University of Texas at Arlington

University of Texas at Arlington Employer Reviews

The ability to teach was great
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 13, 2015
I taught 2 courses per semester. I enjoyed teaching and trying to help the students, especially those student who were really interested in learning and those students who had to take the courses as a requirement for getting a degree, but who would never use the language.
In my opinion, such requirement is a waste. Once in college, students should have more courses that will help them in their chosen field of study.
I did enjoy the friendships created at school.
Very diversive, vibrant, and active place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), ArlingtonJanuary 13, 2015
In UTA, I had to work with undergrad students in physics labs. This job gave me an opportunity to interact with people of intelligent and inquisitive minds, and dispersive cultures. In addition, I have had privilege to brush up the basics of physics which often we overlook due to overwhelming workload during graduate life. Further, it helped me to learn organizing multi-tasking jobs (e.g. organizing course works, research, and teaching at labs ) efficiently. Moreover, it gave me a chance to build up a friendly working environment between co-workers by participating in group discussions and exchanging work experiences. The most challenging part of my employment period was to teach non-science major students since very basics of physics even sound jargon to them. However, it was the most satisfactory part of my job as well. Because I had to be very innovative and patient to present physics as very interesting and comprehensible before them. I took that challenge, and students' evaluation at end got me to believing that I was quit successful.
Great place
Medical Assisting Instructor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 31, 2014
Pros: classes, people
Cons: wished for more hours
LOVE IT, class size is small, new class, eager to learn. Great Job
Great work/life balance
Coordinator III, Special Programs (Office Manager) (Former Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 10, 2014
Exposure to innovation and a diverse student population can be a continuation of your own education.
Good work environment and professional
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 1, 2014
Professional Mentors who guide all the way. Very good working environment. Excellent support by team leads.
People matter
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Arlington, TXNovember 16, 2014
I really love the culture of UTA. Working at UTA I feel significant and recognizable. I also find the staff really helpful and understanding.
Productive and good learning experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXNovember 15, 2014
UTA is a place with multicultural background and it makes it diverse in a way of learning. With lots of research going on in the field of engineering and many live projects its a best place to learn.
Great school
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Arlington, TXNovember 11, 2014
Learned a lot from my part time job as Graduate Research Assistantship.
not enough pay
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Arlington, TXNovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay, no pay increases
Benefits are great, pay was way less of what the market salary is for the same position.
Its a nice place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 23, 2014
As a graduate teaching assistant my job is to conduct teaching sessions and labs. I think its a good experience in terms on sharpening your interpersonal and communication skills.
Good working environment and easy going co-workers
Customeer Service (Current Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 20, 2014
It is a good working environment and very convenient for a student and there are flexible hours.
Productive work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 14, 2014
I am a teaching assistant but i also assist my professor on the project that we are working on. It is half way to complete and then we are gonna start drafting paper to publish it.
I like coding so i enjoy while doing project for my professor. But grading papers is the hardest part of the job. Read each and everything for 40 s0utdents is very difficult.
Not as good as you think
Police Officer (Former Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free insurance
Cons: no time off
The insurance benefits are not that good. You pay more out of pocket. Job security is not there. No raises in over 6 years and there is no support from the administrators. Management looks out for #1 and does not back the employee at all. In many years, I saw more turnover because of the people in management. A typical day is filled with stress and your are consistently worrying about losing your job if someone does not like you. Since there was never enough personnel, it was hard to take any time off and then you lose your vacation time to sick time at the end of the fiscal year. Sick time is not paid to you when you leave. The only thing that was enjoyable was helping the students.
learning environment for students
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 7, 2014
University of Texas at Arlington has been ranked one of the fastest-growing public research universities on 2013. As a PhD student , studying Industrial Engineering , I really enjoy the provided learning environment.
Great learning for a student
Graduate Research Assistant - Office of Research (Current Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Its been a pleasure working in the office of research and I hoping to learn more at the school
good
Graduate Research Assistance (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 30, 2014
operating supersoinc wind tunnel. Doing experiments. Schedule wind tunnel using dates. Tiago is my co-worker. This job is an hands on and self driven work. Motivation is very important. No one teach you how to do things. Self trying and learning is highly desired. The enjoyable part is every once a while you will discover new things from experiments.
Very Organized and systemaic
Graduate Research Assistant, College of Business (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 21, 2014
College of Business at UT Arlington is a very good place to work with. Everything is very well organized and systematic, that helps in smooth work flow. Team of excellent people makes the place fun and provides a great learning experience.
Enjoyed the experience
Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 19, 2014
I had a rare opportunity to be the head lab TA as an undergraduate for a junior level microcontroller course. It was a positive and invaluable experience for me.
Great atmosphere with emphasize on higher education of general public
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: teaching, associate lab assistants, student and public interaction
Cons: limited job security
My typical day consisted of conducting labs, grading papers, meeting with students, attending meeting with fellow lab assistants concerning next weeks labs.
Worked with students to help them
Annual Giving Alumni Contact Agent (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 22, 2014
Staff was easy to work with and management always doing events to keep everyone motivated.

1 2 3 4 5