University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

The programs and education you receive are fantastic
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 2, 2017
I chose UTA over my state university because of its prestige in CS.
The professors are approachable for the most part, and there's a lot of opportunity to help.
Excellence working experience
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 9, 2016
Excellence working experience in the university of texas at Arlington. Everyone in here is really nice to me and good culture
Full schedule of classes.
Student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 30, 2016
Beginning with core classes and all of the other classes and labs that are required for your specific degree, you will have a very busy schedule to keep.
friendly and Productive Workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 27, 2016
Most days my supervisor meets with all of his group research members to discuss priorities and check progress of every day tasks. Therefore, I get in early to prepare everyday schedule. On a typical day last week, we have the project team meeting and after that sometimes we have a lunch together which is the best time for communication between students and professor. The hardest part of my job is, I usually have to work on weekend. However, as my co-workers and I know about other's projects, we all try to finish our duties to help others and this is really enjoyable to work as a team and best time to involve in a research project and learn valuable points.
Work Study
Library (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 23, 2016
UTA works with my school schedule perfectly and are very accommodating. Their people at the Library Systems trained me to be the best at my job and I am confident in my work and my managing team.
Provides lastest PeopleSoft products to do your job.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 22, 2016
Nice place to work in a complex environment with nice co-workers. Getting to use the latest PeopleSoft products for commitment control, commitment accounting and Hyperion Planning and Budgeting have made UTA a productive learning workplace. I have enjoyed my service here at the university
Good stuff
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2016
The term "21st-century skills" is generally used to refer to certain core competencies such as collaboration, digital literacy, critical thinking, and problem-solving that advocates believe schools need to teach to help students thrive in today's world. In a broader sense, however, the idea of what learning in the 21st century should look like is open to interpretation—and controversy.
Ok
Maintenance Worker II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 31, 2016
While working there, there was a lot of work for one person and the wage was low.It is a ok place to work. I do not know if I would go back.
Pros
People
Cons
Job
Best place for research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  The university of Texas at ArlingtonOctober 28, 2016
- Great place for research
- Lots of research opportunities
- Fun life loaded with lots of activities
- safe and secure environment
- Management is very supportive
Transition
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 21, 2016
It's a good place to be at if you are looking for flexible hours while you attend school.
My coworkers are hardworking but also very approachable when it comes to issues not related to work.
The hardest part of the job is trying to balance tasks because there is a lot of freedom in how you can go about approaching things,
The best part is coming in to work and happy to work alongside the people you are employed with because the environment is so nice.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No insurance

Want to know more about University of Texas at Arlington?

Ask a question
A perfect place for students to work
Graduate Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 17, 2016
 Taught Statistics and Java to undergraduate and graduate students on a weekly basis.
 Assisted faculties in grading exams, and homeworks as well as organizing the course materials for almost 150 students
 Gathered data from different journals for two professors.
Good, growing university program
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 16, 2016
UTA is a good, growing university and the music and theater departments are attracting better students each year. The faculty is strong and easy to work with. The students are both the best and most difficult part of the job.
Pros
No micromanagement, positive environment
Best Job for Student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 6, 2016
I worked as a GTA. This is one of the best jobs for any international student. I used to work 20 hours a week. I also got to work on a research project.
A very good learning experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 26, 2016
My learning curve is something much steeper than a normal bell curve and often felt that as a gift. I have worked and learned over the course of my masters and that thing, working with a team and actually to be accepted to be one to work on something make me feel important and would do anything to make it work.

Honesty and hard work always pays they say, i would say the same.
Pros
good team, good professor.
Cons
Stay away from the library
Job title no longer exists (Former Employee) –  LibrarySeptember 21, 2016
The Dean and her assistant continue using a vindictive, unethical management style based on whim and cronyism. Staff turnover is huge. Whether professional or classified, staff members never know where they stand from one day to the next. Don't go there. These are horrible people.
Cons
Unstable, vindictive management style, poor communication. Scorched earth management style. Human Resources facilitates deplorable actions.
Fun work place, nice co-workers
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 17, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work for high-quality research and good life-work balance. The NTU is one of the best research institute in SIngapore may be the world. The facility here is one of the best in Asia and supporting staffs are very nice to people and they are very helpful.
good university to study
Graduate teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 12, 2016
It is a great chance for me to study at UTA, I have many good friends and they help me alot. In addition, there are alot of civil engineering equipment that people can use.
student employment vvery flexible
Graduate Recruitment Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 10, 2016
I loved working here as student, they give you the chance to set your own schedule and work really well with your schedule. The supervisors are really nice too
Great Place for water resources engineer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 6, 2016
This place benefits from many sophisticated faculties. And many faculties and staff used to continue their own research or perusing for higher degrees aside their job at UTA.
Great for Student Employees
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 22, 2016
I was a part-time student teacher volunteering in the ASSURE program to help teach younger undergrads how to apply the scientific method to research. It taught me advanced techniques for both teaching, speaking, and scientific research. My supervisor, although hard to understand, was a GRA who ran the lab very smoothly and was almost always able to get us the supplies we needed. My co-workers would all make sure everyone was on track, gathering together if there was a problem and picking the best course of action. It built teamwork and problem solving. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a contamination in the broth we were using. One of my coworkers and I were able to track down the source of the contamination and eradicate it after it had been there for over 2 years. Solving this problem was the most enjoyable part of my job while I was there. It went unnoticed because the Pseudomonas(the contaminant) was almost identical to E.coli (the bacteria used in the experiments) in morphology, except for colony shape. Using isolation techniques, we figured out the vials in broths it was in, and eradicated it.