University of Texas at Austin Employee Reviews

It is an "Okay" place to work
Biology Lecturer (Former Employee), Austin, TX 78712August 21, 2015
It is a very large university. You will meet many different people. You need to learn to deal with different cultures. The university facilities are good.
Great environment for a starting job
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Gregory GymAugust 16, 2015
My typical day included teaching a one hour class motivating others and getting them to their highest fitness potentials. I learned how to effectively lead a group fitness class. Everything about this job was great!
UT - Austin
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Austin, TexasAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Great work environment!
Cons: The students come and go...
The University of Texas at Austin is an amazing place to work and study. The university has seemingly unlimited resources to support the efforts of the faculty, staff and students. The greatest challenge is being there long enough to learn about all the resources. Many of the staff have been there for more than 20 years!
research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 11, 2015
very flexible work hours.
fun people to work with.
management was nice.
hardest part of the job was getting the projects to go.
Demanding
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TexasAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Stressful, lack of compensation, no PTO.
The University of Texas is a very demanding place to work, especially for the lack of compensation one gets. I have met a lot of nice people working here and the atmosphere is by far not the worst that I have been in. However, I think the amount of work that is asked of us and the amount that we get paid is very lopsided. Do not expect to get raises or bonuses here, because that is rare.
Overall experience
Assistant Grant Writer (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great work-life balance is possible
Cons: Pay was not great.
Great place to work with overall supportive management. One could achieve a work-life balance at certain positions within the University's administration. Overall, I highly recommend working at UT Austin.
Generally a fun and engaging work environment
Administrative Associate of Finance (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 31, 2015
A typical work day is 8-5 Monday through Friday
Learned many standard accounting/finance process for UT
Management lacked sufficient awareness of staff development
Coworkers were highly educated, skilled and engaging
Hardest part was not having a clearly defined mission or vision for department
Fun part of the job was working with motivated and driven staff and helping to support faculty in their work.
Health benefits
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Health benefits
Cons: No job advancement, turn around is very high, working hours were never consistent, poor management
no job advancement, no room to grow, dept manager was always out leaving employees and coordinator to make management decisions, then manager would disagree with decisions that were made while she was out of the office. Dept manager was out so much then was on social media and employees could see where she was at when she wasn't on vacation. Poor management.
great creative outlet
"Dgzin" team member (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 17, 2015
Pros: fun enviorment
Cons: duties arent clearly defined
This job served as a great creative outlet. Every team member was required to pitch in new ideas. The pay wasn't great but the experience gained from working here is priceless.
Review about UT Austin
Field Surveyor (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 14, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
I learned how to troubleshoot hardware problems in over 150 classrooms around campus. A typical day's work involved responding to issues from various locations, dispatching, and communicating with coworkers about issues in the field. The hardest part of the job was waking up before 6AM during the school year.
Great people with flexible environment
Peer Mentor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 14, 2015
If you get in the right place, it is easy to make a large university feel like a small family. Excellent research labs and resources. Working at a public university has its pros and cons but that is to be expected, especially in Texas.
good environment
building attending (Current Employee), AustinJuly 14, 2015
Pros: benefits
I have been working at UT for 3 years and I think is time to move on. I work in the night shift and this is the major reason because I would like to find a day time job
Productive place to work with committed professionals
Associate Director (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Too bottom line oreinted
I learned how to perform Director level work in a cost center.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting clients and developing relationships.
Good
MBA Candidate (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 6, 2015
I was there for one semester, and I found all my classmates to be friendly, my classes were enjoyable and my professors were knowledgeable.
Head boss was clueless
Scheduler/ Office Assistant (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 6, 2015
-Managed assignments for 17 research study interviewers
-Worked as liaison between clients and staff members to schedule a meeting to participate in a research study
-Assisted with work load of location director to ensure scheduled tasks are completed timely
-Interviewed research participants to collect data for the study
-This project worked with a very difficult demographic and with the main boss not being in touch with the project and people as a whole
Fun
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 6, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. A great amount of growth potential and opportunities for training and career development.
Very good place to work and retire
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Secure employment, environmentally clean place
Cons: Non at all
One the best places to live in USA is Texas and one of the best places to work in Texas is the University of Texas System. Typical day starts with getting to your desk and reviewing what you did the previous day. You get work instructions whether from a person with Master degree or a PhD. Your work is scientific and you help those in need of medical treatment and you will be proud of yourself to do so. If you are directly hired by the system but not a contractor or research grant employee, you don't want to lose your job easily as it is very secured.The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have done something that has helped a person in need of medication no matter what you did.
Great university for multidisciplinary research opportunities
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 1, 2015
University of Texas at Austin is a great university for a well rounded engineering graduate program with ample opportunities for interdisplinary research.
UT is an excellent employer
Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 29, 2015
Working part time for UT as a research assistant and as a teaching assistant was great.
It is a calm and friendly environment and working with other students as well as the professors was quite fulfilling.
This experience taught me how to contact research as well as it improved greatly my organizational skills.
Tremendous Opportunity
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 25, 2015
Not only is The University of Texas at Austin a world-class institution but it is a great place to work as well! The staff is very knowledgable and willing to help you succeed.