University of Texas at Arlington

University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Graduate Teaching Associate (Former Employee), IMSE dept.June 23, 2015
UTA is a great place to study and work. enjoyed most of the time with friends and work culture is amazing.
Worked under IMSE dept. of UTA
• Record and upload lectures for online students
• Proctor the examination
• Worked with professor in their course material.
Very good university
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 22, 2015
UTA is a good university in many aspects. Cooperating staff and knowledgeable professors. extraordinary facilities and great location in case of job opportunities.
Opportunities await!
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 21, 2015
You will learn to become a self-starter.
Be quick to find opportunities in a competitive environment.
Research work here is fun!
Education and learning environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches and gifts
Cons: Silent and boring at times
Regular shifts. Perfect to work part time with studies on the side and gives easy access to professors and solving difficulties about subjects. Great place to work while studying on campus.
Great work
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 28, 2015
I had a blast at work, able to tutor/mentor kids that needed some guidance. Learned a lot about myself as a person and gave me a new perspective of high school students.
Geat academic and working environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 27, 2015
Working at University of Texas at Arlington as a research assistant while pursuing graduate degree in chemistry was a good experience in getting exposure to the research culture.
Fun workplace
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), ArlingtonApril 16, 2015
It was fun working with the professors and the students.
It was challenging as well as opportunity to learn,
Overall, I am very happy working here.
Open Session Tutor Clinic
Physics Tutor (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Fast-pace, multi-tasking (switching from subject to subject)
Cons: Not enough hours to work
I engendered group studying for the clinic and with my fellow students. I quickly learned that everyone has their own style of learning methods. Adapting to different methods of tutoring was a great learning experience for me. Meeting new people and exploring their fascination with physics was very enjoyable. The subjects that seemed to be difficult for students were those that had intangibles with respect to that field i.e modern physics (specifically wave-mechanics). Extrapolating these ideas into a clear and concise manner took time for me to develop in order to help other students comprehend those fundamental properties.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Assistant / Student Worker (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 29, 2015
Work atmosphere is friendly and the people are cool and amiable. Hours are scheduled as per ones availability. Co-workers are very friendly and understanding.
Learning Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant on campus.(Part-time) (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 3, 2015
Place to learn and understand a whole different environment.
Great support from the professors.
Exchange of views is highly impressive.
Great Place to Work
Special Programs Coordinator (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: lots of on campus activities
Cons: paying for parking
Great place to work.
Great people and students to work with.
The most enjoyable part is working with the students and scholarship recipients.
Overall Good Employment for part-time student/ Work Study
Peer Academic Leader (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 1, 2015
Pros: networking, good job experience/skills
Cons: pay/compensation
Working at University college at UT Arlington was a good overall experience in terms of building experience. It is a good place to start out on the resume building. The pay could be better but you can say that about anywhere you work these days, especially if its part-time.
Relaxed and enjoyable working environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Freedom to explore my own initiative. Was able to be my own boss and help other students achieve their goals in making the best grades possible.
Thanks UTA!
Marketing Intern for the College Park District (Current Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Working at UT Arlington is always great experience. I was able to learn a lot through hands on experience to help me prepare me into the job world. I thank UTA for everything it has done to help me mold my career into an even better one
Great work environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Maintaining department website and help students if they have any issues
nice place to work
compensation is good
Co-workers are very friendly and helpful
Challenging...challenging!
Graduate Research Student (Current Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 1, 2015
Lots of fun, different duties, allowed to make mistakes, and fix them, but...challenging...you have a lot of challenges to overcome here, all related to your research though
The ability to teach was great
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 13, 2015
I taught 2 courses per semester. I enjoyed teaching and trying to help the students, especially those student who were really interested in learning and those students who had to take the courses as a requirement for getting a degree, but who would never use the language.
In my opinion, such requirement is a waste. Once in college, students should have more courses that will help them in their chosen field of study.
I did enjoy the friendships created at school.
Very diversive, vibrant, and active place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), ArlingtonJanuary 13, 2015
In UTA, I had to work with undergrad students in physics labs. This job gave me an opportunity to interact with people of intelligent and inquisitive minds, and dispersive cultures. In addition, I have had privilege to brush up the basics of physics which often we overlook due to overwhelming workload during graduate life. Further, it helped me to learn organizing multi-tasking jobs (e.g. organizing course works, research, and teaching at labs ) efficiently. Moreover, it gave me a chance to build up a friendly working environment between co-workers by participating in group discussions and exchanging work experiences. The most challenging part of my employment period was to teach non-science major students since very basics of physics even sound jargon to them. However, it was the most satisfactory part of my job as well. Because I had to be very innovative and patient to present physics as very interesting and comprehensible before them. I took that challenge, and students' evaluation at end got me to believing that I was quit successful.
Great place
Medical Assisting Instructor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 31, 2014
Pros: classes, people
Cons: wished for more hours
LOVE IT, class size is small, new class, eager to learn. Great Job
Great work/life balance
Coordinator III, Special Programs (Office Manager) (Former Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 10, 2014
Exposure to innovation and a diverse student population can be a continuation of your own education.

1 2 3 4 5