University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

Overall 5/5
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Awesome job life balance. Excellent compensations and benefits. Job security is high. Management is very friendly and well trained. Mangement is very helpful.
Highly professional and supportive institution
Post-Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 15, 2017
8-5 work culture. Have to work overtime during grant submission periods. Very understanding and supportive staff. High ethical and professional standards.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Learning with responsibility
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 5, 2017
You can learn more with doing job responsibilities.Value add for your knowledge and profile.Got chance to work on research topic .
Pros
Learning, compensation
Cons
time consuming
Great Place for water resources engineer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 6, 2016
This place benefits from many sophisticated faculties. And many faculties and staff used to continue their own research or perusing for higher degrees aside their job at UTA.
friendly and Productive Workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 27, 2016
Most days my supervisor meets with all of his group research members to discuss priorities and check progress of every day tasks. Therefore, I get in early to prepare everyday schedule. On a typical day last week, we have the project team meeting and after that sometimes we have a lunch together which is the best time for communication between students and professor. The hardest part of my job is, I usually have to work on weekend. However, as my co-workers and I know about other's projects, we all try to finish our duties to help others and this is really enjoyable to work as a team and best time to involve in a research project and learn valuable points.
Productive and very fun place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 11, 2017
Our typical day of work starts at 7.00pmin the evening and ends at 3.00am in the morning.
Our main job is to personally escort students, staff on campus to their respective destinations.
The main thing I achieved from this job is to able to tackle a lot of variety of people I meet on the day to day life which boosted my confidence.
The hardest part of this job is the timings and severity of the weather conditions we are exposed too and the late night hours.
The most enjoyable part is to meet new people and make new friends.
Great workplace to get started in the professional world
Natural Resource Specialist I Contractor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 26, 2016
Working at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality as a UTA contractor has been great. I have been able to work together with teammates and also with engineers and attorneys to help municipal utility districts (MUDs) to make necessary changes by approving the use of funds for facilities and projects within the MUDs.

I have learned a lot about the inner-working and how much goes into making changes in MUDs. I'd like to say it has also helped me brush up on my customer service skills too, since it requires me to interact professionally with engineers and especially attorneys.

Everyone at TCEQ is very welcoming and my managers and supervisors with both TCEQ and UTA are some of the best I have ever worked for.

I would say the hardest part of the job would have to related to gathering required information from outside the agency. Sometimes there is a wait and applications have to be put on hold until the information is received. It's not usually a long wait, but it's nice to not have to put an application on hold.

The best part about the job is the feeling of completing an application, especially one that was a little challenging. Also, I have excellent team members who are very helpful and knowledgeable who are quick to answer questions about the more challenging applications.
Pros
Casual Fridays, excellent healthcare benefits
Cons
Sometimes the supplies you need are not available
Stay away from the library
Job title no longer exists (Former Employee) –  LibrarySeptember 21, 2016
The Dean and her assistant continue using a vindictive, unethical management style based on whim and cronyism. Staff turnover is huge. Whether professional or classified, staff members never know where they stand from one day to the next. Don't go there. These are horrible people.
Cons
Unstable, vindictive management style, poor communication. Scorched earth management style. Human Resources facilitates deplorable actions.
Fun place to work at
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2016
People are very friendly and supportive. There is always something to learn. Has a conductive environment where you can expand your career. Hardest part is long working hours but have one hour break with compensates.
Pros
1 hr break
Cons
Productive and fun Place to work for if you are a student
Student Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 26, 2016
The job responsibilities include solving problems that arise with the printers and computers in the labs and provide customer support
Pros
Managers are understanding
Cons
Low salary
Transition
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 21, 2016
It's a good place to be at if you are looking for flexible hours while you attend school.
My coworkers are hardworking but also very approachable when it comes to issues not related to work.
The hardest part of the job is trying to balance tasks because there is a lot of freedom in how you can go about approaching things,
The best part is coming in to work and happy to work alongside the people you are employed with because the environment is so nice.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No insurance
Good, growing university program
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 16, 2016
UTA is a good, growing university and the music and theater departments are attracting better students each year. The faculty is strong and easy to work with. The students are both the best and most difficult part of the job.
Pros
No micromanagement, positive environment
Good stuff
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2016
The term "21st-century skills" is generally used to refer to certain core competencies such as collaboration, digital literacy, critical thinking, and problem-solving that advocates believe schools need to teach to help students thrive in today's world. In a broader sense, however, the idea of what learning in the 21st century should look like is open to interpretation—and controversy.
A very good learning experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 26, 2016
My learning curve is something much steeper than a normal bell curve and often felt that as a gift. I have worked and learned over the course of my masters and that thing, working with a team and actually to be accepted to be one to work on something make me feel important and would do anything to make it work.

Honesty and hard work always pays they say, i would say the same.
Pros
good team, good professor.
Cons
Provides lastest PeopleSoft products to do your job.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 22, 2016
Nice place to work in a complex environment with nice co-workers. Getting to use the latest PeopleSoft products for commitment control, commitment accounting and Hyperion Planning and Budgeting have made UTA a productive learning workplace. I have enjoyed my service here at the university
Fast Paced Work Environment
Astronomy Lab Supervisor/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Astronomy Lab Instructor
- Schedules their own classes to teach undergraduate students Astronomy
- Provides tutoring during office hours to students in need
- Set up telescopes for viewing stars at night as a requirement for students to attend.
Best place for research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  The university of Texas at ArlingtonOctober 28, 2016
- Great place for research
- Lots of research opportunities
- Fun life loaded with lots of activities
- safe and secure environment
- Management is very supportive
Excellence working experience
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 9, 2016
Excellence working experience in the university of texas at Arlington. Everyone in here is really nice to me and good culture
University of Texas at Arlington has a great engineering program.
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 8, 2017
University of Texas at Arlington has a great engineering program. The professors are helpful and very willing to help their students. I managed to learn many useful skills my time here.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 13, 2017
The work environment is fun and we also get to learn a lot. The faculty and managers are friendly and outgoing. The hours were flexible and the teaching assistants were given the freedom to choose their schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Arlington. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4