University of Texas at Austin

University of Texas at Austin Employer Reviews

Great experience but poor compensation
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: poor compensation
I enjoyed working with the professor and other TAs in my class. We distribute work evenly and we are allowed to make our own schedule. It would have been nice if the job pays more.
Great energy between students and educator
Educator (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: sharing knowledge
Cons: no benefits
Sharing my expertise in photography and watching students win awards and start their own business is very rewarding.
Exciting opportunities for research and teaching
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2014
The University of Texas is an excellent employer with outstanding benefits. Alternatively, job security and advancement are slowing down in the current economy.
it is very professional place to work
Assistant, ESL Department (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2014
in order to work at University of Texas, I took some online classes such as work ethic, procedures and procedures. it was a part time job during my education. Management is always very helpful and mentoring for any situation.
hard work
Crew Leader and Materials Handler (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: steady check
Cons: everything else
Get your work orders for the day, and get them done as efficiently as possible always displaying the best customer service as possible. Leadership skills great customer service skills and how to drive a box truck. No comment on management, or my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was going to it knowing no matter how hard you work you will not – more... get any more money for it, and you will not be able to advance in your department or transfer to another without losing pay. The most enjoyable part about the job was we had a lot of freedom we weren't stuck in just one spot – less
Good Experience
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Self-employed contractor working with student properties in the UT campus area.
Productive in helping students succeed.
Learning Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2014
As a tutor for the university I would attend lecture with the class I helped tutor. During class I would answer any questions they had pertaining to the problems. I held office hours outside of class time where students could come to get help with homework or the topics at hand.
Productive and fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Department of Molecular BiosciencesJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
flexible schedule, teaches you to manage your time well, nice co-workers. It is an always learning environment.
Great volunteer experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Great place to gain experience and work close with professors
Flexible and organized work environment.
Student Technical Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJanuary 26, 2014
I had the option to work from home, so oftentimes I did that, but I would go into the office between classes and talk to the professor about the progress of the consolidation. Hardest part of the job was just learning Bash scripting from scratch which was something I wasn't very familiar with at the time. Most enjoyable part was working from home.
Engaging environment, mentorship
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: no cons
Working as a research assistant at the University of Texas at Austin, Aerospace Engineering Department, allowed me to apply the topics learned in class to a professional environment. I had the opportunity to work hands on on projects funded by notorious Aerospace industries such as NASA and the AirForce. Also, I gained trust from my employers by showing – more... that I am extremely professional, knowledgeable, and that I am always looking for new challenges in order to grow in this profession.
My responsibilities included design, machining, construction of the components used during the research, and data analysis. – less
UTSA ROTC
Student President (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: pay for college
Excellent program. Graduated top 5% in the nation and that is attributed to the staff and teammates at UTSA.
Great campus with diverse culture
Student (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2014
Studied multicultural studies and international communications which increased my knowledge of business culture.
n/a
Student Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2014
No place to move up in the office. Great benefits, but mediocre salary.
tough
Research Assistant/Team member (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2014
tough and educational.

definitely worth while to get an education from here. Definitely a great research institute. The best part is being able to do undergraduate research with a graduate student. I learned so much about qualitative studies and the research process.
n/a
Patient Service Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee), galvestonJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Good Benefits, PTO, Sick. When speaking out, you are not sure if you will be micromanaged or retaliated on.
Busy job with few benefits
Grader and Tutor (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 20, 2013
Working as a tutor at UT Austin for a professor was rewarding in that I was able to help other students with their homework and tutor them before tests. However, this job took up the majority of my time and left me little time to study for my own classes.
An amazing place to grow as a researcher, intellectual, and educator
Instructor/Lecturer (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 19, 2013
Through course-work and hands on experience learned how to conduct original empirical research, as well as to convey the importance of the work through writing and in the classroom. I learned that I have a deep love for field work and am able to draw out people from various backgrounds with ease. I learned that while I had not planned to become an educator, – more... I love teaching. The hardest part of the job was time management and working with faculty who run on different schedules. The most enjoyable part was to contribute to scientific knowledge within a community of scholars. – less
Great benefits, terrible salary
Senior Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 26, 2013
Pros: free food, breat benefits
Cons: salary, opportunity for advancement
Great benefits, terrible salary, not much of a challenge. Not much room for advancement.
Research Review
Research Scientist Associate III (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 25, 2013
The Bureau of Economic Geology is a great place to work. There is great opportunities for collaboration, a lot of camaraderie, and in general, a nurturing scientific environment.