University of St. Thomas Employee Reviews in United States

Exemplary University
Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2016
I have had nothing but wonderful experiences at St.Thomas. They have excelled in molding and creating a productive student and adult.

A typical day is a day full of classes; however professors are helpful, kind, and work with the students.

I learned how to manage school, work, and personal life.

We have a diverse student body, which allowed me to be exposed to a multitude of perceptions, cultures, faiths, and people.

I have learned to see things as a whole and recognize how many things in life are interconnected. It is a fine liberal arts school that focuses on social justice and preparing their students for the work force, world, and personal identity.
Quiet and Easygoing
Library Tech Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 14, 2016
The work is easy, there is not much going on during a typical day at the university of St. Thomas library, so the job was fairly simple.
Great people
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2016
St. Thomas has been very good to me overall. There is not a lot of room for advancement within any department unless someone quits or you department hop, because it is so small. Some of the hardest working people I have ever laid eyes on work here, including myself. I was given the chance to work in a department that I knew nothing about, and I couldn't have been luckier to have landed in a better department. I have gained a ton of amazing knowledge because they took a chance on me, and I am forever grateful for that. They have provided me with an outstanding education too.
Pros
Great vacation time off during Christmas
Cons
Little to no advancement opportunities, raises heavily depend on enrollment
job after college
Office Administrator - Career & Counseling (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 5, 2016
I liked the job but I didn't love it. I enjoy creative work environments. I love photography, editing and getting the job done!
benefits
Cons
sitting at desk all day
Great Place to Work
Temporary Nursing Success Center (NSC) Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2015
Management was amazing. The university is a real tight knit community and a great place to learn and grow professionally.
Pros
management and students
Cons
not too much coverage for outage
Great school, great job
Student Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 6, 2015
St Thomas was a great school and an employer. Truly enjoyed my time there and learned a lot. Would recommend it to anyone who wants to go there.
poor compensation for the work load
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 5, 2015
I had a niche job that was unfairly compensated. I learned an exceptional amount of practical organic synthesis (as much as a 3rd year graduate student). Unfortunately this is near impossible to explain on a resume without obtaining an interview and actually speaking to another chemist. I would not go back and change anything but hope that in the future UST will understand the level of responsibility this position requires and compensates correctly. This job is stressful, fast paced and dangerous. Supposedly this position has not increased the compensation in accordance with inflation over the last 7 years. JTI is wonderful but UST should treat its employees with more respect (one would imagine they have the $$$).
Pros
learned an exceptional amount as an undergraduate
Excellent Place to Work!
Adjunct Professor - Statistics (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 20, 2015
Excellent!
Very good
Recent position
Nothing else really to say
Is not permitting me to provide stars for the WorkLife Balance.
Interesting atmosphere working for an educational institution.
Java Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 5, 2015
Working in IT at UST there isn't much room for advancement but it is a good place to work. The atmosphere is laid back and the working environment is nice.
Glad I worked there
Alumni Caller (Customer Sales Rep) (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 10, 2015
I wish the hours to work were a bit longer. My experience there gave me a unique set of skills to thrive in practically any fast pace environment. I think quicker on my feet, and I'm able to "flow" in any given situation. First job experience EVER!
Pros
Free Soda, Sudokus, Fun Competitions
Cons
Depends on the Manager
Best place to work
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 10, 2015
Diversity
Benefits
Employee development
Technical opportunities
best chrismas party, summer party, opening day party
good holiday to employee per year
Pros
relaxed phase work place
Cons
locartion/commute
A good place to work
Sr. Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2015
The University of St. Thomas is a good place to work. The biggest perk being that if justified by your supervisor, after 6 months of working in a full-time capacity, the university allows for its employees to go to school there for free.
Pros
Free School, great diverse population
Cons
healthcare costs
Helping fellow students understand atonal theory
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2015
My experience consisted in teaching atonal theory to my fellow students under the supervision of the professor so to get a better understanding of the teaching experience.
Excellent place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 16, 2015
Love the University of St. Thomas. Loved working here. awesome job overall. Supervisors were awesome. Training was great. Facilities were nice. Equipment was great.
Really enjoyable school to attend
CHEM 109 Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 11, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at St.Thomas. Most of the professors were really nice and interested in their students. I was able to obtain a job in a chemistry research lab at school, which is relatively unique for undergrad students.
Best College Around
Treasury Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 14, 2015
The University of St. Thomas is the best college in the entire MIAC, academically and athletically. It's really hard to even think that people would want to go to another school
Pros
great campus
A.W. Jones
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 10, 2015
I started my teaching career out here in Aldine and one thing I can truly say is that if you can teach in this district, you can truly teach anywhere. The professional development truly helps you to learn to teach all types of student learners and from different perspectives.
Good environment with flexible hours.
Lab Consultant/Statistics & Programming Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 28, 2015
Usually there were a couple of us working in the lab at the same time. We had little projects we would always have to do weekly. As well as always being encouraged to learn about new information during the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people who would ask for help with technical issues.
A great place to volunteer as an assistant as an undergraduate student
Psychology Research Assistant & Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 31, 2014
Collaborating with professors and other students to design and run experiments. Meetings with research teams are weekly and hours spent on the research are flexible. Students select what professor they work with and what type of research project they are interested in working on. Grants for traveling and doing research are available for students, but the acceptance rate is only 44%. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching research projects advance and analyzing data.
Pros
leaning about research
Cons
no pay
Productive and great learning hub
Graduate Research Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MinnesotaOctober 9, 2014
Working at University of St. Thomas had been a great experience, the place of work has very open culture which leads to productive ideas. There are challenges of understanding different requirements though it is the most enjoyable part as the environment is very coherent. Its a great place to work and grow as human being.

4.2