University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

Productive work area with gadgets to relax and recover
Graduate Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 26, 2015
Enough gadget and resources for any type of person to relax and get back to work anytime. Professors are so attached to everyone in helping and solving every persons problem.
Pros
good work culture, motivating environment
long-time employee
Database Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 11, 2015
I have worked at UTA for over 20 years. The University offers a great work environment. Nice people who will go above and beyond to get things done.
Pros
Nice landscaping
Cons
parking is expensive
Good learning opportunity
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 3, 2015
Management is very good, and environment is good for overall improvement of personality and the work life balance is good.
Design/Fabrication of Race car (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 25, 2015
The greatest university that i have attended so far. The technological advancements are amazing. Fun work place with supportive management.
Pros
Technological advancements
Cons
Too crowded
Post-doctor/Research associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 27, 2015
I was a post-doctor at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering. It was a good place to work. Environment is liberal
Completely professional but people are very friendly which helps us have a good work relationship without troubles.
Graduate Reserch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Well, its always good to start your day here with sudden surprises by professor who brings free doughnuts. But adding to that, the co-workers are really sweet and that helps to have a good day at work no matter how bad previous night would have been.
Professional experience was gained without a doubt but beyond that, personally learned how to keep the balance between work and home life from my co-workers who had loads of experience in this.
Hardest part was to handle undergraduate students who tend to be playful at times in the lab.
Most enjoyable would be purely the research on my topic and weekly meetings with the company managers to whom I had to report.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Managing students could get hard at times.
Great environment for future studio engineers
Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 8, 2015
Great place to gain experience
learned many things from studio setup to running a full session and working on recording projects
Pros
Free access to professional studio and equipment 24/
Cons
No pay, and ends when you graduate
UTA
Studio Theater Makeup Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 4, 2015
It was a work-study job for me that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was only able to work up to 19 hours a week, but that was enough as I was going to school Full time at the same time.
I loved the job, but they couldn't hire me due to the lack of funds in the theater department. I learned a lot there and will miss it.
UTA
Natural Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2015
Being a contractor for UTA has been a great learning experience. There is opportunity for growth and to be hired on as a full time employee within four months.
Interesting and Exciting place to work
UTSI Peer Educator and Mentor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 12, 2015
I used to work here along with my studies and my duty was to provide more emphasis on students academics and on their doubts. The hardest part of the job was to deal with different and diverse range of students and it was the the most enjoyable part of the job as well.
Great Learning Experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 5, 2015
Gaining knowledge heat transfer and thermodynamics. Working with a master student working on his thesis. Currently working on temperature distribution of a processor cooled by liquid.
productive workplace
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 4, 2015
it was very good workplace to conduct research under supervision of experienced faculty members. The quality of coursework was high, so that prepare students for job market
UTA review
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 19, 2015
UTA is the best university in North Texas for one who want to both work and be at school. The University of Texas at Arlington can provide online education for people already holding a job outside of the campus.
Pros
well managed. goof reputation. perfect academics
University
Event Coordinator and Organizer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 18, 2015
I have learned everything in this university from the studies, project, discipline everything. All the professors are very good here, they are friendly to us and lenient too.
Descent School
Graduate research assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 7, 2015
It is not a class A school, but it is certainly a good one, and specially in the field of engineering it is growing fast.

They are giving admission to lots of talented students from Asia and Africa who for the financial reasons cannot go to very top schools, but they can afford it in Texas, and they are doing a fantastic job bringing creativity and good work to this university.

Campus life is also getting better with the increasing number of students who are bringing more college life style to the campus.
Nice place to work
Graduate Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  IMSE dept.June 23, 2015
UTA is a great place to study and work. enjoyed most of the time with friends and work culture is amazing.
Worked under IMSE dept. of UTA
• Record and upload lectures for online students
• Proctor the examination
• Worked with professor in their course material.
Very good university
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 22, 2015
UTA is a good university in many aspects. Cooperating staff and knowledgeable professors. extraordinary facilities and great location in case of job opportunities.
Opportunities await!
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 21, 2015
You will learn to become a self-starter.
Be quick to find opportunities in a competitive environment.
Research work here is fun!
Education and learning environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 11, 2015
Regular shifts. Perfect to work part time with studies on the side and gives easy access to professors and solving difficulties about subjects. Great place to work while studying on campus.
Pros
free lunches and gifts
Cons
Silent and boring at times
Great work
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 28, 2015
I had a blast at work, able to tutor/mentor kids that needed some guidance. Learned a lot about myself as a person and gave me a new perspective of high school students.

4.4