University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

Producting and fun place to study and work
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 20, 2017
I enrolled to the direct PhD program in the Electrical Engineering department at UT Arlington from Spring 2013. You will find all kind of professors here. Most are very helpful and friendly.
Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 17, 2017
UTA was one of the best places that I have ever worked. It was an extremely professional workplace where I felt motivated and utilized to the best of my ability. I gained insight in to budgets, grants, procurement and many other aspects of higher education and state compliance requirements. UTA made you feel valued as an employee and a person. You felt a connection to your work and to the students that your work benefited. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable aspect was working with the faculty, staff and students.
Pros
Benefits, Holidays, Job Security
Great at entry level but get out within a year
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 15, 2017
Limited mobility. Learn a base level of knowledge but oyu will eventually hit a wall in your development. When you get what you need to know it is best to find a better company to work for
A good place to study
PhD student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 5, 2017
As a PhD student, you should be willing to work as hard as they expect you, you may not have a personal life and Salary is enough to have a medium life.
Conducive Environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 20, 2017
Very friendly seniors

Flexible timings

Cooperative and diverse colleagues

Highly systematic work process

Conducive and supportive work environment
Great opportunity
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 12, 2017
I have been working as a student caller for the office of Development and Alumni Relations since June 2015. We always play games before the shift begins and it is an amazing way to bond with my coworkers.

My communication skills have drastically improved thanks to this job. I am very excited to raise funds for scholarships that could change many students lives here at UT Arlington. Glad to know that I am able to make a difference in people lives just by calling! It is also one of the highest paying jobs on campus and I very thankful for the opportunity.
Pros
potlucks, give aways for best caller, snacks, flexible hours
Cons
promotions are rare
Pretty casual; diverse group of people
Peer Academic Leader for Students of PreCalculus (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 8, 2017
Working at UTA gives you a chance to work with a diverse group of people as the University is the 5th most diverse campus in the country. I worked in supplementary instruction in the mathematics department. It was fun, but time was always limited so I feel like I could not do my job to the fullest; was a positive experience overall.
Good while in school
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 8, 2017
Great working environment. Allows you to schedule work time around the academic schedule. Nice people, and great guidance. Not much career advancement.
Good Training/Needs more Resources
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 8, 2017
Can only speak from a student perspective but the education is wonderful. Lack of resources compared to other institutions can be challenging but overall, the school provides a solid useful skill set.
It is good to work here
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 5, 2017
I am in a joint Ph.D. program between the University of Texas at Arlington and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. It is a great program and delightful working experience for me. I like working with my fellows, teaching students and collaborating external investigators.
Nice schoool
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 25, 2017
I have developed my skills in research at UT-Arlington. The professors here are nice and patient. In the meantime, they can efficiently help us in research development.
Overall 5/5
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Awesome job life balance. Excellent compensations and benefits. Job security is high. Management is very friendly and well trained. Mangement is very helpful.
Highly professional and supportive institution
Post-Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 15, 2017
8-5 work culture. Have to work overtime during grant submission periods. Very understanding and supportive staff. High ethical and professional standards.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Very interactive
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I loved working as a student. We had a fun environment and hte hours were flexible. I would recommend all students to apply here.
Great Institution for Learning
Professor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 13, 2017
During my six years as a professor of music at UT Arlington, I had a wonderful experience teaching students and making a difference in my community.
Productive and very fun place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 11, 2017
Our typical day of work starts at 7.00pmin the evening and ends at 3.00am in the morning.
Our main job is to personally escort students, staff on campus to their respective destinations.
The main thing I achieved from this job is to able to tackle a lot of variety of people I meet on the day to day life which boosted my confidence.
The hardest part of this job is the timings and severity of the weather conditions we are exposed too and the late night hours.
The most enjoyable part is to meet new people and make new friends.
University of Texas at Arlington has a great engineering program.
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 8, 2017
University of Texas at Arlington has a great engineering program. The professors are helpful and very willing to help their students. I managed to learn many useful skills my time here.
Learning with responsibility
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 5, 2017
You can learn more with doing job responsibilities.Value add for your knowledge and profile.Got chance to work on research topic .
Pros
Learning, compensation
Cons
time consuming
good
Projects (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 22, 2017
good. positive atmosphere. nice place to grow. high competition. Improper course planning. good place for technical branches. overall good to plan, but little chances of scholarships.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Astronomy Lab Supervisor/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Astronomy Lab Instructor
- Schedules their own classes to teach undergraduate students Astronomy
- Provides tutoring during office hours to students in need
- Set up telescopes for viewing stars at night as a requirement for students to attend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Arlington. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4