University of Texas at Austin

University of Texas at Austin Employer Reviews

Busy job with few benefits
Grader and Tutor (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 20, 2013
Working as a tutor at UT Austin for a professor was rewarding in that I was able to help other students with their homework and tutor them before tests. However, this job took up the majority of my time and left me little time to study for my own classes.
An amazing place to grow as a researcher, intellectual, and educator
Instructor/Lecturer (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 19, 2013
Through course-work and hands on experience learned how to conduct original empirical research, as well as to convey the importance of the work through writing and in the classroom. I learned that I have a deep love for field work and am able to draw out people from various backgrounds with ease. I learned that while I had not planned to become an educator, – more... I love teaching. The hardest part of the job was time management and working with faculty who run on different schedules. The most enjoyable part was to contribute to scientific knowledge within a community of scholars. – less
Great benefits, terrible salary
Senior Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 26, 2013
Pros: free food, breat benefits
Cons: salary, opportunity for advancement
Great benefits, terrible salary, not much of a challenge. Not much room for advancement.
Research Review
Research Scientist Associate III (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 25, 2013
The Bureau of Economic Geology is a great place to work. There is great opportunities for collaboration, a lot of camaraderie, and in general, a nurturing scientific environment.
Fun place to work
F.R.I. Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 24, 2013
Pros: learning
Cons: work night and odd hours
Work for class credit. Great opportunity to learn about research techniques and different analytical instruments. Management is excellent and flexible. Co-workers are fellow students and help you when needed. The hardest part of the job is trying to finish projects on time.
Excellent educational laboratory
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 20, 2013
My PI provided a wonderful environment in which to learn new laboratory techniques, work with new machines, and gain experience.
Provided opportunities and resources for success
Dietetics Student (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 18, 2013
I enjoyed my time at the University of Texas. I would recommend this program to anyone interested in dietetics and has calculated the benefits of attending alternative programs in Texas.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 17, 2013
I loved working here. The coworkers were really nice. The manager was very helpful.
Very good overall work environment
Animal Resources Supervisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 17, 2013
I enjoyed my time at UT. My job was very diverse and everyday was seemed new. I had a great upper management team and working with the university staff was a good overall experience.
I never get board
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee), Austin TXNovember 15, 2013
Its a great place to work but with this new obama law I can only work 30 or less a week and I cant make it on that.
Good working place
Research Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 13, 2013
Good working place, Texas style. I like Austin and this university.
Excellent benefits but not much else....
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Port Aransas, TXNovember 10, 2013
Pros: benefits package excellent
Cons: pay grade terrible, opportunity growth non existent
Strange workplace environment very reclusive not team or family feeling.
Great People
Clerical Accountant/Cashier - Gregory Gymnasium (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 22, 2013
My fellow employees and bosses were an absolute pleasure to work alongside.
Good benefit as official staff
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 15, 2013
Student worked as research assistant get the same benefit as school staff.
Great place for grad students
Teaching/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 2, 2013
Pros: laid back, supportive culture
Cons: the pay isn't great, but it also comes with a tuition break, so it kinda evens out.
As a grad student, if you get a 20-hr. appointment, you get full health benefits, plus access to the medical facility on campus, which has just about everything a person could need.
Great Job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 2, 2013
Pros: location of workplace, environment, benefits, co workers, team spirit, unlimited perks and discounts, free education, wide array of resources to use and discover
Cons: commute
Excellent place to have a career by far the best workplace I have ever encountered.
Highly skilled professional medical facility
Nursing Assistant/Preceptor (Former Employee), Texas, MDSeptember 22, 2013
Very professional. Team oriented. Staff development and employee advancement highly encouraged. Really good place to work.
Work-study position with lax atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: got to study, meet new people, easy to get shifts covered
Cons: employer change makes a difference
When I first got hired, I got hired as a filler receptionist, which meant I filled in the rest of the hours that were needed. That consisted of 17 hours a week in addition to the job I currently worked at Chili's and being a full-time student. Being a receptionist at the Sanger Learning Center meant clocking in students with numbered pins to either – more... Math, Physics, or Chemistry tutoring. We helped out with printing out hand-outs, running errands to other buildings, or projects that were assigned by our boss. I became more familiar with Word and Excel and commercial printers. It was a nice job to have and my co-workers were other students with the same goal in mind: getting work done in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job really was just getting studying in because clocking students in could entail in reading the same paragraph for a while. The best part of the job really were the people. Creating good healthy relationships is always rewarding. – less
Enjoyed my time working here
Intern - Department of Accounting (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 16, 2013
Really enjoyed working here. Was given lots of opportunities to learn and gain responsibility. Didn't enjoy the sheer number of employees, but that can't be avoided at a huge university.
Productive environment
Organizing Intern from June until present (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: access to database, some discounts on university shows
The work entails going to the office of a professor and compile the research of the professor in a way that can be later accessed. This might be done through hyperlinks to an electronic source or scanning and saving it as a pdf. Also each file needs to be saved in a manner that makes it easily accessible. The hardest part of the job is finding missing – more... parts of documents by researching them. This job requires to think of new ways to save important data such as notes and photos so that they relate to a subject or matter to what the professor wishes. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. – less