University of Texas at Austin Employee Reviews in United States

temp job
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2016
the job itself was easy if you are able to handle 100 kids. normal day care job, was only temporary. was a floater didnt get to know to much about the place long enough
Texas Student Media Need New Management
Advertising Account Executive, Texas Student Media (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2016
Texas Student Media is a great place to get experience working in advertising sales. The management and commission plan need to change in order to be up to par of the Moody College and UT.
Pros
Experience
Cons
lousy commission plan and Management
Decent work environment
Graduate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2016
There are programs with too many hands involved and some with poor organization and no help for training and support.

Many people are pleasant to work with, but I think UT needs to reevaluate many positions and help supplement those good workers where they need help.

All the money goes to athletics which is why the academics and culture suffers.
Enjoyed it
Teaching / Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2016
Great experience. Teaching and Laboratory Assistant for machine tools and operations. Helped students learn how to operate and run several machine tools including the manual lathe and mill
The University of Texas at Austin
Technical Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2016
I have been with University for over 8 years in a variety of positions. I have learned many things during my tenure within the teams I have been a part of.
Great Working Environment
Work-Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2016
Working for UT has been a lovely experience because of the flexibility offered (which I need since I am a full time student) and my amazing co-workers!
Pros
flexible, friendly
Cons
slow paced
Good place to work, friendly staff
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Port Aransas, TXMay 22, 2016
I'm currently the night shift security guard. So the hours I work I interact only rarely with the rest of the faculty and staff. But from what I've seen it seems like a pretty relaxed environment.
Pros
Good Benefit package
Cons
Little chance of promotion
Good place for research
Good professor
easy access to journals
Good benefit
Good laboratory
Pros
Time free, Good benefit
Cons
Hot weather, low salary
Works
Separation Research Program Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2016
I had this job when I was in UT-Austin. I was guided by two professional technicians. They are really up in their game and extremely proficient in what they are doing.
Also, I am truly thankful for the kind team leader for helping me and recommending me to numerous universities.
Working at UT
Research Associate Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2016
My time here at the university has been a tremendously rewarding experience and has enriched my skills as a scientist. The work is challenging and I have never stopped learning as a result.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No parking
Open door policy, lots of opportunities for advancement.
Clerk 1 Clerk 11 Clerk 111 (Former Employee) –  P.O.Box 7399 Austin, Texas 78713-7399May 8, 2016
A typical day at work would be hard to explain. I wore many hats during an eight hour shift,
The daily duties would rotate based on any given day of the monthly cycle.
The hardest part if the job was being able to see all the projects in a completed state.
Pros
A lot of artistic, entertainment, culture events
Cons
Unable to handle the growth of the work force.
Great TA job
Teacher's Assistant in Machine Tool Operation (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2016
Great TA job as I was in school. flexible hours, fun environment, great people to work with, Gave me experience I needed.
Wonderful but confusing
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2016
Working as a researcher at UT Austin is fantastic in terms of other committments, but the structure of payment is not well explained, and you pay severely in terms of benefits when you take on the position without much information on how it affects your insurance.
Pros
Good amounts of free time
Cons
Confusing, financially inferior to common alternatives
Great coworkers and management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2016
Excellent management made things always go smoothly. Typical reception desk tasks including light administrative work and maintaining office appearance.
Pros
Good working environment, friendly coworkers and managers
Great place to advance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2016
wonderful co-corkers and have learned and progressed my computer skills over the years. The insurance is affordable for the family. They also have classes for you to be able to advance in your job.
Pros
great insurance benefits
Cons
traffic going home is very bad
Exciting workplace with great student athletes.
Exec. Asst. to the Executive Sr. Associate AD (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2016
Interacting with Division 1 student athletes on a daily basis is a great benefit. Academics is a vital part of any student athletes experience and this group of advisers and
Pros
Free access to all sporting events
Flexible job schedule and great work environment
Student Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2016
Management is comprehensive and flexible hours to work. It is a great work environment with supportive coworkers. Everyone shows great customer service skills when helping people who come to game days. We care for the overall experience of the people coming to the events and will be of service on any possible way. The boss is really supportive, energetic, and understanding towards the employees, and will look out for them. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and seeing that this job is worth it because you bring them happiness and comfort. The hardest part of the job is to handle a difficult problem that comes across when you do not have the answer to the question but I have learned to figure it out and come up with solutions.
Pros
Encouraging environment, the boss is open to hear the opinions of others
Cons
Time varies with events available
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2016
Benefits are great.
Training is always available and offered.
Management is great.
Employee moral is great.
Pay could be better.
Great University
French Tutor, Tutor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2016
I enjoyed lab very much. Gave me a passion for the sciences and data analysis
• Cultured bacteriophages and bacterium in order to analyzed genetic mutations within bacteriophages
• Perform statistical analysis and develop methods to clean and sequence DNA
• Presented research, posters, oral presentations, laboratory techniques, research reviews, and data/results on a national and international level on weekly basis
• Worked with team of undergraduates to develop strain of bacteriophages that targeted various types of bacterium
a nice university to spend life on
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 31, 2016
good work life balance, compensation is fair, and the culture is attractive. For people like big city life, this might not be the place to go.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Austin. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4