University of Texas at Austin

University of Texas at Austin Employer Reviews

Tons of great work but leadership doesn't care about employees
IT Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and flexible time off
Cons: director and executive leadership never rewards their employees money wise or even verbally
the staff management ratio is ridiculous..middle management is stuck..
Fell through the cracks
Graduate Research Assistant, Computational Physics (Former Employee), Austin,TXJune 24, 2014
Fell through the cracks here. No oversight. Lucky to get out alive.
UT HEALTH
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJune 24, 2014
GREAT JOB WITH GREAT BENEFITS ALOT OF WORK BUT I DID IT STILL EGILIBLE FOR RE HIRE
The example of awesome leadership
Military Science Instructor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJune 20, 2014
Pros: being a mentor, coach and teacher every day
Cons: long hours, 6 days a week
A great place to work. I learned that being assigned to the Academy, it strenghtened my teaching abilities.
Stimulating environment.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: i get to teach!
Cons: i have to teach!
I enjoyed my time as a T.A. I was surprised it was cut short. My lab sections were about 4 hours long. I arrive, typically, a half an hour early. I set up all the equipment. I review the lecture material, and set up the overhead for the presentation. When the lab section begins, I collect homework, take roll, and answer students' questions as they arrive.

I – more... learned to be very organized with my time. My supervisor gives great advice, which I followed to a "T". I liked all of my fellow TAs--everyone contributes equally to the creation of the week's quizzes.

The hardest part of the job is at the end of the day when you are tired of standing. Students are bustling around trying to finish up, and you must be aware of lab safety at all times. the most enjoyable time is quiz time. It's the only time the lab is completely quiet. – less
Lacks domestic partner benefits
Director-level position (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 29, 2014
Cons: no domestic partner benefits
Day to day, working at UT was fine. However, when it came to respecting my work and my civil rights, I felt ignored and undervalued. UT is not the place to go if you are looking for a competitive salary and equal rights for you and your family.
Excellent Supervisor
House and Stage Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 25, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, friendly atmosphere
My supervisor was totally understanding and supportive. I worked under limited supervision but I always felt like I could call on him to for help when I needed it.
Very fun workplace
I.D Checker (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 22, 2014
*Learned to learn several individuals names
* Hardest part was telling people you knew no
* Most enjoyable part was being outside on nice days
*Nice coworkers
it is a good school
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 18, 2014
Numerical and experimental study.
Have fun with my classmates
NA
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 13, 2014
I was a graduate assistant at UTEP not UTA. My experience at UTEP was priceless. I gained my sense of independence as an Athletic Trainer and became confident with my decisions.
The environment
Assistant to management team (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2014
The flexibility and the hours worked the best. The first and only job that allowed for my education and professional career to cross paths and work.
What starts here changes the world
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 5, 2014
the University of Texas at Austin is a very nice place to study and work. Austin is a beautiful city with a warm weather around the whole year. The professors in the university are knowledgeable and always there help their students.
Great work place
Office of the Dean of Students, Student Activities (Former Employee), AustinMay 2, 2014
Great people, Fun work, and casual. I was treated well and the managers were the best and they supported me.
great institution
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Arlington, TXApril 30, 2014
Great place to work with lots of opportunties,know your PI, before applying for postdoc
Fun and professional
Receptionist- ESL Tutor (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: flexible, and great for a student.
Cons: no more full-time positions available.
What I learned from this job is how to adapt to certain environments, and how to handle situations more effectively. I am constantly speaking with students who have different cultures and languages different from mine, so it is important to be mindful and respectful. My co-workers are all fun, and professional. They have taught me a lot. The hardest – more... part about this job is to learn new things, and to learn how to express them in a way that makes sense to the students. This is the hardest part, but it is the most enjoyable because I get to learn new skills and to communicate with people from around the world. – less
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 22, 2014
The hours contracted is not what you go in for: it actually requires you to spend half of that time to review the material, and learn the material--so you can guide students. The tuition break it gives can make your student loan at 0: that is if you are economic with your stipend.
great employer, and I learned a LOT
Machinist - Mechanical Engineering Machine Shop (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 9, 2014
The University of Texas was a great employer.
I worked as a Machinist in the Mechanical Engineering Machine Shop.
I learned how to safely run a Lathe, Mill, Drill, Surface Grinder, Induction Furnace, and other equipment.
I really enjoyed working as a Machinist in the Shop, and I learned a great deal.
Awesome Boss, flexible, great atmosphere
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 5, 2014
I work here with the work-study program. My boss is always flexible on hours when I have to take time off for exams. Everyone at work is always nice.
TA
Risk Management Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 2, 2014
Grade papers/essays. Enjoyable if you like the professor and topic.
competitive workplace with colleagues of international repute. High energy and demanding excellence in teaching and personal creative research.
Associate Professor of Studio Art (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 25, 2014
Faculty responsibilities are numerous and varied. Committee work, special events, projects, as well as regular classroom activities, demonstrations, class critiques, detailed grading, and paperwork.