University of Texas at Austin Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent workplace if you love to learn.
Research Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2015
The Separation Research Program at the J.J. Pickle Research Campus was a fantastic place to work. A very small group of highly intelligent and resourceful people, the SRP team produces work and research data of the highest caliber.
Pros
Highly intelligent and personable staff, workplace culture the best I've ever seen, mentally engaging work and overall atmosphere.
Cons
No employee benefits unless an appointed staff member (PHD, etc.) Limited advancement opportunity.
Open door policy, lots of opportunities for advancement.
Clerk 1 Clerk 11 Clerk 111 (Former Employee) –  P.O.Box 7399 Austin, Texas 78713-7399May 8, 2016
A typical day at work would be hard to explain. I wore many hats during an eight hour shift,
The daily duties would rotate based on any given day of the monthly cycle.
The hardest part if the job was being able to see all the projects in a completed state.
Pros
A lot of artistic, entertainment, culture events
Cons
Unable to handle the growth of the work force.
Decent work environment
Graduate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2016
There are programs with too many hands involved and some with poor organization and no help for training and support.

Many people are pleasant to work with, but I think UT needs to reevaluate many positions and help supplement those good workers where they need help.

All the money goes to athletics which is why the academics and culture suffers.
Lots Administrative work
Advising Senior Student Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2016
Great work environment
A lot of administrative work
Good management
Great coworkers
A lot of interaction with students
Good Uni for Grad School
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 3, 2015
It is a great university, according to the field of study. As any other place, it has its cons and pros. My colleagues in the program were helpful into explaining me the system of how to navigate grad school. The office management of the department is quick in problem-solution and communication excels. The most enjoyable part of grad school is interaction with students. Despite the fact I am here to help them be more critical and understand course material, I have also learned from them.
Not a productive place to work
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 19, 2015
Management would not address problems with certain employee's. It was easier to just ignore the problem employee's and make the good employee's work harder.
The work environment provided employees with a sense of security and unity, allowing for an overall positive, optimistic atmosphere at the university
Assistant Building Attendant Leader (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2016
The University of Texas at Austin has been a wonderful step in my present work experience. The coworkers are all supportive and encourage one another to perform his or her best each day, making for a more suitable working environment.
Wonderful but confusing
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2016
Working as a researcher at UT Austin is fantastic in terms of other committments, but the structure of payment is not well explained, and you pay severely in terms of benefits when you take on the position without much information on how it affects your insurance.
Pros
Good amounts of free time
Cons
Confusing, financially inferior to common alternatives
Demanding
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasAugust 4, 2015
The University of Texas is a very demanding place to work, especially for the lack of compensation one gets. I have met a lot of nice people working here and the atmosphere is by far not the worst that I have been in. However, I think the amount of work that is asked of us and the amount that we get paid is very lopsided. Do not expect to get raises or bonuses here, because that is rare.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful, lack of compensation, no PTO.
Texas Student Media Need New Management
Advertising Account Executive, Texas Student Media (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2016
Texas Student Media is a great place to get experience working in advertising sales. The management and commission plan need to change in order to be up to par of the Moody College and UT.
Pros
Experience
Cons
lousy commission plan and Management

Want to know more about University of Texas at Austin?

Ask a question
Works
Separation Research Program Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2016
I had this job when I was in UT-Austin. I was guided by two professional technicians. They are really up in their game and extremely proficient in what they are doing.
Also, I am truly thankful for the kind team leader for helping me and recommending me to numerous universities.
Great!!
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 4, 2015
Great Place to work with supportive management. Being a Graduate Teaching assistant I get to work with Director and Assistant Director of the Flagship program. I tend to understand their requirement and give them best possible solution for making the website more fruitful for students and others. The job require me to wok independently and its a great learning experience along with a Graduate student.
Good place to work, friendly staff
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Port Aransas, TXMay 22, 2016
I'm currently the night shift security guard. So the hours I work I interact only rarely with the rest of the faculty and staff. But from what I've seen it seems like a pretty relaxed environment.
Pros
Good Benefit package
Cons
Little chance of promotion
Welcoming environment.
Student Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2016
I worked in the business office in the College of Pharmacy. I helped with data entry, prepared payment vouchers, paid monthly and yearly bills, purchased items for laboratories and departments in the College of Pharmacy.
Great place to advance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2016
wonderful co-corkers and have learned and progressed my computer skills over the years. The insurance is affordable for the family. They also have classes for you to be able to advance in your job.
Pros
great insurance benefits
Cons
traffic going home is very bad
A great learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2016
This is a really great opportunity for those that think they might be interested in going to graduate school but might be unsure. I was able to work alongside many passionate people and it was a great experience.
Pros
Learn a lot about research
Cons
None that I can think of
Exciting workplace with great student athletes.
Exec. Asst. to the Executive Sr. Associate AD (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2016
Interacting with Division 1 student athletes on a daily basis is a great benefit. Academics is a vital part of any student athletes experience and this group of advisers and
Pros
Free access to all sporting events
great job
UFCU Disch Falk Field (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2016
everything at this facility was amazing. the workers are all happy and nice, the mangers are nice, the stadium was clean and well kept. the customers were friendly and the hours were great
Pros
free baseball
Cons
the sun
Overall experience
Assistant Grant Writer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2015
Great place to work with overall supportive management. One could achieve a work-life balance at certain positions within the University's administration. Overall, I highly recommend working at UT Austin.
Pros
Great work-life balance is possible
Cons
Pay was not great.
Working at UT
Research Associate Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2016
My time here at the university has been a tremendously rewarding experience and has enriched my skills as a scientist. The work is challenging and I have never stopped learning as a result.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No parking

4.4