University of Texas at Austin

University of Texas at Austin Employer Reviews

productive and fast pace
Food Prep (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 20, 2014
A typical day would include keeping up with food demand as well as food temps. I learned how to work with others in a fast pace environment. the hardest part of the job was dealing with crowds in a timely manner while at the same time making sure that everyone was given the best customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting interesting – more... people. – less
A little piece of my Country every day
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: scholarships and excellent work environment
Cons: my schedule started to early in the morning
Assist Portuguese Language Department's on preparing material for classes; gathering cultural information about Brazil to students; Tuttoring students, clerical dutties
Great place to get experience, interesting work
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: interesting work, flexible schedule
Cons: pay isn't the best, steep learning curve in some cases
Getting an undergraduate research position is as simple as looking up professors in your field of study and emailing them about possible openings. See what an ECAC counselor has to say about it.

I would recommend this job for the student who is looking to see if graduate school or other research work is right for them.

Note: If you know you want to – more... go into industry immediately out of college, get an internship at least one of your summer semesters. – less
Exceptional learning environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2014
University promotes exceptional learning environment with a focus on building the leaders of the future.
Offers an excellent opporutnity to gain exposure to skills
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 28, 2014
In my job I work with a diverse group of federal, state, and district level educational professionals to provide school districts and state agencies with direct technical assistance related to program design and instructional delivery.
Great quality of life, poor leadership and advancement
Instructional Technology Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin TXFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: independence and great students/faculty
Cons: management
Excellent people to work with, but it is a bureaucracy at best.
Great place to be a graduate student
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2014
UT-Austin is a great place to do your graduate work. I can only speak for the Chemical Engineering department, but the resources available to all departments are great (rec sports, computing centers, health services, etc.). Good atmosphere to do academic research as well as live in an enjoyable city.
Dedicated research oriented institute
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Abundant academic activities, highly active participation in international scientific projects.
MD Anderson provided an amazing environment to learn
Graduate Student (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2014
UT MD Anderson was amazing place to work and I learned so much. There were no typical days in the lab. I worked with a very dynamic group of scientist who taught me everything from the basics of nucleic acid isolation to use of complex microscopy.
Great experience but poor compensation
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: poor compensation
I enjoyed working with the professor and other TAs in my class. We distribute work evenly and we are allowed to make our own schedule. It would have been nice if the job pays more.
Great energy between students and educator
Educator (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: sharing knowledge
Cons: no benefits
Sharing my expertise in photography and watching students win awards and start their own business is very rewarding.
Exciting opportunities for research and teaching
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2014
The University of Texas is an excellent employer with outstanding benefits. Alternatively, job security and advancement are slowing down in the current economy.
it is very professional place to work
Assistant, ESL Department (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2014
in order to work at University of Texas, I took some online classes such as work ethic, procedures and procedures. it was a part time job during my education. Management is always very helpful and mentoring for any situation.
hard work
Crew Leader and Materials Handler (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: steady check
Cons: everything else
Get your work orders for the day, and get them done as efficiently as possible always displaying the best customer service as possible. Leadership skills great customer service skills and how to drive a box truck. No comment on management, or my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was going to it knowing no matter how hard you work you will not – more... get any more money for it, and you will not be able to advance in your department or transfer to another without losing pay. The most enjoyable part about the job was we had a lot of freedom we weren't stuck in just one spot – less
Good Experience
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Self-employed contractor working with student properties in the UT campus area.
Productive in helping students succeed.
Learning Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2014
As a tutor for the university I would attend lecture with the class I helped tutor. During class I would answer any questions they had pertaining to the problems. I held office hours outside of class time where students could come to get help with homework or the topics at hand.
Productive and fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Department of Molecular BiosciencesJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
flexible schedule, teaches you to manage your time well, nice co-workers. It is an always learning environment.
Great volunteer experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Great place to gain experience and work close with professors
Flexible and organized work environment.
Student Technical Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJanuary 26, 2014
I had the option to work from home, so oftentimes I did that, but I would go into the office between classes and talk to the professor about the progress of the consolidation. Hardest part of the job was just learning Bash scripting from scratch which was something I wasn't very familiar with at the time. Most enjoyable part was working from home.
Engaging environment, mentorship
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: no cons
Working as a research assistant at the University of Texas at Austin, Aerospace Engineering Department, allowed me to apply the topics learned in class to a professional environment. I had the opportunity to work hands on on projects funded by notorious Aerospace industries such as NASA and the AirForce. Also, I gained trust from my employers by showing – more... that I am extremely professional, knowledgeable, and that I am always looking for new challenges in order to grow in this profession.
My responsibilities included design, machining, construction of the components used during the research, and data analysis. – less