University of St. Thomas Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Student Caller (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 19, 2017
This is a great place to work. The managers care about what the workers do, and do everything they can to make sure that everyone can be improved. It is a very relaxed environment, but also requires work to get done.
Fun environment, very flexible
Computer Aide (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 5, 2017
Student computer aide for the School of Engineering
Typically would work 2-3 times a week depending on class schedule and work 4-10 hours for that week depending on how much was needed of me. Everyday received a list of jobs to complete from manager and then completed as much as time allowed.
Pros
Flexibility, Independancy, learning on the job
Productive and efficient workplace, with good company culture.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 31, 2017
The team of employees in generally made up of college students ages 18-23. Since we are all enrolled at the same university and around the same age, we all have similar mentalities. It is easy to get along with everyone and have fun while working. Our boss encourages us to be friends and socialize, while at the same time maintaining a productive work environment. If you ask to try something new and gain new skills, management and other employees are readily willing to teach you. Members of management are very approachable and willing to accommodate you, within reason.
A typical day at work consists of preparing and cooking food in the campus restaurant. I have learned many skills in cooking, people skills, time management, etc.
Pros
One free meal while working.
Relaxed yet challenging work place
Information Technology Systems Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 31, 2017
Provided technical support and troubleshooting to University of St. Thomas faculty, staff, and students as well as delivered on-site technical set-up, assistance, and tear down for various St. Thomas events.
Great for full time employees
Instructor/Adjunct Professor of Statistics (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 1, 2017
This is a great place to work for if you are a full time employee but less so if you work as an adjunct.
At the department I worked at, adjuncts were looked down on, but were expected to devote their time fully to the students. Respond to students' emails at all hours of the day.
Compensation is pretty good compared to other higher education institutions.
Pros
Office space, campus
Cons
culture
Great Place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 30, 2017
University of St. Thomas is a great place to work at because it provides an amazing atmosphere filled with friendly people and a great culture that surrounds you.
Productive and fun working environment
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Love the team atmosphere! Colleagues are great and the energy at the university is remarkable! I was accepted with open arms and everyone does a great job of making you feel welcomed.
Highly Recommended
International Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Small Business Development CenterJanuary 6, 2017
Great learning environment. The professors and staff are wonderful and push their students to do well. Everyone is there to learn and wants to work hard.
Nice Culture with Excellent Learning Opportunities
Oracle/Lab Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 25, 2016
I am working 20hrs/week as a Oracle/ Lab consultant. I am helping Graduate/ UnderGraduate students to learn Oracle along with some other software i.e. Tableau, SAS. Help them to get their doubts solved in assignments.
Great Campus
statistician supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 12, 2016
We would leave for the rink hour or so before the game starts with all of the equipment. Making sure to have the laptop, printer, and online wifi connector so we can live stream for our fans.
Pros
got to see many great games
Cons
weekend nights were usually when the games where
Job review
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 24, 2016
Overall the department team moral is very low. There is minimal oppurtunity for advancement. The management team is unable to work together & often but heads with each other. Overall this position is just a stepping stone for many officers. Would recommend another department.
Pros
Free tution
Cons
Management & constant schedule changes
very inspiring , productive and fun place to work in
Lab Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 17, 2016
Graduate programs in software , UST is very inspiring , productive and fun place to work in. I thank God i was given the opportunity to work in this wonderful place. Working with staff and students was quite an awesome experience for me
Campus Store
Assistant Course Material Buyer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 15, 2016
-comfortable work environment
-understanding and relatable management
-great benefits including time off, advancing education among others
-chance to work towards a great mission which is St. Thomas
Good Summer Job
Ireland Residence Hall Evening Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  University of St. ThomasNovember 4, 2016
Great job for college students. Pay is very good and work isn't to bad. Employees are friendly and willing to help train new people. Overall good experience.
Many talented colleagues
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2016
Interesting faith based university with excellent opportunities for a diverse student population. Many challenges offered through fantastic study abroad programs.
For a student work place it was great
Technical Assistant / Technology Services (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 20, 2016
I worked there as a student and continued to work there for over a semester after.

The balance between work and school was great.

I also learned great communication skills from working there.
Wonderful Working Environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2016
I enjoyed working at the University. I learned a lot and developed skills that will definitely come in handy for future employment.
St. Thomas
Executive Education Registrar (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 11, 2016
Great place to work. St. Thomas is really committed to its employees and their well-being. The new president of the university has done a lot to increase the school's reputation and standing.
Nice workplace with benefits to study
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2016
The University of St. Thomas is a nice very relaxed place to work and even thought doesn't compensate you well with good salary, it gives you benefits to study for free at the University which is very very helpful. I have found friends and a family here at UST.
Enjoyed daily routine
Mail Distribution Clerk for Campus Service Center (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 5, 2016
Typical day includes delivering mail and packages two times a day.
Supervising student workers.
Working at counter.
Answering phones.
Most enjoyable part of job is interacting with students, faculty and staff on a daily basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of St. Thomas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3