University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews in United States

Taxing yet rewarding place
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 3, 2016
Working as a Police Officer on a college campus is a taxing experience both good and bad. One minute you are on a traffic stop, the next minute you could be taking a theft report, or assault report. Cant pin a single review with all the excitement and boredom that may result from a single hour as a police officer
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad people
learned a lot, and would still be there if not for tuition issues
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 21, 2016
enjoyed working with such professional and experienced individuals, really good people to work with, but a full time student load on top of working there can create some small issues, I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with the researchers, professors, as well as the very in-depth background experience of the individuals that are full time staff.
great place to work,friendly coworkers,good environment good place to learn and great advancement
Cook (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 25, 2016
arrive friday prep meats,and vegatables for weekend brunch,start shift at 5:00 am prepare brunch for 200 students and lunch menu items.prep for catering events and dinner service.learned batch cooking,hot and cold food prep.great managers,not afraid to assist when needed,friendly coworkers great place to work.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
breaks
Fun place to work at
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2016
People are very friendly and supportive. There is always something to learn. Has a conductive environment where you can expand your career. Hardest part is long working hours but have one hour break with compensates.
Pros
1 hr break
Nice environment and coworkers
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76013May 6, 2016
As a student working in a computer Lab, I had all the time to study at work while there was nothing to do. Great team and coworkers willing to help you out when needed.
Pros
Great job for students
Cons
Low pay, not much career advancement
Classic learning experience
Student Assistant - Stacks Management (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 4, 2016
This job is not a technical job usually an engineer like me seek. But the experience you can gain from this job is equally valuable as your technical knowledge. You get management, supervising, project management, event organising skills.
Pros
Flexible hours, god work environment
Cons
Nothing I experienced
Great Place for water resources engineer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 6, 2016
This place benefits from many sophisticated faculties. And many faculties and staff used to continue their own research or perusing for higher degrees aside their job at UTA.
Productive and fun Place to work for if you are a student
Student Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 26, 2016
The job responsibilities include solving problems that arise with the printers and computers in the labs and provide customer support
Pros
Managers are understanding
Cons
Low salary
Fun place
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 5, 2016
I got to develop a friendly yet professional bond with my peers. Being a peer tutor helped me strengthen my concepts and also gave me an immense satisfaction as I had an pportunity to guide my mentee.
Well disciplined and productive
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 2, 2016
In this job, i found myself to become work in time, energetic.
It was a friendly weather to work with the professor and students as a teaching assistant.
Good Work Enviroment
Physics Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 3, 2016
Learned how to work with a diverse group of individuals from around the world to complete a project I had no knowledge about when I started.
Pros
Great Learning Environment
Productive and healthy environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Interacting with students
How to understand their problem and resolve it in their way.
Provide better services
Put service first methodology
Co-workers are awesome guys, its fun working with them\
productive place
Access Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 11, 2016
amazing company. I have learned a lot from here.
Friendly environment. Flexible with time schedule. good repot with colleagues. Needs expertise in Ms Excel.
Productive work area with gadgets to relax and recover
Graduate Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 26, 2015
Enough gadget and resources for any type of person to relax and get back to work anytime. Professors are so attached to everyone in helping and solving every persons problem.
Pros
good work culture, motivating environment
Great for Student Employees
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 22, 2016
I was a part-time student teacher volunteering in the ASSURE program to help teach younger undergrads how to apply the scientific method to research. It taught me advanced techniques for both teaching, speaking, and scientific research. My supervisor, although hard to understand, was a GRA who ran the lab very smoothly and was almost always able to get us the supplies we needed. My co-workers would all make sure everyone was on track, gathering together if there was a problem and picking the best course of action. It built teamwork and problem solving. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a contamination in the broth we were using. One of my coworkers and I were able to track down the source of the contamination and eradicate it after it had been there for over 2 years. Solving this problem was the most enjoyable part of my job while I was there. It went unnoticed because the Pseudomonas(the contaminant) was almost identical to E.coli (the bacteria used in the experiments) in morphology, except for colony shape. Using isolation techniques, we figured out the vials in broths it was in, and eradicated it.
Completely professional but people are very friendly which helps us have a good work relationship without troubles.
Graduate Reserch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Well, its always good to start your day here with sudden surprises by professor who brings free doughnuts. But adding to that, the co-workers are really sweet and that helps to have a good day at work no matter how bad previous night would have been.
Professional experience was gained without a doubt but beyond that, personally learned how to keep the balance between work and home life from my co-workers who had loads of experience in this.
Hardest part was to handle undergraduate students who tend to be playful at times in the lab.
Most enjoyable would be purely the research on my topic and weekly meetings with the company managers to whom I had to report.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Managing students could get hard at times.
long-time employee
Database Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 11, 2015
I have worked at UTA for over 20 years. The University offers a great work environment. Nice people who will go above and beyond to get things done.
Pros
Nice landscaping
Cons
parking is expensive
Uta
Studio Theater Makeup Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 4, 2015
It was a work-study job for me that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was only able to work up to 19 hours a week, but that was enough as I was going to school Full time at the same time.
I loved the job, but they couldn't hire me due to the lack of funds in the theater department. I learned a lot there and will miss it.
Design/Fabrication of Race car (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 25, 2015
The greatest university that i have attended so far. The technological advancements are amazing. Fun work place with supportive management.
Pros
Technological advancements
Cons
Too crowded
Descent School
Graduate research assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 7, 2015
It is not a class A school, but it is certainly a good one, and specially in the field of engineering it is growing fast.

They are giving admission to lots of talented students from Asia and Africa who for the financial reasons cannot go to very top schools, but they can afford it in Texas, and they are doing a fantastic job bringing creativity and good work to this university.

Campus life is also getting better with the increasing number of students who are bringing more college life style to the campus.

4.4