University of St. Francis Employee Reviews

Student Work
Mac Lab Specialist and Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 9, 2016
This job allowed me to further my skills in video and start applying my degree before graduation in May of 2017. Flexible work hours a huge plus.
Maintenance
Maintenance Worker II (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Friendly people but right now I would not apply or work there again due to budget cuts insecurity of your job be prepared to enter a high school like atmosphere. Maintenance and housekeeping stretched very thin expect you through do a lot in a little time do not expect overtime right now do two things going on around campus my suggestion is look for a bigger college. No room to move up. you will be on call from Friday to Friday. And be prepared to be micromanaged. And a lot of work for very little pay.
You're going to have a boss that writes everything down on a whiteboard will be treated like a little kid. They expect you to follow a whiteboard to the T when you don't get stuff done they ask questions on my it is not done and you say I followed the board. Then you will be told you need to prioritize your time better. very short-staffed good guys to work with but watch out for the Snakes in the Grass. Short notice if they need you to stay over poor planning on scheduling be prepared even though it's a maintenance position but to do a lot of setups moving furniture a lot of bull work. To do list get the things you're supposed to get you but you're not able to due to poor planning in the Whiteboard does not allow you time to get things done that you need to get done.
Pros
If you have a child that is ready to go to college free tuition
Cons
Micromanage paper pusher for a boss. Very unprofessional treat you like little children
good
Custodian 2 (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 1, 2016
great people, good benefits,very friendly envirionment, negative very short staffed and way underpaid
benefits
Cons
underpaid
Caring Employer
Sports Information Director (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 14, 2016
USF has been a great place to work. As a smaller college, it's a more closely-knit organization than larger institutions. Employees are treated well.
Great place to gain experience and start a Career
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 8, 2016
Enjoyed my time working here. School was very flexible with fitting around a tough schedule, employees/supervisors were very helpful.
Easy job, not too hard or too strenuous.
Student worker (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 9, 2016
really have liked all my bosses here at USF, they are very friendly and understanding of other things going on in student's lives.
Pros
Can do homework while on the job
Cons
not enough hours
Excellent and flexible position
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 22, 2015
Teaching online and on ground for University of St Francis has given me a great appreciation for students from all religious backgrounds and ages.
Gratifying work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 20, 2015
I teach graduate level courses in the college of Education:
MSED 640-Learners with Mild Disabilities
MSED 644-Identification and Assessment of Special Education Students
MSED 642-Methods and Curriculum in Special Education
MSED 620-Data Driven Decision Making

courses range from 1 week in length to 8 weeks in length. I teach site-based, online, and blended courses.

I enjoy working with adult learners because they are invested in their education. I learn from them, as they learn from me.
Pros
working for and with great people
Cons
travel for site-based cohorts
Productive and fun environment
Video Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 12, 2015
Working for USF has been great. I have learned alot of things that I would not have learned in class. The Professors are helpful and encouraging.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Minimum wage student pay
Great institution!
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Close knit institution with wholesome work ethic. Excellent health benefits and perks for education after 1 year of service.
Family feel work environment, easy-going, yet labor intensive
Student Worker, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 28, 2014
A typical day at work involves set scheduled work task (work orders), assigned to each individual worker.
I learned landscaping, carpentry, and managerial skills in my 3 years of employment.
Co-workers are like your family, vibrant variety of skills and personalities.
Hardest part of the job is working in the blizzards that may occur in Chicago-land winters.
Most enjoyable part of being an employee of the University of St. Francis, is the faculty and students who thank you for your help, without prompt.
Pros
Two 30 minute lunches, free class registration after 1 year of full-time working with University
Cons
Sometimes involve outside labor (winter)
Deadline-driven staff with an atmosphere that nurtures creativity.
Assistant Editor in Chief of The Encounter (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 2, 2014
This job has given me a taste of the proofreading/editing business and I love it. We release one, 42-page news magazine per month. This means that we have somewhat of a routine with meetings, deadlines, etc. From layout design to choosing stories, color choices to the creation of headlines, I love this job. However, the only thing that I find to be extremely challenging is the lack of communication between staff members. Often I am forced to work on the tightest deadlines due to a lack of communication between section editors and their writers. Though this can make my job more stressful than it needs to be, I really enjoy proofreading the content and formatting the text to fit in the layouts.
Had the best time here and learned so much
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 25, 2014
I was responsible for the athletes and any type of file information that the athlete has
I enjoyed talking with students
Telecounselor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 10, 2014
I enjoyed talking with students and enrolling them in school to move on to the next chapter in there life. I gained a lot of experience counseling students. the management was fair and I got along with my co-workers very well.
Pros
Talking with students
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 6, 2014
The University of Saint Francis in Fort Wayne IN. is a very close knit group of professionals that provides an atmosphere for growth.
Adjunct
Adjunct Instructor- NCLEX REVIEW (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 25, 2014
Worked as Adjunct tor review of OB for nursing students prior to NCLEX
Alumni & Parent Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 17, 2014
Wonderful family atmosphere. Great place to work. Have been there many years and is a second family. I highly recommend working here.
Benefits
Cons
none I can think of
Overall
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 16, 2013
I learned many skills and met really nice people including professors.
Cons
Hard to find employment once you are out of school, if you are not currently working or have "connections" on the inside of the hosptials.
Memorable.
Teacher's Aid (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 25, 2013
A typical day consisted of helping children outside of the classroom.
I learned that every classroom will have fast learners,average and some that need more help.
Management interwoven with the teachers.
My co-workers did want to help everyone.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to give more time to the ones that were falling behind considerably.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing that I do make a difference.
Pros
making a difference in the lives of children.
Cons
not enough time on any particular child that was falling behind.
Great Student Work Experiance
Student Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 7, 2013
I really enjoyed working in the Allied health office. It was a great way to earn extra money while attending classes.
Pros
can do homework during downtime
Cons
part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of St. Francis. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3