University of Tampa Employee Reviews

Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 28, 2015
Every person can benefit from time working in an office setting. I enjoyed my time, and I learned a lot. I had an awesome supervisor who was a wonderful teacher. The staff was patient with students who were learning the job. I received experience in answering phones, data entry, and filing. I don't regret a minute of it.
A great place to get stuck.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 8, 2015
Pros: The hours
Cons: The students
It is a community college, with little room for advancement. Most of the folks hired to work here are temporary positions, and the entrenched majority of faculty see no reason to change that. There is decidedly a "good ole boys" club that runs things. If you don't fit in with them, start looking for another job. Everyone is very professional, though. And the benefits were nice.
had a blast
SPARTAN BAND DRUM LINE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 25, 2015
I want to teach college and this was my first experience and I really enjoyed the interaction with students who want to become musicians and teachers.
most of the officers are from new york and their is a clic" going on , most supervisors have their own agenda
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 19, 2015
Pros: benefits and vacation time off
Cons: workplace harassment
Myself and other officers experienced work place harassment and University tends to brush problems under the the rug so to hide or cover them up. There is some serious internals issues going on.
Productive and fun place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), tampaJanuary 25, 2015
A learning and fun environment.Worked directly under a professor assisting in his research works.
Desk assistant.
University of Tampa, Residence hall desk attendent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: flexible with school
Cons: nothing
As a desk assistant I was responsible for having a key to the office, keeping track of office supplies, and recreational items such as games or cookware, as it was checked out to residents of the dorm.
I liked the hours as well as getting to talk to the residents when they needed assistants with various things.
college
Photography lab assistant (Current Employee), tampa flJanuary 2, 2015
working in the photography lab is great. Mixing chemicals for the film process is the hardest task required of lab assistants
Review UT
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 31, 2014
Pros: flexible, respectful
Cons: too small
It's very competitive but in a good way. I have lots of advisers and friends who are helpful. I learn a lot about writing and business. I also learn about life. My schedule is flexible. I enjoy my flexibility the most
An excellent learning environment for students and faculty
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2014
Pros: faculty, staff. students, campus.
Cons: unlikely i will be able to secure full time employment!
The staff and faculty at the University of Tampa are a perfect example of what higher education should look like. The campus is technologically advanced and all tools to teach are available.

I thoroughly enjoy teaching and interacting with the students. I am fully supported by the staff and faculty, even as an Adjunct.
Flexible hours, Excellent work culture
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2014
The management is really supportive in planning the project tasks and scheduling work according to my academic schedule with flexible work hours
The university as a hole is great
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
I enjoyed my time working there, while my office was not that much fun....the overall culture was.
Cafe
Cook (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2014
Good place to start in the cooking feild. They have all types of cooking stations.
Great place to be, if you are already tenured.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2014
Though going through many changes, the school does not recognize new potential. It is difficult to get change accepted in this environment.
Productive and Great Place to Work!
Dispatcher/Office Assistant I (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2014
Receive and log all incoming calls and provide assistance to the caller, or refer to appropriate level of support. Monitor 2-way radio and provide campus safety and facilities support as needed. Monitor and coordinate emergency dispatch activity. Assign parking permits to students, faculty/staff and visitors. Communicate effectively regarding accidents, incidents, safety concerns, emergency events and contacting EMS and non-emergency calls. Maintain security and confidentiality of all files and office equipment. Assist with all other areas of daily dispatch and clerical functions.
Fundraising
Strategic Management (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 19, 2014
-Was a good job for a college student.
-Was challenging
-Was only for 3 months
Great Work Place for a College Student
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 15, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: not many hours
A typical day at work consists of checking the duty logs, renting out supplies to students, helping them with any questions or concerns they may have. If anything goes wrong I know the right people to help to call i.e. security and maintenance. I learned how to balance work and school. My co-workers and I all got along, we helped each other and we have great communication between shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Good place to work. Top notch athletic program
Primary broadcaster (Current Employee), Tampa, FlaMarch 5, 2014
Pros: good teams
Enjoy broadcasting U of Tampa sports. Teams are very competitive and it is nice to provide audio and video of the games.
Productive and gained a lot of uselful experience
Reporter (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2014
Every Monday, everyone at The Minaret got together to discuss possible stories for every section of the newspaper. After a while, the different sections would split up and assign articles. Everybody was always very helpful and forthcoming. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the finished copy of the weekly paper.
Good
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2013
Reasonable and understanding, comfortable place to work..
Amazing Experience
Senior Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 3, 2013
I was the senior payroll coordinator for student workers in the IT department. I had a lot of tasks from day to day. Besides managing payroll for about 100 students each semester, I kept track of their paperwork and schedules. I worked with one other student and then our immediate supervisor. We managed email and communication with all the students, other supervisors, and on campus departments. I scheduled and attended meetings and interviews. We were available to step in when needed at the front desk or various other jobs. We acted as the backbone and constant in the department with one of the most student employees on campus. I loved every co worker I had and my supervisor was wonderful - I couldn't have asked for a better work experience during college.