University of Texas at Austin

University of Texas at Austin Employer Reviews

Great workplace
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 22, 2013
Its a great place to work. Responsibilities are clear and expectations are reasonable.
Fun and friendly
Student worker (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 19, 2013
Pros: just a nice place
Cons: ended when i graduated
great place to work at when attending school. My boss was nice and I enjoyed the other people that I worked with. I was able to do homework when it wasn't busy and my work load there was never crazy.
Professional and Productive with minimal supervison
Research Engineer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2013
Engaged in various testing with many apparatuses usually constructed by the team. Most results are kept confidential.
Great experience
Optimizing the Mobile Web Browsing Experience (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 13, 2013
Learn and discuss with teammates to understand how to develop software tool to optimize mobile websites
Productive and Professional Workplace
Athletics Risk Management & Compliance Servies (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 9, 2013
Pros: good salary & state benefits
Cons: lack of parking
Very professional atmosphere, focus on staff training and creating a comfortable work environment.
R&D in Optical MEMS and Biomedical Instrumentation
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 7, 2013
R&D in Optical MEMS and Biomedical Instrumentation, performed research on:

• Handheld confocal imaging probe for oral cancer detection
− Enabled by a dual-axis silicon electrostatic MEMS micromirror, developed a miniaturized handheld confocal imaging probe for oral cancer detection. Probe body designed with CodeV optical simulations and Solidworks – more... CAD simulation. A Java and LabVIEW based software kit were developed with real-time medical image processing algorithms. Clinical trials on neoplastic lesion tissues were performed in University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio (UTHSC).

• Non-silicon micromirror based handheld hyperspectral fluorescence imaging for oral cancer detection
− Explored non-silicon materials such as stainless steel and nickel with various fabrication techniques such as electrical discharge machining and electroplating for electromagnetically driven MEMS micromirror design. Micromirror structure designed & FEA analyzed with COMSOL. Imaging probe with micro-actuation assembly developed for fluorescence imaging of early epithilial cancer. – less
Teaching/Research Assistant
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 2, 2013
Best accounting program in US. What more can I say?

I worked as a teaching/research assistant so my review is based on my personal experience.

I learned a lot by teaching others... it sounds awkward but if you do go to UT please work as a teaching/research assistant...it not only helps you teach others, but it allows you to manage your time efficiently.
Working at UT
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 1, 2013
Pros: felxibility
Flexible place to work. Great programs. I've learned allot and applied my abilities to meet goals. I've created great relationship with my co-workers. The best part is that each day is full of different challenges.
Very smart people
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 28, 2013
Organized, nice work environment, great curiosity. Like this university.
Graduate Research (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 27, 2013
As a graduate researcher, most of the day is spend in analyzing and testing scientific problems related to the research area
A large university with lots of school spirit.
Staff Member (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 10, 2013
The students at The University of Texas Austin are very highly motivated and a joy to work with. There are many innovative things happening at the university and there is always opportunities to connect with other professionals.
Research and Development with a new Programming Language
Student (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 4, 2013
Produced Static Checking Security Extension for Orc programming language. Researched the interaction of Compiler and Integration Rules with Static Checking Security Paradigms.
Found this to be a great institution!
Senior Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 22, 2013
After 28 years with UT-Austin, I can honestly say that I found my time here fulfilling.
Grant supported
Sr. Workforce Development Consultant (Current Employee), Galveston TexasMay 21, 2013
Funded by DOL - target incumbent workers, veterans and those in high poverty
productive/easy going
Front Desk/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 17, 2013
Co-workers and supervisors were nice and helpful. It was usually pretty quiet, especially in the mornings. Overall a very enjoyable experience working here.
Very productive day, Fun place to work
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 17, 2013
Very interesting and fun place to learn new things. Everyone here are very knowledgeable and very helpful.
A fun research job
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), AustinMay 3, 2013
I worked under a professor for a part-time mechanical R&D project. Times were flexible and I was given a lot of freedom in working.
Good experience
Intensive Project as Programmer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasMay 2, 2013
Good experience and enjoyable. working with the photonic lab in University of Texas at San Antonio is very enjoyable and practical.
Excellent university and department to work in. Research facilities and work area was very good. Work place is located in a lovely city.
Post-doctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 1, 2013
As a post-doctoral research fellow and a graduate research assistent at UT Austin, a typical day at work involves, reading journal articles, planning and performing research experiments, critical data analysis and documenting our results and findings. Working as a postdoc and a doctoral candidate taught me how to better organize my day and my calendar – more... in order to be successful and efficient. It also taught me to effectively collaborate with different researchers and work in a multi-disciplinary environment. – less
Great Place
Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 29, 2013
UT System is a great place to work! If you looking for a fun and challenging organization this is the place!