University of Texas at Austin Employee Reviews

Exciting workplace with great student athletes.
Exec. Asst. to the Executive Sr. Associate AD (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2016
Interacting with Division 1 student athletes on a daily basis is a great benefit. Academics is a vital part of any student athletes experience and this group of advisers and
Pros
Free access to all sporting events
Flexible job schedule and great work environment
Student Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2016
Management is comprehensive and flexible hours to work. It is a great work environment with supportive coworkers. Everyone shows great customer service skills when helping people who come to game days. We care for the overall experience of the people coming to the events and will be of service on any possible way. The boss is really supportive, energetic, and understanding towards the employees, and will look out for them. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and seeing that this job is worth it because you bring them happiness and comfort. The hardest part of the job is to handle a difficult problem that comes across when you do not have the answer to the question but I have learned to figure it out and come up with solutions.
Pros
Encouraging environment, the boss is open to hear the opinions of others
Cons
Time varies with events available
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2016
Benefits are great.
Training is always available and offered.
Management is great.
Employee moral is great.
Pay could be better.
Great University
French Tutor, Tutor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2016
I enjoyed lab very much. Gave me a passion for the sciences and data analysis
• Cultured bacteriophages and bacterium in order to analyzed genetic mutations within bacteriophages
• Perform statistical analysis and develop methods to clean and sequence DNA
• Presented research, posters, oral presentations, laboratory techniques, research reviews, and data/results on a national and international level on weekly basis
• Worked with team of undergraduates to develop strain of bacteriophages that targeted various types of bacterium
a nice university to spend life on
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 31, 2016
good work life balance, compensation is fair, and the culture is attractive. For people like big city life, this might not be the place to go.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
TX Parents
Texas Parents (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 23, 2016
I would do this job again if I wasnt so sick all the time and I could handle being at school all day. I was so young when I did this and loved it.
Great student job
Certified Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2016
Its great to work on campus in an environment where you can learn and grow into becoming a confident group ex instructor.
The work environment provided employees with a sense of security and unity, allowing for an overall positive, optimistic atmosphere at the university
Assistant Building Attendant Leader (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2016
The University of Texas at Austin has been a wonderful step in my present work experience. The coworkers are all supportive and encourage one another to perform his or her best each day, making for a more suitable working environment.
UT Austin
Associate Professor of Military Science (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 13, 2016
This is one of the best assignments I have had in my military career. The leadership has its priorities in the right places.
A great learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2016
This is a really great opportunity for those that think they might be interested in going to graduate school but might be unsure. I was able to work alongside many passionate people and it was a great experience.
Pros
Learn a lot about research
Cons
None that I can think of
Fun school to attend with a lot of work to have me prepared for the future job
Senior Design Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 1, 2016
The school promoted a proper learning environment with so much flexibility to adjust the pressure. Projects assigned by professors were similar or resembling real life work environment challenges. There was great team work in the assigned project with classmates as well as professors. The hardest part of the job was to break down new concepts that were incorporated in the projects, and the most enjoyable part of the projects we did was coming out with the most effective solution to the problems presented in the projects.
Pros
very good learning environment, good rapport between students and instructors
Cons
computers froze most of the time we were working on the projects
no thanks
Professor (Former Employee) –  DallasFebruary 19, 2016
Thank you but this is irrelevant and not a good way to introduce your service as user friendly. I am now done with my 20 word minimum.
Great
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Great place to work at you are to go to school and work with them. Would dod it again if they increase payand get better benefits, people were great they would work with you in schedule
Lots Administrative work
Advising Senior Student Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2016
Great work environment
A lot of administrative work
Good management
Great coworkers
A lot of interaction with students
Great HR and team
University of Texas at Austin U-Temp Agency (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I loved my bosses and HR. I loved and excelled at every new assignment offered to me during my stay at the University of Texas at Austin U-Temp agency.
Pros
Good humane people
Cons
No parking
Friendly, tightly-knit workplace
Work Study (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2016
I love working here. The people are always so friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. I have greatly increased my interpersonal skills and ability to multitask. Management varies from department to department, with my department having a centralized managerial system.
Pros
Worker's lounge
Cons
Have to pay for parking
typical day at work
tech1 custodial (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2016
very hard how to use new equipment some good some good never enough help off on holidays some older people did not about working
Pros
weekends off
Cons
short of help
Challenging and exciting workplace.
Research Assistant - seems appropriate. (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX - Love Austin!January 18, 2016
1) A typical day at work consisted primarily of training new instrument users on the SEM and EDS.
2) I learned many new applications of the SEM to solve a wide variety of research problems.
3) Management didn't do anything to support my efforts or reward my accomplishments. They were mostly absent from the scene.
4) I had no co-workers as such, but the users were largely a bright and well mannered group.
5) The hardest part of the job was dealing with the occasional inflated ego.
6) The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a user gain valuable insight into their research with the instrumentation.
Pros
Never a boring job! Always something new.
Cons
Only part-time (19 hours per week) therefore no benefits.
A great place to learn
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2016
UT Austin is a great place to learn, and you can learn almost anything that you like. It is great that you can register for most of the courses in other departments and enjoy the positive atmosphere of the university. Here, you will have access to several resources for your work and your joy, so it is up to you on how to use them.
What starts here does change the world and your life...
Senior Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2016
One of the largest employers in Austin and rewarding careers. My position at UT Austin was one of the most enjoyable times of my life. The diverse culture, energetic campus and eager students make it easy to come to work. During my time, growth internally and between departments seemed strong and rewarding for many. I would highly recommend being part of the university team if you are lucky to be selected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Austin. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4