University of Texas at Austin Employee Reviews

nice place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2017
worked for a specific school. faxed, copied, scanned, items daily.
Ordered supplies. Took inventory, answered phones, took messages for supervisors.
Academia is stagnant and politicized.
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 23, 2017
There are some of the smartest kindest people I've met in my life at university, and also some of the cruelest. University is not managed well at all.
Fun Working Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2017
Working the different merchandise stands is a very fun-filled experience that I enjoyed greatly. This environment was fun and fast paced. The people and management were excellent. Working here as a fundraiser for our theatre troop is definitely a place where I love working.
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 16, 2017
Overall rating is good and outstanding university
Job Work/Life Balance is good and strongly recommended to work
Compensation/Benefits is good and on of the best in nation
Job Security/Advancement is good always funding is available
Management no comments
Job Culture is good
Analyst
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2017
The University is a great place to work, but salary concerns and lack of advancement are issues. Every manager is different, some are more strict than others. Benefits are good. Work life balance is great.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2017
This has been a true apprenticeship/mentorship for me. I have learned a tremendous amount and have also taken on a high level of responsibility. I have strengthened my skills and acquired new ones. I have had the opportunity to travel and work with numerous stakeholders, both domestic and international. This has been a truly valuable and rewarding experience.
Pillar of academia
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2017
The work done here is of the highest caliber. Unfortunately, we have a surplus of highly intelligent hyper-skilled workers competing for very few vacancies and sub-par pay. The working hours expected are 50+ per week and Saturday is a work day. Seasoned lifer professors run the show here and funding can be scarce.
Pros
intelligent think tank
Cons
bureaucracy (a lot of red tape)
A Good Place to Learn
Billing Accounting Technician - Facilities Serv (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 9, 2017
Depending on the department there is a lot of opportunity for promotion and new position. The company has good benefits and ample training opportunities. Management is receptive to process improvement and efficiency improvement.The people at Facilities Services are amazing.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, great management support
Cons
Reliant on state funding
Fantastic Work/Life Balance
Sr. Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2017
I have been at the university for 4 years and have always been able to leave my work at work and do the things I enjoy doing outside of work without being disturbed.
A Really Good Place to Work
Computer Lab Proctor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2017
Working for the University of Texas at Austin as a current student was one of the best opportunities I had.
They helped me to balance my school assignments, with work.
Pros
Good work/life Balance
Cons
No Benefits
Morale and Advancement Poor
Public Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2017
Job security is decent but morale depletes over time. There is often no room for internal advancement unless you're bouncing from department to department, and compensation/raises barely (if at all) keeps up with the rate of inflation.
Pros
Good location
Cons
No advancement, low morale
Great place
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2017
Great benefits. You follow the school schedule. Wonderful people and full of life. They take care of you and for the most part respect any time off you may need.
Student
Students Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 28, 2017
I went went University of Texas at El Paso. The school was great and full of fun activities. The culture in that environment was very dynamic because of the diversities of the students.
Easy going
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 28, 2017
I was able to study a lot during this job. It was very lenient and easy because it was part of a work study program and they assisted me with classes and resume as well.
Pros
can study
Cons
low pay
Na
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2017
Tutoring for children who are in elementary to help with the STARR testing. Ensuring that they understand each category and can apply it to the test. Enjoyed it
Excellent place to work, great mentorship
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2017
Worked with various working IT managers who provided mentoring and welcomed feedback on collaborated IT projects. Great opportunities for professional growth and development and worked with state-of-the art equipment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
bad parking
Productive and fun
Administrative Assistant II - CV Surgery (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
Supports team work with excellent staff. Excellent doctors. Diverse culture. Supportive management. The most enjoyable part of this job is having time to spend with your patients.
Easy going workplace
Graphic Designer/Video Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 14, 2017
Not too much work -- loved the management and my coworkers. I would definitely recommend people to work here. I would stay longer if I could! Sometimes it's slow, but if you like environments like that, this job is perfect.
None at this time
Austin, Texas - Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2017
I do not have a review to share at this time. I do not have anything els further to share about this company. Please inform me on how to elaborate on the sharing of this company.
If you are interested in research this is a great place to work
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2017
Genetics lab research on the model plant arabidopsis thaliana. Great lab and great people who provide a nurturing work environment where the main goal is to learn more about the techniques by understanding the concepts behind them.
Pros
Great work environment, Exceptional learning prospect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Austin. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4