University of Tennessee Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to gain experience in the medical industry.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 16, 2017
Worked here for years prior to the birth of my daughter. I had no complaints! The staff worked as a team, and it was an opportunity to gain a lot of knowledge about a variety of medical issues.
great place to work
CST Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 14, 2017
I love my job at UT. Great place to work.
staff is friendly
scheduling is great
I love working 12 hr shifts
very diversified workplace
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the sweet babies
Pros
Great Dr to work with
Cons
Not any room for advancement
co-workers are dedicated, care is the best in the Knoxville area
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 4, 2017
encouraged to further education but not always compensated for it
teamwork is a part of the culture
institution strives to be the best in the area and often achieves it
evidenced based care is carried out throughout the institution
team members are caring and hardworking
Pros
Love the institution as I have spent my career there, team members are the best in Knoxville area, career life balance is comparative to most in the area, benefits are exceptional
Cons
staff not adequate to take care of all the responsibilities of the job, not enough support staff to effectively meet needs of patients
Utmck
Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 29, 2017
I absolutely loved my co-workers. I had the greatest experience. UTMCK is a institution that prides itself on being the best in the region.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
no incentive to become CT, PET certified
Not Flexible
Transport Attendant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 17, 2017
I worked over a summer as a transport attendant at the hospital. I enjoyed transporting patients, but it was very difficult to find a schedule that worked for me, which is why I had to leave. Being a full-time student as well, my supervisor would not change my hours to fit my class schedule.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 7, 2017
This is a highly recommended place to study, and work if you can get a chance. it has professional services that will show you how to work as a volunteer there and the staff is very friendly and collaborative.
Great learning experience
RN/Staff Nurse/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 7, 2017
If you want ALL of the experience you could POSSIBLY get, this is the place to work. You never know what type of patient you will care for. I would not change having worked here. I feel I can go ANYWHERE and be an effective care giver and be up for any challenge.
Horrible place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Downstairs kitchenDecember 5, 2016
The management down stairs in the kitchen does not care about how their employees are treated. The supervisors are the laziest workers and get the highest raises. Too much drama and gossip going around that you would think you're back in high school. Oh, and don't get hurt on the job or they will think you're just trying to get out of work and make you do even more work. The only perks is the insurance... it's great. In fact, that's why I stayed for 3 long years...until I couldn't take it anymore. So if you need great insurance and don't care about working like a dog and working over your hours then apply.
Pros
Free lunch, great insurance
Cons
Managment, workmens comp, drama
Fun work environment, takes care of nursing staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 2, 2016
Due to being a magnet hospital nurses were highly respected and considered in all decisions being made. The work environment allowed nurses to grow in experience and practice and provided an exceptional level of autonomy.
not a good place to work!
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 25, 2016
Was there as my first Surgical Tech job.....the nurses are rude and crude,the or manager was the worst person ive ever met....the money they pay you isnt worth it and you'd think Tennesseans are wonderful people! Most of us ARE but the people at utmc are THE WORST dont apply!!!
Pros
Cons
everything
good stable job
Demolition Worker and clean up (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 13, 2016
consists in doing regular requirements, bluffing and stripping floors, cleaning bathrooms. mopping hallways etc, general cleaning and the willingness to complete assigned duties.
Unit Secretary for 20 bed Intensive Care Unit
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37920July 5, 2016
My job Include computer skills, multi phone lines, assisting medical professionals, and the skills listed above. Oct.1997- Oct. 1999 I worked in the transport services which assisted patients to other departments for various testing and procedures. Customer Service was one of my strengths. The RN's and I had the best relationship, we were like family.
Pros
Learning
I loved working here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJune 22, 2016
University of Tennessee hospital was one of my favorite jobs, I started out as a housekeeper and worked my way to a supervisor in 6 months. It was long hours but I was assigned to the emergency department and they are the only trauma hospital closest to surrounding counties. I saw a lot working there but what touched me the most is how well they took care of the patients!!!
Pros
Very Educational
Cons
Busy, fast-paced emergency and trauma center
RN (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 15, 2016
A modern teaching facility on the forefront of medicine. My co-workers were appreciative of my experience and skill set. It was a wonderful place of teaching and learning. The staffing ratios were not ideal. Twelve-hour shifts grew increasingly exhausting, with little empathy from upper management.
Pros
Professional staff
Cons
Patient workload unreasonable at times
Amiable Patients and Hospital Staff
Radiology, MRI, PET, CT Intern (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 25, 2016
Worked full-time at the University of Tennessee Medical Center during my undergraduate years at the University of TN. Work hours usually began daily at 3:00 admitting patients for MRI, PET, CT and other Radiology procedures, helped patients fill out questionaires, dress for procedure, place patient inside scanner, cleaning duties, developing radiographs
Pros
Community Fellowship
Cons
Long Hours
awesome place to work
Feed patients or assist patents to eat or drink (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 6, 2016
great hospital best in the world so much fun to work there. so many things to learn and great people to learn them from! always growing and expanding the knowledge
Enjoyed meeting different people
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 10, 2016
Review breakfast orders, build trays to specifications. Obtain remaining daily meal orders. Deliver trays to correct patients.
Not what you would expect
Employee (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 20, 2016
Management is too busy trying to make themselves look good. The perfect place to go to be passed over because someone knew someone.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Out of touch management
not a professional environment to work in
Food Services (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 26, 2016
Needed better management. Was not a professional work environment. Management almost non existent when it came to work. They never pulled their weigh, always disappeared when it came time to work.
Pros
good hours
Cons
pay and management bad
Great training
Monitor Technician/ HUC (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 3, 2015
I got hired in at UT full time days 3/2 split. I was trained as a HUC/Monitor Tech but after my training I was told I was being placed in the float pool because another MT from night shift took my position. UT is a teaching hospital so they trained me very well but I wasn't happy with the way I was just placed in the float pool. I reached out to mgt plenty of times and was given the run around. I ended up having to quit within my 90 days to find another job
Cons
pay, 12 hour days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Tennessee Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Tennessee Medical Center Reviews by Location