University of Texas at Austin Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Administrative Assistant II - CV Surgery (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
Supports team work with excellent staff. Excellent doctors. Diverse culture. Supportive management. The most enjoyable part of this job is having time to spend with your patients.
Easy going workplace
Graphic Designer/Video Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 14, 2017
Not too much work -- loved the management and my coworkers. I would definitely recommend people to work here. I would stay longer if I could! Sometimes it's slow, but if you like environments like that, this job is perfect.
None at this time
Austin, Texas - Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2017
I do not have a review to share at this time. I do not have anything els further to share about this company. Please inform me on how to elaborate on the sharing of this company.
If you are interested in research this is a great place to work
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2017
Genetics lab research on the model plant arabidopsis thaliana. Great lab and great people who provide a nurturing work environment where the main goal is to learn more about the techniques by understanding the concepts behind them.
Pros
Great work environment, Exceptional learning prospect
Understanding to student workers.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2017
I've worked in three different departments at UT Austin, and all were great for students. The employers I had took the time to accommodate the ever changing schedules of their student employees.
Work life balance
Senior IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2017
A good environment if you want a 8-5 pm job with decent benefits. This would be a great place to work for if you have competing priorities outside of work (family, side work, etc.)
Pros
slow environment
Cons
slow environment
Very fun place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2017
Working for the alumni Association was fun indeed. No only do you have your normal duties, but you also have fun activities such as travel, football games and in-house social functions.
Pros
College environment
Cons
No very much mobility for people stayed in positions upwards of 10 yrs.
Excellent work environment
Academic Coach, Instructional Connections (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2017
A place where the student is put first The faculty are always available and the team has great cohesion. The students are motivated and the work/life balance is very good
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Limited pay
Great work environment, casual
PMO - Sr Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 29, 2017
I was assigned a specific project at the university, so it may not have been typical of the campus experience. Even though it was a casual environment, there were deadlines and expectations outside of the normal campus activities. Management was not great and the project was not well received on campus.
Pros
very casual, you can wear just about whatever you want.
Cons
very slow paced and very political
Very fun and great learning environement.
ELECTRO-PHYSIOLOGIST INTERN ATKINSON LAB. (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 29, 2017
Very Fascinating and engaging place to work. Great Supervisors and co-workers. Great learning experience. Intellectually stimulating and rewarding work.
Stimulating educational environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
Facilitated learning for students on many topics pertaining to the human body. Held office hours and discussions for students to maximize their knowledge in a fun and engaging way.
Pros
Health care included
It's all about management
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
I would have had a much better experience if management was solid. I was only there for a few months before I left and a couple months after, the rest of the staff I worked with left as well. Be sure the department you apply for has a good reputation for management.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management/leadership
fun place to work
Research Dissemination Manager, Communications (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 26, 2017
It's a great place to work. The staff in general is really friendly and positive, and it's fun working for a major research institution. Some of the entry level salaries don't seem like they have kept up with the cost of living of Austin.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 24, 2017
Learned about different programming skills used in Electrical Engineering.

Workplace was good.

Management is good as well.

Hardest part was sometimes there were some students who would complain for marks.

Enjoyable was to proctor their exam.
Pros
Cons
no motivation
Good university to study at and work with
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2017
Good work environment where individuals are treated with respect and given the opportunity to thrive. I have worked for UT in a number of capacities and appreciated every experience I had.
Productive and fun workplace
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2017
I really liked all the people I worked with, they were focused and fun to be around. They pushed me to work harder and also have fun at the same time.
Flexible and relaxed environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2017
Potential opportunities to participate in organic projects is attractive, but change management implementation is a nightmare within the current culture.
Pros
Flexible and relaxed environment
Cons
Salary range and career development is stagnant
Good Place To Work
Assistant Director, Internal Audits (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2017
UT Austin is a great place to work. People genuinely take pride in their job since it directly affects the education of our students. What starts here really does change the world.
Pros
Pride, Benefits, Great City (Austin)
Cons
Commute is horrible, limited telecommuting opportunities
Fun Place to work
Independent Researcher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 16, 2017
I have been working in UT Austin for more than 5 years as instructor/teaching assistant. The overall experience is positive. The people are passionate and talented.
Great experience
Co-PI Researcher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2017
Working in the Center for Science and Mathematics Education was wonderful.
I was able to be a Co-Principal Investigator on 2 major research projects as I finished my Ph.D. research work.
Many of the people I worked with were incredible.
This position led to my work as a consultant for Info2Knowledge, LLC where I gained more experience and skills as a qualitative and quantitative researcher.
Cons
Was promised a full-time position, alas due to cutbacks that did not happen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Austin. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4