University of Texas at Austin

University of Texas at Austin Employee Reviews

Wonderful students and impressive facilities
Assistant Professor of French Literature (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: great libraries; town; weather; students
Great university in a great town. I was constantly impressed by the students and the facilities. There were lots of opportunities to get involved in the larger intellectual community. Public transportation to and from the University is also to be commended.
Excellent workplace if you love to learn.
Research Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Highly intelligent and personable staff, workplace culture the best I've ever seen, mentally engaging work and overall atmosphere.
Cons: No employee benefits unless an appointed staff member (PHD, etc.) Limited advancement opportunity.
The Separation Research Program at the J.J. Pickle Research Campus was a fantastic place to work. A very small group of highly intelligent and resourceful people, the SRP team produces work and research data of the highest caliber.
Great Company
Intern-Film Editor and Media Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TexasMay 18, 2015
The RTF Department is full of great people doing great things. Everyone there is more than willing to work to make sure the students are getting the best experiences possible.
UT at Austin
Starbucks Barista- Student Activity Center (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 15, 2015
Best educational experience ever had. The University of Texas at Austin is the best place to be when it comes to diversity.
University of Texas System
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2015
Great environment, lots of opportunities for learning and advancement if one is willing to put in the effort; wonderful benefits.
Bad Experience with Lab Manager
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free Food
Cons: Lack of evaluation or means to improve in work performance
I was a Teachers' Assistant for the Introductory Biology Labs. The labs were well organized and I felt they were beneficial to students. After working as a Teachers' Assistant for the labs for some time, the Manager of the Labs took me aside and told me that I was, "one of the weakest Teachers' Assistant employed there." I understand this is a legitimate evaluation, however the manager did not tell me in what areas I was weak, or how I could improve in these areas (in retrospect, I should have asked.) It seems like, since The University of Texas is an educational institution, there should be a decent amount of room to identify areas of weakness in teaching and allow the Teachers' Assistant to improve in these areas, however this culture was not present for Teachers' Assistants in the Introductory Biology Labs.
Long hours and low pay.
Research Lab Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 5, 2015
Job often required long hours and the pay was low with no benefits. Grad students often piled on projects with little thought to deadlines.
Exceptional nursing program
Mentor, Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 4, 2015
Multiple opportunities abound at the University and the School of Nursing for career advancement and personal growth.
Productive Environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), AustinApril 29, 2015
About University of Texas at Austin:

- Productive Environment
- Diverse student body
- Beautiful campus and city
- Affordable student housing options
- Engaging professors
Enjoyable hands on work experience with a friendly staff
Facilities Services Project Worker (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work involved working on various maintenance and upkeep projects around the library, such as painting study rooms or moving new furniture in and out of study areas. Co-workers and management were helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy furniture objects and moving large objects through doorways.
Productive and Fun Workplace. No Vacations allowed ever.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Embraced the power of rapid prototyping and 3D printing.
Cons: No breaks, and would rather spend 5k on something we didn't need than 300 on a sensor we did.
Worked there for about a year and was let go after leaving for a 1 week vacation. Claimed to be "Work Study", yet was purely Work. That said, it was still an educational and fun working environment due to awesome coworkers. Leadership needed to get themselves ironed out though. Heard conflicting directions from management and my boss multiple times.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 18, 2015
Had the opportunity to work with lots of great people on a multitude of projects and learned a lot while I was there. I collected and analyzed data as well as interviewed participants.
we take care of our client health by affording a healthy and beautiful environment
assistant building attendant leader (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 6, 2015
I have to lead 2 persons at the normal days and this number raise to 8 when I replace my crew leader so I do my job plus his job and I have to dissolve any problem we can figure during our shift and sometimes we have to do the same job with missing of one or two person from the team so I suppose to have always plan B, but finally I enjoy working as a part of the team specially when we achieve our goals.
TA for an undergrad course
ARM M0 Processor (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 1, 2015
Had a wonderful experience as TA. Helped me gain exposure on handling classes and assisting students in circuit lab sessions. Professor was helpful in conducting sessions. Very good university
Great place for students, with excellent management and people.
Information Research Student Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 27, 2015
I loved working at UT. I could fit my schedule to my school and always felt like management understood that school came first. Excellent place to work for students.
Work study
Student Work (Former Employee), Edinburg, txMarch 23, 2015
Research and development
• Assisted professors in research in business topics and mathematical solutions in regional business markets.
• Participated in financial and operational data driven studies.
• Managed and leaded projects between professors, students, and organizations.
Psychology was a decent job
University of Texas at Austin, Psychology (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 18, 2015
I worked here after I first got married. It was a stable fairly easy job. I enjoyed all of the students I would see and the professors that were hired. I learned about manuscripts and resumes
a serious workplace
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 18, 2015
Cons: the salary is not the ideal
At least in the places and jobs where I worked there was motivation and a healthy exchange of ideas between instructors, professors and the Teacher and researcher assistants. I felt stimulated to learn and to develop innovative ways to approach the classroom and received positive feedback from the students.
Self managing position
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 18, 2015
I appreciated the autonomy that came with this job, as long as I got my work done, I could set up my schedule any way I pleased. The people at the job were all very friendly, and the supervisor was the best.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: healthcare, vacation time
I have great coworkers at UT, and love the work I do to help students achieve their goals! The work is usually predictable, and there is usually a lot of support/training to help you succeed in your role.

1 2 3 4 5