University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

productive place
Access Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 11, 2016
amazing company. I have learned a lot from here.
Friendly environment. Flexible with time schedule. good repot with colleagues. Needs expertise in Ms Excel.
Productive work area with gadgets to relax and recover
Graduate Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 26, 2015
Enough gadget and resources for any type of person to relax and get back to work anytime. Professors are so attached to everyone in helping and solving every persons problem.
Pros
good work culture, motivating environment
Cons
Completely professional but people are very friendly which helps us have a good work relationship without troubles.
Graduate Reserch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Well, its always good to start your day here with sudden surprises by professor who brings free doughnuts. But adding to that, the co-workers are really sweet and that helps to have a good day at work no matter how bad previous night would have been.
Professional experience was gained without a doubt but beyond that, personally learned how to keep the balance between work and home life from my co-workers who had loads of experience in this.
Hardest part was to handle undergraduate students who tend to be playful at times in the lab.
Most enjoyable would be purely the research on my topic and weekly meetings with the company managers to whom I had to report.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Managing students could get hard at times.
Descent School
Graduate research assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 7, 2015
It is not a class A school, but it is certainly a good one, and specially in the field of engineering it is growing fast.

They are giving admission to lots of talented students from Asia and Africa who for the financial reasons cannot go to very top schools, but they can afford it in Texas, and they are doing a fantastic job bringing creativity and good work to this university.

Campus life is also getting better with the increasing number of students who are bringing more college life style to the campus.
Uta
Studio Theater Makeup Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 4, 2015
It was a work-study job for me that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was only able to work up to 19 hours a week, but that was enough as I was going to school Full time at the same time.
I loved the job, but they couldn't hire me due to the lack of funds in the theater department. I learned a lot there and will miss it.
Interesting and Exciting place to work
UTSI Peer Educator and Mentor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 12, 2015
I used to work here along with my studies and my duty was to provide more emphasis on students academics and on their doubts. The hardest part of the job was to deal with different and diverse range of students and it was the the most enjoyable part of the job as well.
Open Session Tutor Clinic
Physics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 14, 2015
I engendered group studying for the clinic and with my fellow students. I quickly learned that everyone has their own style of learning methods. Adapting to different methods of tutoring was a great learning experience for me. Meeting new people and exploring their fascination with physics was very enjoyable. The subjects that seemed to be difficult for students were those that had intangibles with respect to that field i.e modern physics (specifically wave-mechanics). Extrapolating these ideas into a clear and concise manner took time for me to develop in order to help other students comprehend those fundamental properties.
Pros
Fast-pace, multi-tasking (switching from subject to subject)
Cons
Not enough hours to work
long-time employee
Database Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 11, 2015
I have worked at UTA for over 20 years. The University offers a great work environment. Nice people who will go above and beyond to get things done.
Pros
Nice landscaping
Cons
parking is expensive
Great environment for future studio engineers
Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 8, 2015
Great place to gain experience
learned many things from studio setup to running a full session and working on recording projects
Pros
Free access to professional studio and equipment 24/
Cons
No pay, and ends when you graduate
The ability to teach was great
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 13, 2015
I taught 2 courses per semester. I enjoyed teaching and trying to help the students, especially those student who were really interested in learning and those students who had to take the courses as a requirement for getting a degree, but who would never use the language.
In my opinion, such requirement is a waste. Once in college, students should have more courses that will help them in their chosen field of study.
I did enjoy the friendships created at school.
Overall Good Employment for part-time student/ Work Study
Peer Academic Leader (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 1, 2015
Working at University college at UT Arlington was a good overall experience in terms of building experience. It is a good place to start out on the resume building. The pay could be better but you can say that about anywhere you work these days, especially if its part-time.
Pros
Networking, Good job experience/skills
Cons
Pay/compensation
Design/Fabrication of Race car (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 25, 2015
The greatest university that i have attended so far. The technological advancements are amazing. Fun work place with supportive management.
Pros
Technological advancements
Cons
Too crowded
Not as good as you think
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 8, 2014
The insurance benefits are not that good. You pay more out of pocket. Job security is not there. No raises in over 6 years and there is no support from the administrators. Management looks out for #1 and does not back the employee at all. In many years, I saw more turnover because of the people in management. A typical day is filled with stress and your are consistently worrying about losing your job if someone does not like you. Since there was never enough personnel, it was hard to take any time off and then you lose your vacation time to sick time at the end of the fiscal year. Sick time is not paid to you when you leave. The only thing that was enjoyable was helping the students.
Pros
Free insurance
Cons
No time off
It was a enjoyable learning place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 14, 2014
The workplace here was very enjoyable as the colleagues are friendly, helpful and respect each other. We used to do research related to materials science and electrochemical energy conversion and storage systems such as lithium ion battery, fuel cell catalysts, fuel cell membrane, and photo-electrochemical systems etc. I used to learn mostly because we had a culture of having weekly group meeting where each of us used to discuss the problems and probable solutions.
A satisfying step in my career in health care
Health Educator for "New Connections (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 20, 2013
See Resume description. I created the Health Education curriculum and continuously update the literature, handouts and information as new information evolved. Example the Food Pyramid changed in 2011. I was part of a three person teaching team and filled in when necessary for the Parenting Instructor or the Relationship and Recovery Instructor. I found the work satisfying and enjoyed being part of the teaching team.
As all Universities it is a great place to learn and experience life!
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 17, 2013
Working as a Graduate Assistant with all types of professors is absolutely great because you learned a lot about yourself and how to work with others professionally.

The University of Texas at Arlington is a great place to work and study. It is a place were if you work hard, all your dream of education became a beautiful reality!

So, Dream Big! And Study hard!
Pros
Great University life!
Cons
Difficult to find parking space!
Productive Area with Various Activities
Student Assistant English Language Institute (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 20, 2014
On a typical work day I would interact with members from very diverse backgrounds and culture. For example, I would meet students from Saudi Arabia, China, Japan, and India who came to the United States to learn English.
I learned how to file, locate, and organize the documents which were placed in my care.
Management was great, since they were supportive and understanding.
Fun work environment with exceptional mentors
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 18, 2013
As a lab technician assigned to create a cysteine dioxygenase mutant I was primarily involved in generating the mutant as well as confirming the correct sequence for the generated mutant DNA. My direct superior was both informative as well as understanding, which to me created an ideal work environment. The procedure to generate the CDO mutants required optimization in order to work correctly. The most frustrating and difficult part of this assignment was the troubleshooting and optimization of the protocol. However, the sense of accomplishment garnered when success was attained more than made up for any frustration. I would gladly continue work in this setting were it a possibility.
Enjoyable work environment
Games Area Mechanic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TxFebruary 20, 2012
I was able to work with kind co-workers, in and enjoyable environment. Learned to actively supervise a small group of co-workers,and now train new employees in all duties performed regularly. Both began as new experiences but became easier because the environment encouraged both growth and accountability.
Pros
nice people, nice environment, many learning and personal growth opportunities.
UTA review
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 19, 2015
UTA is the best university in North Texas for one who want to both work and be at school. The University of Texas at Arlington can provide online education for people already holding a job outside of the campus.
Pros
well managed. goof reputation. perfect academics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Arlington. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4