University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews in United States

student employment vvery flexible
Graduate Recruitment Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 10, 2016
I loved working here as student, they give you the chance to set your own schedule and work really well with your schedule. The supervisors are really nice too
Great Place for water resources engineer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 6, 2016
This place benefits from many sophisticated faculties. And many faculties and staff used to continue their own research or perusing for higher degrees aside their job at UTA.
Great for Student Employees
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 22, 2016
I was a part-time student teacher volunteering in the ASSURE program to help teach younger undergrads how to apply the scientific method to research. It taught me advanced techniques for both teaching, speaking, and scientific research. My supervisor, although hard to understand, was a GRA who ran the lab very smoothly and was almost always able to get us the supplies we needed. My co-workers would all make sure everyone was on track, gathering together if there was a problem and picking the best course of action. It built teamwork and problem solving. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a contamination in the broth we were using. One of my coworkers and I were able to track down the source of the contamination and eradicate it after it had been there for over 2 years. Solving this problem was the most enjoyable part of my job while I was there. It went unnoticed because the Pseudomonas(the contaminant) was almost identical to E.coli (the bacteria used in the experiments) in morphology, except for colony shape. Using isolation techniques, we figured out the vials in broths it was in, and eradicated it.
Fun place to work at
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2016
People are very friendly and supportive. There is always something to learn. Has a conductive environment where you can expand your career. Hardest part is long working hours but have one hour break with compensates.
Pros
1 hr break
Well disciplined and productive
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 2, 2016
In this job, i found myself to become work in time, energetic.
It was a friendly weather to work with the professor and students as a teaching assistant.
Nice environment and coworkers
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76013May 6, 2016
As a student working in a computer Lab, I had all the time to study at work while there was nothing to do. Great team and coworkers willing to help you out when needed.
Pros
Great job for students
Cons
Low pay, not much career advancement
Good Work Enviroment
Physics Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 3, 2016
Learned how to work with a diverse group of individuals from around the world to complete a project I had no knowledge about when I started.
Pros
Great Learning Environment
Taxing yet rewarding place
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 3, 2016
Working as a Police Officer on a college campus is a taxing experience both good and bad. One minute you are on a traffic stop, the next minute you could be taking a theft report, or assault report. Cant pin a single review with all the excitement and boredom that may result from a single hour as a police officer
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad people
Great workplace to get started in the professional world
Natural Resource Specialist I Contractor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 26, 2016
Working at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality as a UTA contractor has been great. I have been able to work together with teammates and also with engineers and attorneys to help municipal utility districts (MUDs) to make necessary changes by approving the use of funds for facilities and projects within the MUDs.

I have learned a lot about the inner-working and how much goes into making changes in MUDs. I'd like to say it has also helped me brush up on my customer service skills too, since it requires me to interact professionally with engineers and especially attorneys.

Everyone at TCEQ is very welcoming and my managers and supervisors with both TCEQ and UTA are some of the best I have ever worked for.

I would say the hardest part of the job would have to related to gathering required information from outside the agency. Sometimes there is a wait and applications have to be put on hold until the information is received. It's not usually a long wait, but it's nice to not have to put an application on hold.

The best part about the job is the feeling of completing an application, especially one that was a little challenging. Also, I have excellent team members who are very helpful and knowledgeable who are quick to answer questions about the more challenging applications.
Pros
Casual Fridays, excellent healthcare benefits
Cons
Sometimes the supplies you need are not available
productive place
Access Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 11, 2016
amazing company. I have learned a lot from here.
Friendly environment. Flexible with time schedule. good repot with colleagues. Needs expertise in Ms Excel.
Fun place
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 5, 2016
I got to develop a friendly yet professional bond with my peers. Being a peer tutor helped me strengthen my concepts and also gave me an immense satisfaction as I had an pportunity to guide my mentee.
Productive and fun Place to work for if you are a student
Student Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 26, 2016
The job responsibilities include solving problems that arise with the printers and computers in the labs and provide customer support
Pros
Managers are understanding
Cons
Low salary
learned a lot, and would still be there if not for tuition issues
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 21, 2016
enjoyed working with such professional and experienced individuals, really good people to work with, but a full time student load on top of working there can create some small issues, I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with the researchers, professors, as well as the very in-depth background experience of the individuals that are full time staff.
great place to work,friendly coworkers,good environment good place to learn and great advancement
Cook (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 25, 2016
arrive friday prep meats,and vegatables for weekend brunch,start shift at 5:00 am prepare brunch for 200 students and lunch menu items.prep for catering events and dinner service.learned batch cooking,hot and cold food prep.great managers,not afraid to assist when needed,friendly coworkers great place to work.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
breaks
Productive and healthy environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Interacting with students
How to understand their problem and resolve it in their way.
Provide better services
Put service first methodology
Co-workers are awesome guys, its fun working with them\
Classic learning experience
Student Assistant - Stacks Management (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 4, 2016
This job is not a technical job usually an engineer like me seek. But the experience you can gain from this job is equally valuable as your technical knowledge. You get management, supervising, project management, event organising skills.
Pros
Flexible hours, god work environment
Cons
Nothing I experienced
Productive work area with gadgets to relax and recover
Graduate Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 26, 2015
Enough gadget and resources for any type of person to relax and get back to work anytime. Professors are so attached to everyone in helping and solving every persons problem.
Pros
good work culture, motivating environment
long-time employee
Database Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 11, 2015
I have worked at UTA for over 20 years. The University offers a great work environment. Nice people who will go above and beyond to get things done.
Pros
Nice landscaping
Cons
parking is expensive
Good learning opportunity
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 3, 2015
Management is very good, and environment is good for overall improvement of personality and the work life balance is good.
Design/Fabrication of Race car (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 25, 2015
The greatest university that i have attended so far. The technological advancements are amazing. Fun work place with supportive management.
Pros
Technological advancements
Cons
Too crowded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Arlington. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4