University of Texas at Austin

University of Texas at Austin Employer Reviews

Productive in helping students succeed.
Learning Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2014
As a tutor for the university I would attend lecture with the class I helped tutor. During class I would answer any questions they had pertaining to the problems. I held office hours outside of class time where students could come to get help with homework or the topics at hand.
Productive and fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Department of Molecular BiosciencesJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
flexible schedule, teaches you to manage your time well, nice co-workers. It is an always learning environment.
Great volunteer experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Great place to gain experience and work close with professors
Flexible and organized work environment.
Student Technical Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJanuary 26, 2014
I had the option to work from home, so oftentimes I did that, but I would go into the office between classes and talk to the professor about the progress of the consolidation. Hardest part of the job was just learning Bash scripting from scratch which was something I wasn't very familiar with at the time. Most enjoyable part was working from home.
Engaging environment, mentorship
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: no cons
Working as a research assistant at the University of Texas at Austin, Aerospace Engineering Department, allowed me to apply the topics learned in class to a professional environment. I had the opportunity to work hands on on projects funded by notorious Aerospace industries such as NASA and the AirForce. Also, I gained trust from my employers by showing – more... that I am extremely professional, knowledgeable, and that I am always looking for new challenges in order to grow in this profession.
My responsibilities included design, machining, construction of the components used during the research, and data analysis. – less
UTSA ROTC
Student President (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: pay for college
Excellent program. Graduated top 5% in the nation and that is attributed to the staff and teammates at UTSA.
Great campus with diverse culture
Student (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2014
Studied multicultural studies and international communications which increased my knowledge of business culture.
n/a
Student Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2014
No place to move up in the office. Great benefits, but mediocre salary.
tough
Research Assistant/Team member (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2014
tough and educational.

definitely worth while to get an education from here. Definitely a great research institute. The best part is being able to do undergraduate research with a graduate student. I learned so much about qualitative studies and the research process.
n/a
Patient Service Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee), galvestonJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Good Benefits, PTO, Sick. When speaking out, you are not sure if you will be micromanaged or retaliated on.
Busy job with few benefits
Grader and Tutor (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 20, 2013
Working as a tutor at UT Austin for a professor was rewarding in that I was able to help other students with their homework and tutor them before tests. However, this job took up the majority of my time and left me little time to study for my own classes.
An amazing place to grow as a researcher, intellectual, and educator
Instructor/Lecturer (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 19, 2013
Through course-work and hands on experience learned how to conduct original empirical research, as well as to convey the importance of the work through writing and in the classroom. I learned that I have a deep love for field work and am able to draw out people from various backgrounds with ease. I learned that while I had not planned to become an educator, – more... I love teaching. The hardest part of the job was time management and working with faculty who run on different schedules. The most enjoyable part was to contribute to scientific knowledge within a community of scholars. – less
Great benefits, terrible salary
Senior Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 26, 2013
Pros: free food, breat benefits
Cons: salary, opportunity for advancement
Great benefits, terrible salary, not much of a challenge. Not much room for advancement.
Research Review
Research Scientist Associate III (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 25, 2013
The Bureau of Economic Geology is a great place to work. There is great opportunities for collaboration, a lot of camaraderie, and in general, a nurturing scientific environment.
Fun place to work
F.R.I. Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 24, 2013
Pros: learning
Cons: work night and odd hours
Work for class credit. Great opportunity to learn about research techniques and different analytical instruments. Management is excellent and flexible. Co-workers are fellow students and help you when needed. The hardest part of the job is trying to finish projects on time.
Excellent educational laboratory
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 20, 2013
My PI provided a wonderful environment in which to learn new laboratory techniques, work with new machines, and gain experience.
Provided opportunities and resources for success
Dietetics Student (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 18, 2013
I enjoyed my time at the University of Texas. I would recommend this program to anyone interested in dietetics and has calculated the benefits of attending alternative programs in Texas.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 17, 2013
I loved working here. The coworkers were really nice. The manager was very helpful.
Very good overall work environment
Animal Resources Supervisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 17, 2013
I enjoyed my time at UT. My job was very diverse and everyday was seemed new. I had a great upper management team and working with the university staff was a good overall experience.
I never get board
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee), Austin TXNovember 15, 2013
Its a great place to work but with this new obama law I can only work 30 or less a week and I cant make it on that.