University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

Loved this job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 20, 2017
I did work orders to send the service tech out to do. Paid bills, and received incoming bills. Did my department payroll. answered phones and handled all customer service.
Pros
close to home and enjoyed my work family
Cons
Lost funding for my position
Perfect Place for curious minds.
Graduate Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 12, 2017
Great Institution for people who are interested in doing research. It offers an environment which helps you grow both professionally and personally. The faculty members in college of engineering are well reputed and known for their contributions in their respective fields. State-of-the-art labs allow the students to work on your innovative ideas.
I really enjoyed working here
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 12, 2017
Although I enjoyed working in the position I had, it was only a temporary student position. The professors were cool. I enjoyed what I was doing. I was where I wanted to be.
Pros
I got to work at the university which made it convenient to get to my classes.
Fun place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant(Research) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 6, 2017
I work with a great professor in a stress-free environment.The role offers great amount of learning and it has helped me in picking up the skills required for my career.
Pros
Lots of learning
Cons
Low pay
good place to work.
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 5, 2017
Its a very exciting place to work.There is a lot to learn when its comes dealing with student with different culture. very interesting work place for an individual who is making a career in law enforcement.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Good research assistantship opportunities
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 3, 2017
Geotechnical Engineering program is quite strong at UTA and it comes wit good assistantship positions and scholarships opportunities. Make sure you involve yourself in a lot of on campus activities on campus to improve social skills.
Very Productive and exceptional learning experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 1, 2017
Helped undergrad students with their final year projects. 75 students were split into groups of 5 and each group had their projects with MNC's like Lockheed Martin, Texas Instruments, etc
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
N/a
Quiet and high expectations
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 26, 2017
It was a very quiet work environment with little distraction. There was a lot expected of me in very little time, which, if I'd had more experience I would have been able to take on, but I was unprepared for some of the tasks given me. The boss was not very easy to talk to, either.
Good Opportunity for Learning
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 19, 2017
It as a good workplace. If you are able to organize your time efficiently, you'll be able to help other students in their learning, while solidifying your own knowledge in the process. Opportunities to interact and build relationships with your fellow students will definitely be a plus in that position.
Great place, Friendly atmosphere
Graduate Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 30, 2017
A skilled communicator. able to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic.Creative, resourceful and flexible.High-energy.
Pros
Very helpful team
Cons
No windows in classes
Producting and fun place to study and work
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 20, 2017
I enrolled to the direct PhD program in the Electrical Engineering department at UT Arlington from Spring 2013. You will find all kind of professors here. Most are very helpful and friendly.
Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 17, 2017
UTA was one of the best places that I have ever worked. It was an extremely professional workplace where I felt motivated and utilized to the best of my ability. I gained insight in to budgets, grants, procurement and many other aspects of higher education and state compliance requirements. UTA made you feel valued as an employee and a person. You felt a connection to your work and to the students that your work benefited. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable aspect was working with the faculty, staff and students.
Pros
Benefits, Holidays, Job Security
Great at entry level but get out within a year
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 15, 2017
Limited mobility. Learn a base level of knowledge but oyu will eventually hit a wall in your development. When you get what you need to know it is best to find a better company to work for
A good place to study
PhD student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 5, 2017
As a PhD student, you should be willing to work as hard as they expect you, you may not have a personal life and Salary is enough to have a medium life.
Conducive Environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 20, 2017
Very friendly seniors

Flexible timings

Cooperative and diverse colleagues

Highly systematic work process

Conducive and supportive work environment
Great opportunity
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 12, 2017
I have been working as a student caller for the office of Development and Alumni Relations since June 2015. We always play games before the shift begins and it is an amazing way to bond with my coworkers.

My communication skills have drastically improved thanks to this job. I am very excited to raise funds for scholarships that could change many students lives here at UT Arlington. Glad to know that I am able to make a difference in people lives just by calling! It is also one of the highest paying jobs on campus and I very thankful for the opportunity.
Pros
potlucks, give aways for best caller, snacks, flexible hours
Cons
promotions are rare
Pretty casual; diverse group of people
Peer Academic Leader for Students of PreCalculus (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 8, 2017
Working at UTA gives you a chance to work with a diverse group of people as the University is the 5th most diverse campus in the country. I worked in supplementary instruction in the mathematics department. It was fun, but time was always limited so I feel like I could not do my job to the fullest; was a positive experience overall.
Good while in school
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 8, 2017
Great working environment. Allows you to schedule work time around the academic schedule. Nice people, and great guidance. Not much career advancement.
Good Training/Needs more Resources
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 8, 2017
Can only speak from a student perspective but the education is wonderful. Lack of resources compared to other institutions can be challenging but overall, the school provides a solid useful skill set.
It is good to work here
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 5, 2017
I am in a joint Ph.D. program between the University of Texas at Arlington and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. It is a great program and delightful working experience for me. I like working with my fellows, teaching students and collaborating external investigators.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Arlington. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4