University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

Overall 5/5
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Awesome job life balance. Excellent compensations and benefits. Job security is high. Management is very friendly and well trained. Mangement is very helpful.
Highly professional and supportive institution
Post-Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 15, 2017
8-5 work culture. Have to work overtime during grant submission periods. Very understanding and supportive staff. High ethical and professional standards.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Very interactive
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I loved working as a student. We had a fun environment and hte hours were flexible. I would recommend all students to apply here.
Great Institution for Learning
Professor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 13, 2017
During my six years as a professor of music at UT Arlington, I had a wonderful experience teaching students and making a difference in my community.
Productive and very fun place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 11, 2017
Our typical day of work starts at 7.00pmin the evening and ends at 3.00am in the morning.
Our main job is to personally escort students, staff on campus to their respective destinations.
The main thing I achieved from this job is to able to tackle a lot of variety of people I meet on the day to day life which boosted my confidence.
The hardest part of this job is the timings and severity of the weather conditions we are exposed too and the late night hours.
The most enjoyable part is to meet new people and make new friends.
University of Texas at Arlington has a great engineering program.
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 8, 2017
University of Texas at Arlington has a great engineering program. The professors are helpful and very willing to help their students. I managed to learn many useful skills my time here.
Learning with responsibility
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 5, 2017
You can learn more with doing job responsibilities.Value add for your knowledge and profile.Got chance to work on research topic .
Pros
Learning, compensation
Cons
time consuming
good
Projects (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 22, 2017
good. positive atmosphere. nice place to grow. high competition. Improper course planning. good place for technical branches. overall good to plan, but little chances of scholarships.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Astronomy Lab Supervisor/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Astronomy Lab Instructor
- Schedules their own classes to teach undergraduate students Astronomy
- Provides tutoring during office hours to students in need
- Set up telescopes for viewing stars at night as a requirement for students to attend.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 13, 2017
The work environment is fun and we also get to learn a lot. The faculty and managers are friendly and outgoing. The hours were flexible and the teaching assistants were given the freedom to choose their schedule.
great
Interim Program Director- (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Awesome organization that cares about their client. The President is amazing and anyone would be fortunate to work for such a great company
The programs and education you receive are fantastic
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 2, 2017
I chose UTA over my state university because of its prestige in CS.
The professors are approachable for the most part, and there's a lot of opportunity to help.
Excellence working experience
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 9, 2016
Excellence working experience in the university of texas at Arlington. Everyone in here is really nice to me and good culture
Full schedule of classes.
Student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 30, 2016
Beginning with core classes and all of the other classes and labs that are required for your specific degree, you will have a very busy schedule to keep.
friendly and Productive Workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 27, 2016
Most days my supervisor meets with all of his group research members to discuss priorities and check progress of every day tasks. Therefore, I get in early to prepare everyday schedule. On a typical day last week, we have the project team meeting and after that sometimes we have a lunch together which is the best time for communication between students and professor. The hardest part of my job is, I usually have to work on weekend. However, as my co-workers and I know about other's projects, we all try to finish our duties to help others and this is really enjoyable to work as a team and best time to involve in a research project and learn valuable points.
Work Study
Library (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 23, 2016
UTA works with my school schedule perfectly and are very accommodating. Their people at the Library Systems trained me to be the best at my job and I am confident in my work and my managing team.
Provides lastest PeopleSoft products to do your job.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 22, 2016
Nice place to work in a complex environment with nice co-workers. Getting to use the latest PeopleSoft products for commitment control, commitment accounting and Hyperion Planning and Budgeting have made UTA a productive learning workplace. I have enjoyed my service here at the university
Good stuff
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2016
The term "21st-century skills" is generally used to refer to certain core competencies such as collaboration, digital literacy, critical thinking, and problem-solving that advocates believe schools need to teach to help students thrive in today's world. In a broader sense, however, the idea of what learning in the 21st century should look like is open to interpretation—and controversy.
Ok
Maintenance Worker II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 31, 2016
While working there, there was a lot of work for one person and the wage was low.It is a ok place to work. I do not know if I would go back.
Pros
People
Cons
Job
Best place for research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  The university of Texas at ArlingtonOctober 28, 2016
- Great place for research
- Lots of research opportunities
- Fun life loaded with lots of activities
- safe and secure environment
- Management is very supportive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Arlington. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4