University of Texas at Austin

University of Texas at Austin Employer Reviews

Productive and pleasant place
M.D. Anderson Cancer Center (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation day
Cons: flexible hours
I enjoyed working for a research hospital in discovering the cure for cancer.
The University of Texas at Austin
Senior Resident Assistant, Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 16, 2014
As a Senior Resident Assistant, Resident Assistant
• Managed and supported staff and staff development efforts
• Budgeted and allocated money used for residence hall events
• Developed safe, inclusive and spirited residential communities
• Assisted in the selection, evaluation and training of incoming RA’s
Good job
Baker (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Tough place to balance a social life, however, excellent benefits and compensation definitely would recommend to others.
work summary
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee), austin texasSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: office experience
Cons: tem
I gained MS office skills and experience. I enjoyed working with many co-workers and supervisors for many departments.
Productive and Friendly place to work
Learning Resource Center Proctor (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2014
A typical day at work involved preparing for school by completing homework or studying for tests. I learned how to better prioritize my time by recognizing how much work I could reasonably complete through the duration of my shift. My co-workers were very friendly and laid back. The hardest part of the job was answer the same question multiple times – more... throughout the day; so you could say that the job was very easy as I enjoy talking to people. I really enjoyed communicating with fellow peers, graduate students, and faculty which contributed to how well I believe I can socialize with the engineering and academic societies. – less
good place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: nice environment
Cons: hot weather
it's a good place to work
jisdjsadjsajd
sajdjasdjosad
asdlasd
sa
sa
asd
as
Great Program
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: travel, a tradition of winning
Cons: slow to make changes
No such thing as a typical work day in Coaching at UT. Everyday is different when dealing with student athletes. Dealing with management is often slow and unproductive. Most of my co-workers are awesome people who have the best interest of the student athletes and university in mind. The hardest part about working for UT is dealing with system itself. – more... The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people to accomplish their individual and team goals and sharing in the success of the team. – less
Good place to work as a researcher
Graduate Research Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 14, 2014
One of the most diverse universities in Texas and a great place to be a graduate student.
UT is an excellent, if not always transparent place to work.
Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 13, 2014
I've loved working at UT for the last 6 years. I've had many opportunities to collaborate with people and departments all over campus on projects and initiatives ranging from e-commerce to technical training.
I hope to continue my career at UT, however, unfortunately, my current position ends soon so I'm searching for opportunities there and elsewhere.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Longview, TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great healthcare
I loved working for UT Austin. We had a small office staff that worked together very well.
The University was a very good place to work, educational
Applications Processor (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 2, 2014
I enjoyed working at the university very much. It was educational, the hours were good. I learned a lot at this position.
University of Texas
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free printing, computer usage, and rec letters :)
Worked while attending as a student. Great atmosphere and friendly co-workers and managers.
Good environment to work
Research Assistant, Drug Delivery lab (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 18, 2014
Good faculty and research facility helped me acquire good knowledge in my field.
Working for UT provide great job security
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great retirement plan
Cons: no free lunch
A typical day at UT was mainly supervisor the patients and providing a safe work place for the nursing staff and the patient. The hardest part of my Job was going home. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I made a difference in my patience life.
Learning Expierence
Parking and Transportation (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 14, 2014
I had a more detailed learning experience at this job I was out in public and at any time pulled to the side for directions to a building/event on campus or how to get to I-35. I had a 40 percent customer interaction at my previous job so I had to break my shell if I wanted to be a more people person.

The only negative feedback I've had from the public – more... I had assisted in the past during my employment at UT were from those whom were upset with paying a parking fine they were clearly in the wrong. I wanted to be informative to those individuals I came in contact with during a citation on their vehicle for parking without a permit etc. Helpful, honest, courteous.

If I didn't have an answer, I found someone who did. I had a great group of co-workers on all shifts I've worked. Hardest part of the job was the re-scheduling with shifts constant rotation was hard for my family, my kids. Great part of the job was working with co-workers I considered family, the people that worked there, went to school there or visited made my days at work exciting. – less
Training Coordinator – Oil & Gas (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2014
There are a lot of moving pieces needed to complete a project.
Good place to be a TA
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: small workload
Cons: no advancement opportunities
My department/supervisor were relatively laid-back about TA responsibilities. Salary was good considering the number of hours worked.
Best of the best in college environments
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 29, 2014
Worked as an assistant instructor. Taught large and small classes as well as project managed a variety of events. Had great faculty, academic, and resource support throughout time there. Fine institution to be associated with.
Tons of great work but leadership doesn't care about employees
IT Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and flexible time off
Cons: director and executive leadership never rewards their employees money wise or even verbally
the staff management ratio is ridiculous..middle management is stuck..
Fell through the cracks
Graduate Research Assistant, Computational Physics (Former Employee), Austin,TXJune 24, 2014
Fell through the cracks here. No oversight. Lucky to get out alive.

1 2 3 4 5