses range from 1 week in length to 8 weeks in length. I teach site-based, online, and blended courses.

I enjoy working with adult learners because they are invested in their education. I learn from them, as they learn from me.
Pros
working for and with great people
Cons
travel for site-based cohorts
Productive and fun environment
Video Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 12, 2015
Working for USF has been great. I have learned alot of things that I would not have learned in class. The Professors are helpful and encouraging.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Minimum wage student pay
Great institution!
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Close knit institution with wholesome work ethic. Excellent health benefits and perks for education after 1 year of service.
Family feel work environment, easy-going, yet labor intensive
Student Worker, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 28, 2014
A typical day at work involves set scheduled work task (work orders), assigned to each individual worker.
I learned landscaping, carpentry, and managerial skills in my 3 years of employment.
Co-workers are like your family, vibrant variety of skills and personalities.
Hardest part of the job is working in the blizzards that may occur in Chicago-land winters.
Most enjoyable part of being an employee of the University of St. Francis, is the faculty and students who thank you for your help, without prompt.
Pros
Two 30 minute lunches, free class registration after 1 year of full-time working with University
Cons
Sometimes involve outside labor (winter)