University of Tennessee Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Unit Secretary for 20 bed Intensive Care Unit
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37920July 5, 2016
My job Include computer skills, multi phone lines, assisting medical professionals, and the skills listed above. Oct.1997- Oct. 1999 I worked in the transport services which assisted patients to other departments for various testing and procedures. Customer Service was one of my strengths. The RN's and I had the best relationship, we were like family.
Pros
Learning
I loved working here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJune 22, 2016
University of Tennessee hospital was one of my favorite jobs, I started out as a housekeeper and worked my way to a supervisor in 6 months. It was long hours but I was assigned to the emergency department and they are the only trauma hospital closest to surrounding counties. I saw a lot working there but what touched me the most is how well they took care of the patients!!!
Pros
Very Educational
Cons
Busy, fast-paced emergency and trauma center
RN (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 15, 2016
A modern teaching facility on the forefront of medicine. My co-workers were appreciative of my experience and skill set. It was a wonderful place of teaching and learning. The staffing ratios were not ideal. Twelve-hour shifts grew increasingly exhausting, with little empathy from upper management.
Pros
Professional staff
Cons
Patient workload unreasonable at times
Amiable Patients and Hospital Staff
Radiology, MRI, PET, CT Intern (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 25, 2016
Worked full-time at the University of Tennessee Medical Center during my undergraduate years at the University of TN. Work hours usually began daily at 3:00 admitting patients for MRI, PET, CT and other Radiology procedures, helped patients fill out questionaires, dress for procedure, place patient inside scanner, cleaning duties, developing radiographs
Pros
Community Fellowship
Cons
Long Hours
awesome place to work
Feed patients or assist patents to eat or drink (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 6, 2016
great hospital best in the world so much fun to work there. so many things to learn and great people to learn them from! always growing and expanding the knowledge
Enjoyed meeting different people
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 10, 2016
Review breakfast orders, build trays to specifications. Obtain remaining daily meal orders. Deliver trays to correct patients.
Not what you would expect
Employee (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 20, 2016
Management is too busy trying to make themselves look good. The perfect place to go to be passed over because someone knew someone.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Out of touch management
not a professional environment to work in
Food Services (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 26, 2016
Needed better management. Was not a professional work environment. Management almost non existent when it came to work. They never pulled their weigh, always disappeared when it came time to work.
Pros
good hours
Cons
pay and management bad
Great training
Monitor Technician/ HUC (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 3, 2015
I got hired in at UT full time days 3/2 split. I was trained as a HUC/Monitor Tech but after my training I was told I was being placed in the float pool because another MT from night shift took my position. UT is a teaching hospital so they trained me very well but I wasn't happy with the way I was just placed in the float pool. I reached out to mgt plenty of times and was given the run around. I ended up having to quit within my 90 days to find another job
Cons
pay, 12 hour days
I worked 7a to 7p on a 2-3 day split and every other weekend. Very busy place all day. I learned about the imposrtance of coding and EMTALA laws.
Staff Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  Knoxville TnOctober 4, 2015
Professional atmosphere for patient placement to the hospital and placing in correct status for adission. Constant phone line and computer use. My colleagues all within cubicles and working individually. I began the at the bottom or the beginning of the creation of this area and navigated with others in the department to develop profesional work atmosphere and compliance with the paper work and coding of services on the front end of the patients admission to the hospital. Also talked with doctors and their offices for direct admission to the hospital. Also dealth with the air service for transfer of patients from other facilities as well as onscene admissions. It was a rewarding job but very stressful. I did this for 10 years and the area began an 8 hour a day job and grew in the open 24 hours as a day. It became an area with high turn over of employees. Before working in patient placement I was a staff nurse at UT Hospital both in the acute care area for 2 years and then I transferred to CCU and worked in the units for 12 years. I transferred to the call center within UT for 1 year. In the call center I answered for OBGYN, Pediatric and Internal Medicine doctor offices.
Pros
still a patient advocate
Cons
difficult area to have a lunch or even a break not; enough employees to relieve for
Okay job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 30, 2015
The shifts are very long and the split shifts are very hard to get used to especially when your manager switches your schedule around all the time. the cafeteria is expensive so make sure you bring your own lunch.
Monitor Techinician
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 17, 2015
I clock in at 6:38 , get report from the other Monitor Techinician , run my strips at 7: 00 p.m , and report abnormal rhythm to the Nurse if that patient have any abnormal rhythm change.
Pros
Great Benefit
Cons
under staff
Wonderful facility, but administration leadership is weak
Database Analyst, Development Office (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 25, 2015
This facility has a heart for excellent patient care and it is top notch, however leadership is quite dictatorial and no room for other ideas. Most days are long - almost always nine or more hours - with very little commendation for a job well done.
Great place to work with great benefits
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 11, 2015
This place was a great place to work and they offer great benefits. The staff was usually nice and easy to work with. Patients are great to work with and very appreciative.
Pros
great benefits, discount on lunch
Cons
pay could be better
Good place to start a career and gain experience.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 21, 2015
UTMC is a great place to learn when fresh out of school in any career field. The employees make the difference. Management is frustrating and there are limited opportunities for advancement outside of nursing.
great work environment
PTA (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 31, 2015
great work environment. Good interdisciplinary communication and collaboration. Poor advancement/growth opportunities if not an RN. Great learning experience and ability to help others.
Driven and determined
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 19, 2014
The University of Tennessee Medical Center is driven and determined to be the forefront of medical technology and patient care in the United States. I treasured the opportunity for working for such a professional group of dedicated staff members.
Really great learning environment!
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 24, 2014
UTMCK has been a wonderful place to work. I was hired as a new graduate and have learned more here than I could ever have anticipated.
Pros
compensation/benefits includes tuition reimbursement
Cons
not always getting a lunch break
management doesn't know what they are doing
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 9, 2014
good place to gain experience.
benefits not too good
management doesn't have any clinical experience so they have no idea what is practicle in the clinical setting.
I loved the spirit of teamwork and professionalism present in the OR
employee (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 22, 2014
I loved the spirit of teamwork and professionalism that was present in the OR at UTMCK

University of Tennessee Medical Center Reviews by Location