University of Texas at Arlington

University of Texas at Arlington Employer Reviews

Productive work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 14, 2014
I am a teaching assistant but i also assist my professor on the project that we are working on. It is half way to complete and then we are gonna start drafting paper to publish it.
I like coding so i enjoy while doing project for my professor. But grading papers is the hardest part of the job. Read each and everything for 40 s0utdents is very difficult.
Not as good as you think
Police Officer (Former Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free insurance
Cons: no time off
The insurance benefits are not that good. You pay more out of pocket. Job security is not there. No raises in over 6 years and there is no support from the administrators. Management looks out for #1 and does not back the employee at all. In many years, I saw more turnover because of the people in management. A typical day is filled with stress and – more... your are consistently worrying about losing your job if someone does not like you. Since there was never enough personnel, it was hard to take any time off and then you lose your vacation time to sick time at the end of the fiscal year. Sick time is not paid to you when you leave. The only thing that was enjoyable was helping the students. – less
learning environment for students
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 7, 2014
University of Texas at Arlington has been ranked one of the fastest-growing public research universities on 2013. As a PhD student , studying Industrial Engineering , I really enjoy the provided learning environment.
Great learning for a student
Graduate Research Assistant - Office of Research (Current Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Its been a pleasure working in the office of research and I hoping to learn more at the school
good
Graduate Research Assistance (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 30, 2014
operating supersoinc wind tunnel. Doing experiments. Schedule wind tunnel using dates. Tiago is my co-worker. This job is an hands on and self driven work. Motivation is very important. No one teach you how to do things. Self trying and learning is highly desired. The enjoyable part is every once a while you will discover new things from experiments.
Very Organized and systemaic
Graduate Research Assistant, College of Business (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 21, 2014
College of Business at UT Arlington is a very good place to work with. Everything is very well organized and systematic, that helps in smooth work flow. Team of excellent people makes the place fun and provides a great learning experience.
Enjoyed the experience
Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 19, 2014
I had a rare opportunity to be the head lab TA as an undergraduate for a junior level microcontroller course. It was a positive and invaluable experience for me.
Great atmosphere with emphasize on higher education of general public
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: teaching, associate lab assistants, student and public interaction
Cons: limited job security
My typical day consisted of conducting labs, grading papers, meeting with students, attending meeting with fellow lab assistants concerning next weeks labs.
Worked with students to help them
Annual Giving Alumni Contact Agent (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 22, 2014
Staff was easy to work with and management always doing events to keep everyone motivated.
Good people
BUILDING CREW MEMBER (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 10, 2014
The building crew typically was made up of foreign students which made work interesting because of the communication boundaries one has to over come. But as much as that made for difficulty, getting to know people from other countries was very interesting for me.
Good place to study
Graduate Student (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 3, 2014
My major is Computer Software Engineer. Professors are very good.
Best Place to work
Course Instructor (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 28, 2014
I have been working in UTA for 5 years. It is the best place to work.
Poor
Crew Member (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 23, 2014
It Was a very poor experience, but i thankful for the opportunity
It was a enjoyable learning place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMay 14, 2014
The workplace here was very enjoyable as the colleagues are friendly, helpful and respect each other. We used to do research related to materials science and electrochemical energy conversion and storage systems such as lithium ion battery, fuel cell catalysts, fuel cell membrane, and photo-electrochemical systems etc. I used to learn mostly because – more... we had a culture of having weekly group meeting where each of us used to discuss the problems and probable solutions. – less
Enjoy college life beyond college!
Human Resources Representative III (Generalist) (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMay 13, 2014
Great people, great campus! Working for UTA is a pleasure.

New strategic focus under a new President makes work interesting and a great professional challenge for those who like excitement!

I enjoy the atmosphere - low stress, high energy!
A typical day is very busy
Reserves Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: a variety of things to do.
My day would start off checking to see if any of the faculty that had brought in any of documents that they wanted their students to have access to the documents from their residences. Additionally I would assist students and faculty. I would scan, return, and keep a copy of the articles that the professors would make available outside of class for – more... their students. If the faculty or students had any questions they would call me to answer their questions. We would run the article or articles through the copyright sites to determine whether or not that it could be used without any legal problems for the university system. Once the articles had cleared the copyright sites I would let the appropriate faculty member know so that they could release the information to their students with the appropriate password to retrieve the documents. I would also train the other branch's reserves managers as they were hired. I would also determine what magazines were ready for the bindery as well. I would also receive notice what previously sent in volumes were ready. I would also choose the fabric that the volumes that were to be bound in. – less
Cashier
Student assistant (Current Employee), Arlington, TXApril 7, 2014
Good place to work but, had to leave because of academic reasons.
Experienced environment and knowledgable guidance
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 13, 2014
Pros: good enivronment
Cons: nothing
One of the best place to learn and experience the job. 8 hours per day. To handle the typical situation this is the thing I have learned.
good
Research Assistantship (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 8, 2014
Pros: best engineering school near dfw
Cons: ranking
good school with nice MEMS lab

•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Wonderful major
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 1, 2014
It was a wonderful major but just not for me at the time. My professors are great and my fellow students are great people.

1 2 3 4