University of Tampa Employee Reviews

Armed Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Great place to work most coworkers are exmilitary or ex law enforcement students will keep you busy. Handle different types of calls like drunk and disorderly or helping the students with any safety issues
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
You start out on the midnight shift
Its was a nice place too work i was able to meet alot of students
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  CaferteriaJanuary 31, 2017
It was a. Nice place to work at i really enjoyed my job i was able to meet alot of stidents and meet some of the faculty and people
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short breaks
Ut
Resident Hall Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2017
Bachelor of Arts in Government and World Affairs A four-year university with a College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and a College of Business offer over 60 fields of undergraduate study and pre-professional ...
Love it
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 24, 2017
My first college job and I loves it! The employees were welcoming and willing to help me learn the ropes. They were happy to help answer any questions I had on the job and were willing to handle things I wasn't comfortable with until I was ready
Fun work place,good paying job,you get to work with nice students from all over the world,staff is very uplifting
Cashier,cook,preper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Working at the University OF Tampa was a great experience. The managers bosses and co workers were very uplifting. Everyone worked together hard as a team
Pros
Free meals on break
Cons
Short breaks
Overall
Skills Lab and Simulation Director (Current Employee) –  NursingDecember 8, 2016
Great place to work, friendly, supportive of family, helpful in learning, student support services are great. Co workers are great and supportive. Flexible hours, work with FNP practice, allowed to be yourself.
benefits
Cons
drive to tampa
Not enough employees per shift
Cook lll (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2016
This is one of the worst environments for people looking to advance in their career. When you want a transfer because of poorworking conditions, or to relocate management will not give it to you
Pros
My work schedule
Cons
Management is not professional
Work Study
Organic Chemistry Research Student (elected) (Former Employee) –  University of Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2016
This was an excellent opportunity to learn about lab techniques and push as a student. There are excellent advisors at the university that allow you to choose what interests you.
Great Atmosphere
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 26, 2016
Great place to work, the offices that are not involved with enrollment are super relaxed and mostly drama free. The hardest part of the job was finding a work life balance because being in financial aid there was a lot of evening and weekend events that were required attendence.
Pros
beautiful campus, fun atmosphere, great time off
Cons
helicopter parents
Excellent Academic Environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2016
Surrounded by a like-minded set of individuals who challenged me to work hard in the classroom and learn about the world.
Student Affairs needs improvement
NA (Former Employee) –  Main campusJuly 27, 2016
I worked in Student Affairs under the current leadership. The environment was very political and the Dean of Students did not understand the roles under her umbrella. Her team was just as ignorant and unprofessional. The expectations on staff members were not realistic. It was a very tense work environment where everyone smiled in public and cried in private. I would not recommend it at all.
Pros
Beautiful campus, Exceptional academic programs
Cons
Under-educated leadership, lack of support for professionals in entry-level positions
Fun to work in this place.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2016
Fun to work in this place. As a graduate assistant, you can expect a lot of research work. The professors and my supervisors have high expectations. However, half of your tuition fee will be waived off.
Productive and fun workplace
Lead Student IT Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 24, 2016
I was able to advance quickly throughout my time there, there was also promise for more but my position at the time was dependent on my enrollment as a student.
Best undergraduate experience I could have asked for
Laboratory Experience (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2016
I lived on campus for three years and loved the environment. Coming from New England I felt very safe and at home at UT. The faculty and services provided throughout my four years were phenomenal.
Fun and exciting experience
Biology Department Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 16, 2016
The UT staff are wonderful people!! Thoroughly enjoyed brushing elbows with professors and researchers alike. Fast paced and never a dull moment. Tasks were always different and provided opportunity for experience.
Pros
Working with professors
Cons
Pay
Good place to work as a student
Economics and Accounting Tutor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2016
Working as a student is usually difficult, but University of Tampa is staffed by managers who understand that education comes first. Working as a tutor is varying in difficulty depending on what subjects you tutor.
N/a
Osceola County Clerk of Courts (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 1, 2016
It is a good company to work for. Osceola county Clerk of Courts is a great place. I give out tickets to the public to all areas of the courthouse.
Calm and Intriguing
Library Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2016
While not the easiest place to ascend in ranks, the atmosphere was always nice, and the people enjoyable to work with. There was always so much that I could get to learn from the students that came to the campus as there was in the library that I worked in.

If you get the chance to, I would wholly suggest nabbing a job at the University of Tampa, as the benefit of paid-for classes of your choice is one that should not be overlooked.
Pros
Moderate pace, free classes, nice coworkers
Cons
Difficult ascension, low raises
Challenging and interesting workplace
Student Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 11, 2016
Supervised a large staff of fellow college students - enjoyed working for Residence Life and learning the intricacies of office work
Nice
IT Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2016
Nice and convenient place to work, especially as a student. I would recommend it to other undergraduates and graduates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Tampa. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3