University of Tennessee Employee Reviews

A very fun place to work with an excellent work environment
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNOctober 8, 2017
An excellent work environment with great coworkers. This was a seasonal job and a great experience for a student. This job was mainly about safety and never letting your eye off the pool.
Pros
great work schedules
Cons
No benefits, moved stations instead of a break
Good Place to work
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 7, 2017
Great opportunity for part-time undergraduate students.
UTC has great opportunities for students to expand their knowledge and learn new skills. Students are able to work and go to school with the support of many offices.

Great employment opportunities.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
short work period
Decent treatment of student employees
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 3, 2017
Student treatment varies depending on departments. Working in the library one is aware of the replaceable nature of the student worker, while working as a graduate research assistant, one is appreciated as an indispensable resource.
Productive and fun.
Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 30, 2017
Had a very good time coaching both the Men's and Women's Bowling teams, and helping them learn new techniques and how to improve there game. Took the teams to collegiate natiomals.
Pros
Free bowling.
Cons
Program was disolved.
great place to work
Admin Service Asst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 29, 2017
Best benefits around. Go to school for free and children and spouses do too (mostly) to TN State Schools. Longevity - $100/year you have been there after 3 years. Week of Christmas off with pay.

It is a lot about who you know. Often times one person can be more qualified than another person. The EEO is a joke. A lot of times hourly employees get stuck doing extra jobs with no extra pay.
benefits
Cons
Advancement Opportunities
Working here was very good, just the pay was less than desirable
Advancement Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 27, 2017
This was a nice place to work, at least in the department I worked in but a lot of other people were having trouble with their managers. I heard rumors of racism on this campus but I was treated fairly well.
Great benefits
Internal Auditor II (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 22, 2017
Great place to work with great benefits. You accumulate 2 vacation days and 1 sick day each month plus you get a week off for Christmas. The healthcare is also great.
I was only a student!
Student (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNSeptember 20, 2017
I was a student that graduated last May. I never ever worked there. As a veteran I qualified under chapter 31 student grant. The staff and the educators were passionate.
Excellent learning environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 20, 2017
I worked at 2 different Psychology labs at UTK and they were both, so different, yet equally interesting. One of my internships was actually paid for a summer and I literally had a key to the lab and was able to work whatever day and time I wanted. I was even able to bring my daughter to work with me. I found the professors, managers, employees, and other interns to be exceptional at what they did, gracious, supportive, and passionate about what the subject matter of each lab. These positions are EXTREMELY competitive, so I felt very fortunate to have worked in 2 different labs.
Pros
make your own schedule, some internships paid, supportive work environment, excellent opportunity to learn and work directly side by side w/a professor
Cons
most internships are not paid, no benefits, some only last 1 semester, no free parking / the walk to "The Hill"
I was a student during the time I spent at UTC
Full time Student (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 20, 2017
I fully enjoyed my learning experience at the university. My classes well organized and not too hard to grasp. I had plenty of time for study while there and I also held a full-time job while attending
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Walking to the various buildings for classes.
Great atmosphere
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 19, 2017
Working at UTK was a great learning experience and a great way to get my foot in the door. The atmosphere was great and I definitely learned a lot that I will take with me into the work force
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 13, 2017
Enjoy the work here. Everyone is nice and cooperative. Love the staff and the students. True learning environment where faculty work hard to ensure the best.
work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  knoxSeptember 13, 2017
good place to work just no pay, going through lost of changes. good people that work here just sometimes have hands tied. good benefits but very hard to move up even with degrees
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay
balanced work place
Management Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 7, 2017
With an academic setting, certain times of the year are a lot more busy with shorter deadlines, but pulling together to get tasks completed makes it doable, and a more relaxed work place and work pace the other times, balances it all, to a comfortable experience.
Pros
education benefits
Cons
pay for parking, lower wages
Wonderful place to work. Great benifit package
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 4, 2017
University of Tennessee a great place to be a part of. They were state of the art on everything. when i came to any office equipment thry mostly haf top of the line. Had a wonderful benifit.package.
Pros
Paid for tuition at c[ollage
Cons
Not good parking
Relaxed and Fun
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 1, 2017
Great co-workers, middling pay but overall a great experience. Would definitely recommend this University and, if given the chance, I would work there again.
University of Tennessee Chattanooga, Southeast Center for Education in the Arts
Chattanooga, Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 1, 2017
Install computers systems, implement technology to encourage teachers and professors to incorporate the arts through technology into their daily lessons.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Grant ran out.
ok
Offensive Line / Tight Ends Coach (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNAugust 30, 2017
This is a waste of time to have to fill this out for each job. I'm here to find a job not tell about the workplace I'm no longer at. Just me get a job.
Typical academic environment
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 28, 2017
When wanting to do things differently or faster, was reminded that it was a slower academic environment. I was used to a corporate environment. Academia is just different.
First year student assist
PEP LEADER (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNAugust 25, 2017
the workplace as a PEP leader was wonderful. It was on of the most supportive places to work I have every been in. i would recommend it to anyone. the workers were treated like family.
Pros
free stuff
Cons
a lot of personal time used not on the clock