University of Texas at Austin Employee Reviews

UT Dallas
Department Manager & Rhetoric Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Great place to work. Education is so free and allows you to help people to set and accomplish goals. It was nice to talk to the students (of all ages) and hear their hearts and to hear how they planned to make the world a better place through their newly found education.
Supervisory role in an Academic Library
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Assist many patrons a day with library related needs and manage a group of student workers. The management is friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is exploring different aspects of library services.
Student Worker
Research Assistant/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I worked with the chemistry department for the chairman's office assisting in all tasks necessary. The people in the department were all very kind, helpful, and understanding toward my schedule as a student.
Fun work place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2016
The University is very accommodating to your schedule needs. People on campus are very friendly. As a student worker you get the ability to have your schedule fit your needs.
Great workplace atmosphere
Registered Dietitian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 31, 2016
I had a wonderful experience at the University of Texas. The employees and managers all treated you with respect. The atmosphere was very relaxed, but encouraged all employees to grow within their on sphere.
Pros
Great working atmosphere and employees
Cons
No free lunches.
The university provides ample research opportunities and a hub of Research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 29, 2016
I work as a Graduate Research Assistant in the Civil Engineering Department. I find that this is a great platform to perform research and gather knowledge in field related to Construction Productivity.
A good place to work, very good experience
Business Intelligence Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2016
I had a meaningful summer here. Learned a lot of skills and met a many interesting people here. It is actually a good place to work and learn.
Pros
Plenty of time to learn, never push you.
Cons
Start to work at 8 am everyday, which is a little bit hard for me.
Working for UT is a very good place you see all the games
Facility Worker (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2016
Working at UT is very fun very long hour coworkers it is very fun day work Richard supervisor work hard everyone have to put together to do a show wework all types events on dirt ice skating arena football cleaning up it's absolutely tough but to get the job done we have to do it take I love doing it because I have been there 23 years
Pros
I say the pros of getting free tickets to all concerts in football game
Cons
Is not knowing when you have a day off working 13 days straight
Good collaborations within research groups
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2016
The University of Texas at Austin is formed by a very diverse community of people. Collaborations with other departments are very easy to find.
Great environment
Social Work Intern at Nix Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2016
I am reviewing this as a visitor. I was a student at UTSA not Austin. I am unsure on why this site is asking me to review places that I have not worked or participated in. Keeping in mind that, the results would be skewed.
Pros
reputation
Cons
to far from my home
I love UT Austin.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2016
Not very challenging place to work. There are alot of politics going around but overall its a great place to work if you're looking to have a good family life and a stable stress free work environment. Pay isn't good and there's alot of politics in advancement. There is constant restructuring going on with different administrations and funding is at the whim of politics.
Pros
Great hours, good benefits, great amazing people to work with outside of your job.
Cons
Politics, changing administrations, not really challenging, not alot of room for personal growth.
UT Austin -System Admin
Austin - System Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2016
A typical day at work starts with viewing my appointments/meetings. Making any necessary changes.
A quick overview of our services status. Then checking the ticket que and helping customers with a variety of IT issues.

around noon:
lunch (includes exercise)
In the afternoon - working on tickets (servers, clients)
working on IT projects- XenApp, Labs, Images

most enjoyable part of the day is seeing hard work pay off. Usually when users/systems look promising.
Pros
Retirement plan/stability
Cons
salary
Fun student job, great culture
Student Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2016
I loved working for the university, and the student team I was part of was a lot of fun. We were paid fairly well for an on-campus job, and our management was supportive, helpful, and friendly.
Changing culture
Transcript Evaluator II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2016
The culture devolved. high stress, hear more about failures than successes. High stress and I end up in tears at night. It started out positive, but something changed along the way. I can't pin point it.
They have very advanced learning system all over the country.
Visiting Research Scholar (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 19, 2016
They have very advanced learning system all over the country. The second excellent approach is the research methodology, which is unique among The United States Universities.
great job
UFCU Disch Falk Field (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2016
everything at this facility was amazing. the workers are all happy and nice, the mangers are nice, the stadium was clean and well kept. the customers were friendly and the hours were great
Pros
free baseball
Cons
the sun
Great University to start or continue your education
Project Manager student (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 12, 2016
Great place to enhance ones capacities and have better opportunities at the professional field.
Only attending as professional student for the Project Management Certificate Program which is valid to sit for the Project Management Professional Exam developed and created by the Project Management Institute.
Pros
Prestige
Cons
Cost
Nice place to work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 11, 2016
The University of Texas At Tyler is a nice place to work in general with amazing benefits. The only real downside is the lack of good management.
salad prep
Salad Chef (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2016
use of my culinary degree to help kitchen prepare salad for Jester Hall students. Worked morning shift
Welcoming environment.
Student Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2016
I worked in the business office in the College of Pharmacy. I helped with data entry, prepared payment vouchers, paid monthly and yearly bills, purchased items for laboratories and departments in the College of Pharmacy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Austin. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4