University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

Best place for research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  The university of Texas at ArlingtonOctober 28, 2016
- Great place for research
- Lots of research opportunities
- Fun life loaded with lots of activities
- safe and secure environment
- Management is very supportive
great
Interim Program Director- (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Awesome organization that cares about their client. The President is amazing and anyone would be fortunate to work for such a great company
Full schedule of classes.
Student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 30, 2016
Beginning with core classes and all of the other classes and labs that are required for your specific degree, you will have a very busy schedule to keep.
Excellence working experience
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 9, 2016
Excellence working experience in the university of texas at Arlington. Everyone in here is really nice to me and good culture
Very interactive
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I loved working as a student. We had a fun environment and hte hours were flexible. I would recommend all students to apply here.
good university to study
Graduate teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 12, 2016
It is a great chance for me to study at UTA, I have many good friends and they help me alot. In addition, there are alot of civil engineering equipment that people can use.
Best Job for Student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 6, 2016
I worked as a GTA. This is one of the best jobs for any international student. I used to work 20 hours a week. I also got to work on a research project.
Ok
Maintenance Worker II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 31, 2016
While working there, there was a lot of work for one person and the wage was low.It is a ok place to work. I do not know if I would go back.
Pros
People
Cons
Job
student employment vvery flexible
Graduate Recruitment Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 10, 2016
I loved working here as student, they give you the chance to set your own schedule and work really well with your schedule. The supervisors are really nice too
Fun place to work at
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2016
People are very friendly and supportive. There is always something to learn. Has a conductive environment where you can expand your career. Hardest part is long working hours but have one hour break with compensates.
Pros
1 hr break
Taxing yet rewarding place
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 3, 2016
Working as a Police Officer on a college campus is a taxing experience both good and bad. One minute you are on a traffic stop, the next minute you could be taking a theft report, or assault report. Cant pin a single review with all the excitement and boredom that may result from a single hour as a police officer
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad people
Great Place for water resources engineer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 6, 2016
This place benefits from many sophisticated faculties. And many faculties and staff used to continue their own research or perusing for higher degrees aside their job at UTA.
learned a lot, and would still be there if not for tuition issues
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 21, 2016
enjoyed working with such professional and experienced individuals, really good people to work with, but a full time student load on top of working there can create some small issues, I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with the researchers, professors, as well as the very in-depth background experience of the individuals that are full time staff.
Nice environment and coworkers
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76013May 6, 2016
As a student working in a computer Lab, I had all the time to study at work while there was nothing to do. Great team and coworkers willing to help you out when needed.
Pros
Great job for students
Cons
Low pay, not much career advancement
great place to work,friendly coworkers,good environment good place to learn and great advancement
Cook (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 25, 2016
arrive friday prep meats,and vegatables for weekend brunch,start shift at 5:00 am prepare brunch for 200 students and lunch menu items.prep for catering events and dinner service.learned batch cooking,hot and cold food prep.great managers,not afraid to assist when needed,friendly coworkers great place to work.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
breaks
Well disciplined and productive
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 2, 2016
In this job, i found myself to become work in time, energetic.
It was a friendly weather to work with the professor and students as a teaching assistant.
Great for Student Employees
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 22, 2016
I was a part-time student teacher volunteering in the ASSURE program to help teach younger undergrads how to apply the scientific method to research. It taught me advanced techniques for both teaching, speaking, and scientific research. My supervisor, although hard to understand, was a GRA who ran the lab very smoothly and was almost always able to get us the supplies we needed. My co-workers would all make sure everyone was on track, gathering together if there was a problem and picking the best course of action. It built teamwork and problem solving. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a contamination in the broth we were using. One of my coworkers and I were able to track down the source of the contamination and eradicate it after it had been there for over 2 years. Solving this problem was the most enjoyable part of my job while I was there. It went unnoticed because the Pseudomonas(the contaminant) was almost identical to E.coli (the bacteria used in the experiments) in morphology, except for colony shape. Using isolation techniques, we figured out the vials in broths it was in, and eradicated it.
Good Work Enviroment
Physics Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 3, 2016
Learned how to work with a diverse group of individuals from around the world to complete a project I had no knowledge about when I started.
Pros
Great Learning Environment
Classic learning experience
Student Assistant - Stacks Management (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 4, 2016
This job is not a technical job usually an engineer like me seek. But the experience you can gain from this job is equally valuable as your technical knowledge. You get management, supervising, project management, event organising skills.
Pros
Flexible hours, god work environment
Cons
Nothing I experienced
Productive and fun Place to work for if you are a student
Student Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 26, 2016
The job responsibilities include solving problems that arise with the printers and computers in the labs and provide customer support
Pros
Managers are understanding
Cons
Low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Arlington. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4