University of Texas at Austin Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work, friendly staff
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Port Aransas, TXMay 22, 2016
I'm currently the night shift security guard. So the hours I work I interact only rarely with the rest of the faculty and staff. But from what I've seen it seems like a pretty relaxed environment.
Pros
Good Benefit package
Cons
Little chance of promotion
Good place for research
Good professor
easy access to journals
Good benefit
Good laboratory
Pros
Time free, Good benefit
Cons
Hot weather, low salary
Works
Separation Research Program Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2016
I had this job when I was in UT-Austin. I was guided by two professional technicians. They are really up in their game and extremely proficient in what they are doing.
Also, I am truly thankful for the kind team leader for helping me and recommending me to numerous universities.
Working at UT
Research Associate Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2016
My time here at the university has been a tremendously rewarding experience and has enriched my skills as a scientist. The work is challenging and I have never stopped learning as a result.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No parking
Open door policy, lots of opportunities for advancement.
Clerk 1 Clerk 11 Clerk 111 (Former Employee) –  P.O.Box 7399 Austin, Texas 78713-7399May 8, 2016
A typical day at work would be hard to explain. I wore many hats during an eight hour shift,
The daily duties would rotate based on any given day of the monthly cycle.
The hardest part if the job was being able to see all the projects in a completed state.
Pros
A lot of artistic, entertainment, culture events
Cons
Unable to handle the growth of the work force.
Great TA job
Teacher's Assistant in Machine Tool Operation (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2016
Great TA job as I was in school. flexible hours, fun environment, great people to work with, Gave me experience I needed.
Wonderful but confusing
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2016
Working as a researcher at UT Austin is fantastic in terms of other committments, but the structure of payment is not well explained, and you pay severely in terms of benefits when you take on the position without much information on how it affects your insurance.
Pros
Good amounts of free time
Cons
Confusing, financially inferior to common alternatives
Great coworkers and management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2016
Excellent management made things always go smoothly. Typical reception desk tasks including light administrative work and maintaining office appearance.
Pros
Good working environment, friendly coworkers and managers
Great place to advance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2016
wonderful co-corkers and have learned and progressed my computer skills over the years. The insurance is affordable for the family. They also have classes for you to be able to advance in your job.
Pros
great insurance benefits
Cons
traffic going home is very bad
Exciting workplace with great student athletes.
Exec. Asst. to the Executive Sr. Associate AD (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2016
Interacting with Division 1 student athletes on a daily basis is a great benefit. Academics is a vital part of any student athletes experience and this group of advisers and
Pros
Free access to all sporting events
Flexible job schedule and great work environment
Student Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2016
Management is comprehensive and flexible hours to work. It is a great work environment with supportive coworkers. Everyone shows great customer service skills when helping people who come to game days. We care for the overall experience of the people coming to the events and will be of service on any possible way. The boss is really supportive, energetic, and understanding towards the employees, and will look out for them. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and seeing that this job is worth it because you bring them happiness and comfort. The hardest part of the job is to handle a difficult problem that comes across when you do not have the answer to the question but I have learned to figure it out and come up with solutions.
Pros
Encouraging environment, the boss is open to hear the opinions of others
Cons
Time varies with events available
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2016
Benefits are great.
Training is always available and offered.
Management is great.
Employee moral is great.
Pay could be better.
Great University
French Tutor, Tutor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2016
I enjoyed lab very much. Gave me a passion for the sciences and data analysis
• Cultured bacteriophages and bacterium in order to analyzed genetic mutations within bacteriophages
• Perform statistical analysis and develop methods to clean and sequence DNA
• Presented research, posters, oral presentations, laboratory techniques, research reviews, and data/results on a national and international level on weekly basis
• Worked with team of undergraduates to develop strain of bacteriophages that targeted various types of bacterium
a nice university to spend life on
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 31, 2016
good work life balance, compensation is fair, and the culture is attractive. For people like big city life, this might not be the place to go.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
TX Parents
Texas Parents (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 23, 2016
I would do this job again if I wasnt so sick all the time and I could handle being at school all day. I was so young when I did this and loved it.
Great student job
Certified Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2016
Its great to work on campus in an environment where you can learn and grow into becoming a confident group ex instructor.
The work environment provided employees with a sense of security and unity, allowing for an overall positive, optimistic atmosphere at the university
Assistant Building Attendant Leader (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2016
The University of Texas at Austin has been a wonderful step in my present work experience. The coworkers are all supportive and encourage one another to perform his or her best each day, making for a more suitable working environment.
UT Austin
Associate Professor of Military Science (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 13, 2016
This is one of the best assignments I have had in my military career. The leadership has its priorities in the right places.
A great learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2016
This is a really great opportunity for those that think they might be interested in going to graduate school but might be unsure. I was able to work alongside many passionate people and it was a great experience.
Pros
Learn a lot about research
Cons
None that I can think of
Fun school to attend with a lot of work to have me prepared for the future job
Senior Design Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 1, 2016
The school promoted a proper learning environment with so much flexibility to adjust the pressure. Projects assigned by professors were similar or resembling real life work environment challenges. There was great team work in the assigned project with classmates as well as professors. The hardest part of the job was to break down new concepts that were incorporated in the projects, and the most enjoyable part of the projects we did was coming out with the most effective solution to the problems presented in the projects.
Pros
very good learning environment, good rapport between students and instructors
Cons
computers froze most of the time we were working on the projects

4.4