University of Texas at Austin Employee Reviews

Not what it used to be...
Executive Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 21, 2015
Unfortunately, as budgets have been cut, salaries and working conditions have suffered. It is not a positive environment currently.
good
President of Financial Leadership Association (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 21, 2015
a prospering student organization, young professionals can really grow here, abundant networking opportunities, outstanding student officers, Stella industries speakers
Great University
Software Designer and IT (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 20, 2015
Working IT at UT was a great job as a senior in ECE. Sometimes the IT departments are splinter-cells from the core ITS. Some of the managers are less than competent.
Light Working load and good benefit
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Not time demanding
Cons: NA
The main works are holding office hours, grading homework and test,
there are not very complicated or challenging task involved in the work.
Great place UT
Bursars Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 12, 2015
Wonderful place to work! This has a great place to work the people are super wonderful and it felt good to work for a place that cares for both employees and students
Great place for graduate work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great, exciting place to work
Cons: Could use more internal support for faculty and less bureaucracy
Graduate school is tough for everyone, but it helps to have support from peers and a diverse, young, cultured community.
A productive environment
University Facilitator (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: Added additional academic and educational knowledge
Cons: Instability in job assignment from semester to semester
The work environment was productive. A typical day consisted of working very closely on class related assignments. Immediate supervisors, co-workers, and I collaborated very closely. The most enjoyable part of the position was working with individuals who work in my field of education.
Exciting work evironment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 8, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, clean work enviorment, friendly staff
Cons: no room for advancement within company, unorganized management
A great place for hands on experience working with students as well as collaborating with a diverse group of employees.
valuable experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 5, 2015
 Use financial database to do some advanced data queries and create data set with it
 Organize and correct the data using SAS and excel
Excellent Place to work.
Medical Technologist II in HLA and Blood Bank (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 1, 2015
I really enjoyed my experience at MD Anderson Cancer Center. It's one of the best places I have worked. The learning opportunity is wonderful and co-workers and supervisors are very competent, with excellent environment to work.
Very Enjoyable
M.D. Anderson Cancer Center (Current Employee), HoustonMay 31, 2015
Pros: Work doesn't follow you home
Cons: Annyoing coworkers, having to work weekends
I work in Laboratory Medicine and although there isn't a lot of room for advancement, you have to try very hard to get fired. Management has gotten far better in the past year and I suspect it will only get better. Don't get too attached to the idea of moving up unless your're willing to leave the department.
Fun and entertaining
Furniture Renovator Asst (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: n/a
Fill work orders, patience is needed. I learned that the quality in the work that we did was essential, and knowing how many people would see and admire our work was worth it. Management was ok, co-workers were easy to get a long with.
Excellent research university
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 27, 2015
Research advisors here were excellent. There is no shortage of research opportunities for undergraduates. Typical days varied depending on the projects.
Wonderful students and impressive facilities
Assistant Professor of French Literature (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: great libraries; town; weather; students
Great university in a great town. I was constantly impressed by the students and the facilities. There were lots of opportunities to get involved in the larger intellectual community. Public transportation to and from the University is also to be commended.
Excellent workplace if you love to learn.
Research Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Highly intelligent and personable staff, workplace culture the best I've ever seen, mentally engaging work and overall atmosphere.
Cons: No employee benefits unless an appointed staff member (PHD, etc.) Limited advancement opportunity.
The Separation Research Program at the J.J. Pickle Research Campus was a fantastic place to work. A very small group of highly intelligent and resourceful people, the SRP team produces work and research data of the highest caliber.
Great Company
Intern-Film Editor and Media Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TexasMay 18, 2015
The RTF Department is full of great people doing great things. Everyone there is more than willing to work to make sure the students are getting the best experiences possible.
UT at Austin
Starbucks Barista- Student Activity Center (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 15, 2015
Best educational experience ever had. The University of Texas at Austin is the best place to be when it comes to diversity.
University of Texas System
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2015
Great environment, lots of opportunities for learning and advancement if one is willing to put in the effort; wonderful benefits.
Bad Experience with Lab Manager
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free Food
Cons: Lack of evaluation or means to improve in work performance
I was a Teachers' Assistant for the Introductory Biology Labs. The labs were well organized and I felt they were beneficial to students. After working as a Teachers' Assistant for the labs for some time, the Manager of the Labs took me aside and told me that I was, "one of the weakest Teachers' Assistant employed there." I understand this is a legitimate evaluation, however the manager did not tell me in what areas I was weak, or how I could improve in these areas (in retrospect, I should have asked.) It seems like, since The University of Texas is an educational institution, there should be a decent amount of room to identify areas of weakness in teaching and allow the Teachers' Assistant to improve in these areas, however this culture was not present for Teachers' Assistants in the Introductory Biology Labs.
Long hours and low pay.
Research Lab Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 5, 2015
Job often required long hours and the pay was low with no benefits. Grad students often piled on projects with little thought to deadlines.