University of Tampa Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2017
While working as a RA at the University of Tampa, I worked with many other RAs. My immediate staff I worked with was wonderful, as well as the extended RAs in other buildings. Always able to depend on great ideas, advice, or help from fellow coworkers. The department as a whole was also wonderful.
dont work here
PC Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 16, 2017
 Lead Y2K team of 8 employees to perform updates on 500 faculty and staff workstations.
 Supervised student staff on hardware repair and setup including network cards, printers, and remote connections.
 Supported network administrator, completed trouble tickets and repairing down computers/servers. Dealt with desktops by Dell, Compaq, Gateway, and Compaq laptops.
 Coordinated support staff in charge of 3,000 student computers to assist in network difficulties.
Great atmosphere and management
BACCALAURATE MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLSeptember 26, 2017
Very pleased overall as the job was easy going and the people I worked with and for were very friendly and helpful. There was no conflict with balancing work and school and I would highly recommend this position.
A Happy Bubble
Graduate Mentor and Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 23, 2017
A great campus that is growing continuously offering constant new opportunities for development and growth. Also you get free tuition which is a massive benefit
Pros
Free Tuition, Good Healthcare, Family Friendly
Cons
Lower Salary than Corporate
Friendly and fun work place
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 8, 2017
Fun working environment team work The managers and leads supervisor are great they are very lenient with the workers but dor my experience I feel like I should be getting paid more
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Good Place to Work
Ecological Physiology Lab Mentor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2017
Interpreted complex scientific concepts for students with various learning abilities and diverse cultural backgrounds. Developed personalized action plans based on individual student needs. Participated in leadership and mentor training workshops to increase effectiveness as a peer tutor.
Great experience
Caller / Phonathon (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2017
I learned great communication skills. I would call alumni and ask for donations for the school and explain what they were for. I would update them on any new or upcoming construction or events at the school.
University of Tampa Internship
Strength and Conditioning Internship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2017
The strength and conditioning personnel are excellent and motivated to accomplish a win for every team they train. Each training session is specifically designed to maximize the result and result in a superior divisional ranking.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Review
Adjunct Professor of Sociology (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2017
UT is a great university to work for. It was my first teaching job. I learned how to effectively engage my class and create contexts in which they understand the material .
Pros
Great staff
Cons
no benefits
Good overall experience
Director of Studio Programming (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2017
I was able to I work in a collegial manner and ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff and parents; experience and demonstrated success in teaching 9th – 12th grade students; mastery of creative and diverse methods of teaching, learning and assessment; engaging, innovative approach to teaching and the ability to nurture artistic expression meaningful and relevant by inspiring students in a positive, nurturing environment.
Pros
Creative job description
Cons
pay
Relaxing professional environment to gain lab experience
Biological Unity/ Diversity Lab Mentor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2017
Typical day included prepping labs and organizing supply cabinets, reading protocol for that weeks lab and preparing chemical solutions if they were used that week.
UT over all is a good place to work
Part-Time English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
UT is a great place to work, but part-time faculty have no job security. Also, although UT pays its part time faculty more than most schools in the area, it still pays too little, considering that it requires graduate degrees of all faculty, both part time and full time.
Fun job
Admissions Counselor - Nursing Program (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 2, 2017
It was a great experience working for a competitive University in a beautiful setting.
The faculty, staff and students were a pleasure to work with. It was an interesting experience as I was new to the Tampa area. It gave me a lot of pride to work with such a great place.
Fun and productive
Conduct Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 19, 2017
Since my first day, I always had something to do, it could range from the smallest tasks to the largest one. I learned at a lot and made a lot of good connections
Pros
I was able to learn
Cons
Unpaid
Good place to work and good for experience
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2017
I was just an adjunct but wasn't a bad place to work. It's definietelly good to be an adjunct instructor especially if you are a nurse practitioner student. Great feather on the hat but also very good reinforcer of knowledge.
simple
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2017
I do not do too much, just make sure the printers have paper and ink really and help people print things out. it is a fairly simple job it is for college students after all.
work place is great
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 11, 2017
Great place to work. Very welcoming staff and campus environment is great. There is opportunity for tenure and to earn other positions within the institution.
stressful high octane not enough man power
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2017
on any typical day you had more work than you can handle
not enough staff to pitch in so you gotta do it all
time lines had to be met
so it was stressful but a jobs a job
Pros
nothing special
Cons
7 days a week not enough sleep or money
Eh.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2017
I'm a student employee. Working, going to school and working for the school are incredibly difficult. As a resident assistant, I live where I work, and that is rather difficult. It is hard to strike a balance when you live where you work.
Producted but not fun.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 23, 2017
I rather not say,or make any comment about USF every one is different. some people enjoy working and some don't. to me you all are trying to make people talk even though they do not want to. like I said early i rather not comment.