University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun Place to work for if you are a student
Student Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 26, 2016
The job responsibilities include solving problems that arise with the printers and computers in the labs and provide customer support
Pros
Managers are understanding
Cons
Low salary
Classic learning experience
Student Assistant - Stacks Management (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 4, 2016
This job is not a technical job usually an engineer like me seek. But the experience you can gain from this job is equally valuable as your technical knowledge. You get management, supervising, project management, event organising skills.
Pros
Flexible hours, god work environment
Cons
Nothing I experienced
learned a lot, and would still be there if not for tuition issues
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 21, 2016
enjoyed working with such professional and experienced individuals, really good people to work with, but a full time student load on top of working there can create some small issues, I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with the researchers, professors, as well as the very in-depth background experience of the individuals that are full time staff.
great place to work,friendly coworkers,good environment good place to learn and great advancement
Cook (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 25, 2016
arrive friday prep meats,and vegatables for weekend brunch,start shift at 5:00 am prepare brunch for 200 students and lunch menu items.prep for catering events and dinner service.learned batch cooking,hot and cold food prep.great managers,not afraid to assist when needed,friendly coworkers great place to work.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
breaks
Taxing yet rewarding place
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 3, 2016
Working as a Police Officer on a college campus is a taxing experience both good and bad. One minute you are on a traffic stop, the next minute you could be taking a theft report, or assault report. Cant pin a single review with all the excitement and boredom that may result from a single hour as a police officer
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad people
Good learning opportunity
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 3, 2015
Management is very good, and environment is good for overall improvement of personality and the work life balance is good.
Not as good as you think
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 8, 2014
The insurance benefits are not that good. You pay more out of pocket. Job security is not there. No raises in over 6 years and there is no support from the administrators. Management looks out for #1 and does not back the employee at all. In many years, I saw more turnover because of the people in management. A typical day is filled with stress and your are consistently worrying about losing your job if someone does not like you. Since there was never enough personnel, it was hard to take any time off and then you lose your vacation time to sick time at the end of the fiscal year. Sick time is not paid to you when you leave. The only thing that was enjoyable was helping the students.
Pros
free insurance
Cons
no time off
Productive work area with gadgets to relax and recover
Graduate Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 26, 2015
Enough gadget and resources for any type of person to relax and get back to work anytime. Professors are so attached to everyone in helping and solving every persons problem.
Pros
good work culture, motivating environment
Cons
Design/Fabrication of Race car (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 25, 2015
The greatest university that i have attended so far. The technological advancements are amazing. Fun work place with supportive management.
Pros
Technological advancements
Cons
Too crowded
Nice environment and coworkers
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76013May 6, 2016
As a student working in a computer Lab, I had all the time to study at work while there was nothing to do. Great team and coworkers willing to help you out when needed.
Pros
Great job for students
Cons
Low pay, not much career advancement
Fun place
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 5, 2016
I got to develop a friendly yet professional bond with my peers. Being a peer tutor helped me strengthen my concepts and also gave me an immense satisfaction as I had an pportunity to guide my mentee.
Good Work Enviroment
Physics Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 3, 2016
Learned how to work with a diverse group of individuals from around the world to complete a project I had no knowledge about when I started.
Pros
Great Learning Environment
Great workplace to get started in the professional world
Natural Resource Specialist I Contractor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 26, 2016
Working at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality as a UTA contractor has been great. I have been able to work together with teammates and also with engineers and attorneys to help municipal utility districts (MUDs) to make necessary changes by approving the use of funds for facilities and projects within the MUDs.

I have learned a lot about the inner-working and how much goes into making changes in MUDs. I'd like to say it has also helped me brush up on my customer service skills too, since it requires me to interact professionally with engineers and especially attorneys.

Everyone at TCEQ is very welcoming and my managers and supervisors with both TCEQ and UTA are some of the best I have ever worked for.

I would say the hardest part of the job would have to related to gathering required information from outside the agency. Sometimes there is a wait and applications have to be put on hold until the information is received. It's not usually a long wait, but it's nice to not have to put an application on hold.

The best part about the job is the feeling of completing an application, especially one that was a little challenging. Also, I have excellent team members who are very helpful and knowledgeable who are quick to answer questions about the more challenging applications.
Pros
Casual Fridays, excellent healthcare benefits
Cons
Sometimes the supplies you need are not available
Productive and healthy environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Interacting with students
How to understand their problem and resolve it in their way.
Provide better services
Put service first methodology
Co-workers are awesome guys, its fun working with them\
Completely professional but people are very friendly which helps us have a good work relationship without troubles.
Graduate Reserch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Well, its always good to start your day here with sudden surprises by professor who brings free doughnuts. But adding to that, the co-workers are really sweet and that helps to have a good day at work no matter how bad previous night would have been.
Professional experience was gained without a doubt but beyond that, personally learned how to keep the balance between work and home life from my co-workers who had loads of experience in this.
Hardest part was to handle undergraduate students who tend to be playful at times in the lab.
Most enjoyable would be purely the research on my topic and weekly meetings with the company managers to whom I had to report.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Managing students could get hard at times.
Overall Good Employment for part-time student/ Work Study
Peer Academic Leader (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 1, 2015
Working at University college at UT Arlington was a good overall experience in terms of building experience. It is a good place to start out on the resume building. The pay could be better but you can say that about anywhere you work these days, especially if its part-time.
Pros
networking, good job experience/skills
Cons
pay/compensation
productive place
Access Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 11, 2016
amazing company. I have learned a lot from here.
Friendly environment. Flexible with time schedule. good repot with colleagues. Needs expertise in Ms Excel.
Great work environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Maintaining department website and help students if they have any issues
nice place to work
compensation is good
Co-workers are very friendly and helpful
long-time employee
Database Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 11, 2015
I have worked at UTA for over 20 years. The University offers a great work environment. Nice people who will go above and beyond to get things done.
Pros
Nice landscaping
Cons
parking is expensive
Uta
Studio Theater Makeup Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 4, 2015
It was a work-study job for me that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was only able to work up to 19 hours a week, but that was enough as I was going to school Full time at the same time.
I loved the job, but they couldn't hire me due to the lack of funds in the theater department. I learned a lot there and will miss it.

4.4