University of Texas at Austin

University of Texas at Austin Employer Reviews

Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 22, 2014
The hours contracted is not what you go in for: it actually requires you to spend half of that time to review the material, and learn the material--so you can guide students. The tuition break it gives can make your student loan at 0: that is if you are economic with your stipend.
great employer, and I learned a LOT
Machinist - Mechanical Engineering Machine Shop (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 9, 2014
The University of Texas was a great employer.
I worked as a Machinist in the Mechanical Engineering Machine Shop.
I learned how to safely run a Lathe, Mill, Drill, Surface Grinder, Induction Furnace, and other equipment.
I really enjoyed working as a Machinist in the Shop, and I learned a great deal.
Awesome Boss, flexible, great atmosphere
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 5, 2014
I work here with the work-study program. My boss is always flexible on hours when I have to take time off for exams. Everyone at work is always nice.
TA
Risk Management Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 2, 2014
Grade papers/essays. Enjoyable if you like the professor and topic.
competitive workplace with colleagues of international repute. High energy and demanding excellence in teaching and personal creative research.
Associate Professor of Studio Art (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 25, 2014
Faculty responsibilities are numerous and varied. Committee work, special events, projects, as well as regular classroom activities, demonstrations, class critiques, detailed grading, and paperwork.
productive and fast pace
Food Prep (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 20, 2014
A typical day would include keeping up with food demand as well as food temps. I learned how to work with others in a fast pace environment. the hardest part of the job was dealing with crowds in a timely manner while at the same time making sure that everyone was given the best customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting interesting – more... people. – less
A little piece of my Country every day
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: scholarships and excellent work environment
Cons: my schedule started to early in the morning
Assist Portuguese Language Department's on preparing material for classes; gathering cultural information about Brazil to students; Tuttoring students, clerical dutties
Great place to get experience, interesting work
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: interesting work, flexible schedule
Cons: pay isn't the best, steep learning curve in some cases
Getting an undergraduate research position is as simple as looking up professors in your field of study and emailing them about possible openings. See what an ECAC counselor has to say about it.

I would recommend this job for the student who is looking to see if graduate school or other research work is right for them.

Note: If you know you want to – more... go into industry immediately out of college, get an internship at least one of your summer semesters. – less
Exceptional learning environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2014
University promotes exceptional learning environment with a focus on building the leaders of the future.
Offers an excellent opporutnity to gain exposure to skills
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 28, 2014
In my job I work with a diverse group of federal, state, and district level educational professionals to provide school districts and state agencies with direct technical assistance related to program design and instructional delivery.
Great quality of life, poor leadership and advancement
Instructional Technology Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin TXFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: independence and great students/faculty
Cons: management
Excellent people to work with, but it is a bureaucracy at best.
Great place to be a graduate student
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2014
UT-Austin is a great place to do your graduate work. I can only speak for the Chemical Engineering department, but the resources available to all departments are great (rec sports, computing centers, health services, etc.). Good atmosphere to do academic research as well as live in an enjoyable city.
Dedicated research oriented institute
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Abundant academic activities, highly active participation in international scientific projects.
MD Anderson provided an amazing environment to learn
Graduate Student (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2014
UT MD Anderson was amazing place to work and I learned so much. There were no typical days in the lab. I worked with a very dynamic group of scientist who taught me everything from the basics of nucleic acid isolation to use of complex microscopy.
Great experience but poor compensation
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: poor compensation
I enjoyed working with the professor and other TAs in my class. We distribute work evenly and we are allowed to make our own schedule. It would have been nice if the job pays more.
Great energy between students and educator
Educator (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: sharing knowledge
Cons: no benefits
Sharing my expertise in photography and watching students win awards and start their own business is very rewarding.
Exciting opportunities for research and teaching
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2014
The University of Texas is an excellent employer with outstanding benefits. Alternatively, job security and advancement are slowing down in the current economy.
it is very professional place to work
Assistant, ESL Department (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2014
in order to work at University of Texas, I took some online classes such as work ethic, procedures and procedures. it was a part time job during my education. Management is always very helpful and mentoring for any situation.
hard work
Crew Leader and Materials Handler (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: steady check
Cons: everything else
Get your work orders for the day, and get them done as efficiently as possible always displaying the best customer service as possible. Leadership skills great customer service skills and how to drive a box truck. No comment on management, or my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was going to it knowing no matter how hard you work you will not – more... get any more money for it, and you will not be able to advance in your department or transfer to another without losing pay. The most enjoyable part about the job was we had a lot of freedom we weren't stuck in just one spot – less
Good Experience
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Self-employed contractor working with student properties in the UT campus area.

1 2 3 4 5