University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

Good place to work overall
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 16, 2017
I like working here, overall. Anything I would change is departmental, not university-wide. My department is not very collegial, but a few of us are trying to change that. People are nice, but no one makes a lot of good friends here, which can be both good and bad.
Pros
Great Benefits, Open Communication
Cons
Hard to meet people; People are very stiff here.
Great place to work while earning a degree
Graduate Teaching Assistant & Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 15, 2017
I would recommend this job to any student who is looking to further their education while earning their graduate degree. The work load is not overwhelming and you get to review material while grading.
Fun work environment with an amazing work team
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 4, 2017
Being a student worker for the New Maverick Orientation was a great experience. The job was enjoyable and I learned a lot about customer service. A typical work day would be opening the office, answering emails and phone calls regarding the upcoming orientation schedule and taking inventory of the materials used for orientation. The most enjoyable part of the job was the faculty and staff. The hardest part was balancing my job and grades.
Great work experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 1, 2017
Being able to work at the university while going to school has giving me the work experience that I believe will give me an edge over competitors in job application.
Library
Customer Associate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 1, 2017
Customer Associate Assistant. Was a really good place to work on campus while getting to opportunity to study and help people with product retrieval and some data entry.
Enjoyable working in an academic environment with people of all ages and backgrounds
Graduate Teaching Assistant, History Department (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 25, 2017
A graduate teaching assistant spends most of their time, depending on the professor the work for, grading papers, tutoring students, and keeping track of things for the professor. Some of the TAs were given the opportunity to instruct in the classroom from time to time. I learned to enjoy the learning environment as one that not only taught the students, but taught myself as well. It was a great experience interacting with both students, staff, and professionals. The management consisted of following the professor's rules, which were governed by university as well as departmental policy but each professor had their own management style; for the most part, the environment was very casual. While there is much competition in academia, the workplace culture was one of comradery and friendship among TAs as well as professors. The hardest part of the job was twofold. Having to discipline disruptive students could be unpleasant, and deadlines for grading papers for 100+ students could be stressful. The most rewarding part of the job was the one on one communication with students of all cultures, and the desire to see them become engaged in the learning process.
Pros
Working in a casual environment where everyone involved was working for the same goal.
Cons
Facing deadlines for grading exams for 100+ students in a very short time.
Good
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 19, 2017
Good place for research works. I work as a graduate research and teaching assistant here and will graduate soon. This university gives students great opportunity to learn required skills.
Time for a positive change
International Admissions Transcript Evaluator 2 (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 18, 2017
Typical day can be extremely stressful, especially during peak semesters. Such as Fall and Spring. Management is ill equip and the culture is very cliquish. Difficult to work with irate students who allow themselves to delay their process and expect you to correct their mistake within hours. The hardest part of the job is there are several departments that are making changes and growing, however our department is expected to accommodate these changes with very little staff. the most enjoyable part of my job is when I'm able to resolve a student's or coworkers issues and make their day a better.
Great research university
Adjunct Professor, Curriculum and Instruction (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 16, 2017
The Education Department does a great job of supporting its full time professors and adjunct professors. The University of Texas at Arlington is a great place to work.
Flexible student job with a lot of hours.
Housing Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at work involves a lot of walking from alternate housing locations with groups of students who hope to live on campus, answering any and all questions/concerns over the phone, email, or in person, and lastly completing ample amounts of paperwork. The management and workplace culture are both exceptional, the superiors are very understanding of student schedules and priorities and therefore will allow you to customize your workload, whether it be slim or vast.
Research base
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 30, 2017
Center for Underground Infrastructure Research and Education (CUIRE), Research focused in Risk Assessment of Underground Structures, Trenchless Technology, pipeline design and rehabilitation, and Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM).
Loved this job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 20, 2017
I did work orders to send the service tech out to do. Paid bills, and received incoming bills. Did my department payroll. answered phones and handled all customer service.
Pros
close to home and enjoyed my work family
Cons
Lost funding for my position
Perfect Place for curious minds.
Graduate Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 12, 2017
Great Institution for people who are interested in doing research. It offers an environment which helps you grow both professionally and personally. The faculty members in college of engineering are well reputed and known for their contributions in their respective fields. State-of-the-art labs allow the students to work on your innovative ideas.
I really enjoyed working here
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 12, 2017
Although I enjoyed working in the position I had, it was only a temporary student position. The professors were cool. I enjoyed what I was doing. I was where I wanted to be.
Pros
I got to work at the university which made it convenient to get to my classes.
Fun place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant(Research) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 6, 2017
I work with a great professor in a stress-free environment.The role offers great amount of learning and it has helped me in picking up the skills required for my career.
Pros
Lots of learning
Cons
Low pay
good place to work.
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 5, 2017
Its a very exciting place to work.There is a lot to learn when its comes dealing with student with different culture. very interesting work place for an individual who is making a career in law enforcement.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Good research assistantship opportunities
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 3, 2017
Geotechnical Engineering program is quite strong at UTA and it comes wit good assistantship positions and scholarships opportunities. Make sure you involve yourself in a lot of on campus activities on campus to improve social skills.
Very Productive and exceptional learning experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 1, 2017
Helped undergrad students with their final year projects. 75 students were split into groups of 5 and each group had their projects with MNC's like Lockheed Martin, Texas Instruments, etc
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
N/a
Quiet and high expectations
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 26, 2017
It was a very quiet work environment with little distraction. There was a lot expected of me in very little time, which, if I'd had more experience I would have been able to take on, but I was unprepared for some of the tasks given me. The boss was not very easy to talk to, either.
Good Opportunity for Learning
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 19, 2017
It as a good workplace. If you are able to organize your time efficiently, you'll be able to help other students in their learning, while solidifying your own knowledge in the process. Opportunities to interact and build relationships with your fellow students will definitely be a plus in that position.