University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

Productive and very fun place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 11, 2017
Our typical day of work starts at 7.00pmin the evening and ends at 3.00am in the morning.
Our main job is to personally escort students, staff on campus to their respective destinations.
The main thing I achieved from this job is to able to tackle a lot of variety of people I meet on the day to day life which boosted my confidence.
The hardest part of this job is the timings and severity of the weather conditions we are exposed too and the late night hours.
The most enjoyable part is to meet new people and make new friends.
friendly and Productive Workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 27, 2016
Most days my supervisor meets with all of his group research members to discuss priorities and check progress of every day tasks. Therefore, I get in early to prepare everyday schedule. On a typical day last week, we have the project team meeting and after that sometimes we have a lunch together which is the best time for communication between students and professor. The hardest part of my job is, I usually have to work on weekend. However, as my co-workers and I know about other's projects, we all try to finish our duties to help others and this is really enjoyable to work as a team and best time to involve in a research project and learn valuable points.
Good stuff
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2016
The term "21st-century skills" is generally used to refer to certain core competencies such as collaboration, digital literacy, critical thinking, and problem-solving that advocates believe schools need to teach to help students thrive in today's world. In a broader sense, however, the idea of what learning in the 21st century should look like is open to interpretation—and controversy.
Transition
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 21, 2016
It's a good place to be at if you are looking for flexible hours while you attend school.
My coworkers are hardworking but also very approachable when it comes to issues not related to work.
The hardest part of the job is trying to balance tasks because there is a lot of freedom in how you can go about approaching things,
The best part is coming in to work and happy to work alongside the people you are employed with because the environment is so nice.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No insurance
Provides lastest PeopleSoft products to do your job.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 22, 2016
Nice place to work in a complex environment with nice co-workers. Getting to use the latest PeopleSoft products for commitment control, commitment accounting and Hyperion Planning and Budgeting have made UTA a productive learning workplace. I have enjoyed my service here at the university
A very good learning experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 26, 2016
My learning curve is something much steeper than a normal bell curve and often felt that as a gift. I have worked and learned over the course of my masters and that thing, working with a team and actually to be accepted to be one to work on something make me feel important and would do anything to make it work.

Honesty and hard work always pays they say, i would say the same.
Pros
good team, good professor.
Cons
Stay away from the library
Job title no longer exists (Former Employee) –  LibrarySeptember 21, 2016
The Dean and her assistant continue using a vindictive, unethical management style based on whim and cronyism. Staff turnover is huge. Whether professional or classified, staff members never know where they stand from one day to the next. Don't go there. These are horrible people.
Cons
Unstable, vindictive management style, poor communication. Scorched earth management style. Human Resources facilitates deplorable actions.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Astronomy Lab Supervisor/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Astronomy Lab Instructor
- Schedules their own classes to teach undergraduate students Astronomy
- Provides tutoring during office hours to students in need
- Set up telescopes for viewing stars at night as a requirement for students to attend.
A perfect place for students to work
Graduate Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 17, 2016
 Taught Statistics and Java to undergraduate and graduate students on a weekly basis.
 Assisted faculties in grading exams, and homeworks as well as organizing the course materials for almost 150 students
 Gathered data from different journals for two professors.
Highly professional and supportive institution
Post-Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 15, 2017
8-5 work culture. Have to work overtime during grant submission periods. Very understanding and supportive staff. High ethical and professional standards.
Pros
healthcare benefits
University of Texas at Arlington has a great engineering program.
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 8, 2017
University of Texas at Arlington has a great engineering program. The professors are helpful and very willing to help their students. I managed to learn many useful skills my time here.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 13, 2017
The work environment is fun and we also get to learn a lot. The faculty and managers are friendly and outgoing. The hours were flexible and the teaching assistants were given the freedom to choose their schedule.
Good, growing university program
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 16, 2016
UTA is a good, growing university and the music and theater departments are attracting better students each year. The faculty is strong and easy to work with. The students are both the best and most difficult part of the job.
Pros
No micromanagement, positive environment
Fun work place, nice co-workers
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 17, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work for high-quality research and good life-work balance. The NTU is one of the best research institute in SIngapore may be the world. The facility here is one of the best in Asia and supporting staffs are very nice to people and they are very helpful.
Learning with responsibility
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 5, 2017
You can learn more with doing job responsibilities.Value add for your knowledge and profile.Got chance to work on research topic .
Pros
Learning, compensation
Cons
time consuming
The programs and education you receive are fantastic
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 2, 2017
I chose UTA over my state university because of its prestige in CS.
The professors are approachable for the most part, and there's a lot of opportunity to help.
Overall 5/5
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Awesome job life balance. Excellent compensations and benefits. Job security is high. Management is very friendly and well trained. Mangement is very helpful.
good
Projects (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 22, 2017
good. positive atmosphere. nice place to grow. high competition. Improper course planning. good place for technical branches. overall good to plan, but little chances of scholarships.
Work Study
Library (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 23, 2016
UTA works with my school schedule perfectly and are very accommodating. Their people at the Library Systems trained me to be the best at my job and I am confident in my work and my managing team.
Great Institution for Learning
Professor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 13, 2017
During my six years as a professor of music at UT Arlington, I had a wonderful experience teaching students and making a difference in my community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Arlington. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4