University of Texas at Austin

University of Texas at Austin Employer Reviews

Good environment to work
Research Assistant, Drug Delivery lab (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 18, 2014
Good faculty and research facility helped me acquire good knowledge in my field.
Working for UT provide great job security
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great retirement plan
Cons: no free lunch
A typical day at UT was mainly supervisor the patients and providing a safe work place for the nursing staff and the patient. The hardest part of my Job was going home. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I made a difference in my patience life.
Learning Expierence
Parking and Transportation (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 14, 2014
I had a more detailed learning experience at this job I was out in public and at any time pulled to the side for directions to a building/event on campus or how to get to I-35. I had a 40 percent customer interaction at my previous job so I had to break my shell if I wanted to be a more people person.

The only negative feedback I've had from the public – more... I had assisted in the past during my employment at UT were from those whom were upset with paying a parking fine they were clearly in the wrong. I wanted to be informative to those individuals I came in contact with during a citation on their vehicle for parking without a permit etc. Helpful, honest, courteous.

If I didn't have an answer, I found someone who did. I had a great group of co-workers on all shifts I've worked. Hardest part of the job was the re-scheduling with shifts constant rotation was hard for my family, my kids. Great part of the job was working with co-workers I considered family, the people that worked there, went to school there or visited made my days at work exciting. – less
Training Coordinator – Oil & Gas (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2014
There are a lot of moving pieces needed to complete a project.
Good place to be a TA
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: small workload
Cons: no advancement opportunities
My department/supervisor were relatively laid-back about TA responsibilities. Salary was good considering the number of hours worked.
Best of the best in college environments
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 29, 2014
Worked as an assistant instructor. Taught large and small classes as well as project managed a variety of events. Had great faculty, academic, and resource support throughout time there. Fine institution to be associated with.
Tons of great work but leadership doesn't care about employees
IT Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and flexible time off
Cons: director and executive leadership never rewards their employees money wise or even verbally
the staff management ratio is ridiculous..middle management is stuck..
Fell through the cracks
Graduate Research Assistant, Computational Physics (Former Employee), Austin,TXJune 24, 2014
Fell through the cracks here. No oversight. Lucky to get out alive.
UT HEALTH
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJune 24, 2014
GREAT JOB WITH GREAT BENEFITS ALOT OF WORK BUT I DID IT STILL EGILIBLE FOR RE HIRE
The example of awesome leadership
Military Science Instructor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJune 20, 2014
Pros: being a mentor, coach and teacher every day
Cons: long hours, 6 days a week
A great place to work. I learned that being assigned to the Academy, it strenghtened my teaching abilities.
Stimulating environment.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: i get to teach!
Cons: i have to teach!
I enjoyed my time as a T.A. I was surprised it was cut short. My lab sections were about 4 hours long. I arrive, typically, a half an hour early. I set up all the equipment. I review the lecture material, and set up the overhead for the presentation. When the lab section begins, I collect homework, take roll, and answer students' questions as they arrive.

I – more... learned to be very organized with my time. My supervisor gives great advice, which I followed to a "T". I liked all of my fellow TAs--everyone contributes equally to the creation of the week's quizzes.

The hardest part of the job is at the end of the day when you are tired of standing. Students are bustling around trying to finish up, and you must be aware of lab safety at all times. the most enjoyable time is quiz time. It's the only time the lab is completely quiet. – less
Lacks domestic partner benefits
Director-level position (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 29, 2014
Cons: no domestic partner benefits
Day to day, working at UT was fine. However, when it came to respecting my work and my civil rights, I felt ignored and undervalued. UT is not the place to go if you are looking for a competitive salary and equal rights for you and your family.
Excellent Supervisor
House and Stage Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 25, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, friendly atmosphere
My supervisor was totally understanding and supportive. I worked under limited supervision but I always felt like I could call on him to for help when I needed it.
Very fun workplace
I.D Checker (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 22, 2014
*Learned to learn several individuals names
* Hardest part was telling people you knew no
* Most enjoyable part was being outside on nice days
*Nice coworkers
it is a good school
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 18, 2014
Numerical and experimental study.
Have fun with my classmates
NA
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 13, 2014
I was a graduate assistant at UTEP not UTA. My experience at UTEP was priceless. I gained my sense of independence as an Athletic Trainer and became confident with my decisions.
The environment
Assistant to management team (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2014
The flexibility and the hours worked the best. The first and only job that allowed for my education and professional career to cross paths and work.
What starts here changes the world
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 5, 2014
the University of Texas at Austin is a very nice place to study and work. Austin is a beautiful city with a warm weather around the whole year. The professors in the university are knowledgeable and always there help their students.
Great work place
Office of the Dean of Students, Student Activities (Former Employee), AustinMay 2, 2014
Great people, Fun work, and casual. I was treated well and the managers were the best and they supported me.
great institution
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Arlington, TXApril 30, 2014
Great place to work with lots of opportunties,know your PI, before applying for postdoc

1 2 3 4 5