University of Texas at Dallas Employee Reviews in United States

Great for professional advancement
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 25, 2016
Being a Teacher's Assistant really gives you the hands on learning you need to be an educator. It really strengthened my time-management skills because a condition of the job was to be enrolled as a full-time student in a graduate program. Thus, I had to do well in all of my classes while grading papers and fielding questions from students. My supervisor was really great in passing on valuable information about being a college professor.
Pros
valuable experience in the classroom
Productive work environment
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 14, 2016
Suitable culture to acquire lot of knowledge. Recent technologies were being used. I believe that the analytical skills that I have gained as far as a Computer Science major as well as practical and research experience I have gained in a variety of positions would certainly make me a valuable addition to any organization.
good job culture and content
Peer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 21, 2016
I'm on call 8 times a month on average, having 1 hour desk hour every Tuesday. By solving roommate conflicts, I learned how to communicate with people who are unhappy and need help effectively. By planning monthly event, my planning skills and leadership skills improved. Overall, my time management and administration skills also improved. My co-workers are from different cities and countries which make my job culture diverse. Communicating with my residents is both the hardest part and the most enjoyable part of my job because sometimes their problem is hard to solve and I need to make both sides happy. Sometimes my residents told me about upcoming interesting event holding on campus, which makes my life colorful.
Pros
Free apartment
Cons
whenever things happened I need to solve as soon as possible even at midnight
Educating
Computer Science Outreach Instructor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 1, 2016
UTDallas is a wonderful place to be. This a school you get value for your money, highly rated for sound education in US.

I enjoy working with kids and teaching them coding was fun.
The hardest part of the job is the coordination, getting the kids attention to focus was one of my major challenge.
Military
character animator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2016
Join if you want to have a decent time doing what your country wants you to do. I went overseas and served abroad. It's military, what you see is what you get.
Pros
Learned a ton of applicable skills towards life and professional life.
Cons
You have no life. It is now owned by the government. You go when they say to go, where to go, how to go, etc.
Interactive workplce
Student/ employee(on campus job) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2016
I am a student/student employee at University of texas at dallas.
The college has provided me with an opportunity to study and work at the same time.
I work as a building staff at the recreational centre,where i get to meet new people from different cultures everyday.We manage the operations of the facility and keep an account of the sales on a daily basis.The amazing part about working here is that one gets to talk to different people and learns about different people.
Fun and Productive Place to work
Software Systems Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 19, 2016
A fun place to work. Feels like family. The people are friendly.
Fast growing academic institution with great growth potential.
Pros
Progressive institution, great people, great environment.
Cons
Somewhat too routine. Very little cross-training.
Tough but very worth it
Tutor and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 7, 2016
For the majority it is easy sailing, but it does get very busy during exam times.
I learned how to multi-task on different levels.
Organization is key in this environment.
Co-workers were best friends and we relied heavily on each other.
The hardest part would probably be passing the exam to even get the job. One of the harshest scoring systems and in-depth questioning of your knowledge.
The most enjoyable would be the students and co-workers, you make friends and can relate to them very easily. It also keeps your education up-to-date so that you won't forget any part of it that easily.
Pros
Time to study during downtime and very flexible to your schedule
Cons
Hours dependent on funding (and school rules)
University of Texas at Dallas Parking and Transportation Department
Student Worker - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2016
The job description is fairly straight-forward.
Co-workers are very. Overall, a comfortable job that helps improve interpersonal skills through constant customer interaction.
Productive and fun workplace
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2016
Productive and fun workplace. Gaining hands on experience in testing Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Waveform Generators, Power Supplies etc.
Detecting and fixing the errors in the equipment, to ensure proper functionality of the devices
Lack of infrastructure for biomed research
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2016
This campus is expanding but is still smaller and not a R1 institution.
I found that many processes are still clunky and has not been streamlined.
Pros
Can't think of one right now.
Cons
No structure; Small school
Job description
Teaching Assistant/Grader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 14, 2016
•My job was to introduce programming languages to high school students in a exciting way.
•Introduced school students to programming languages like C, C++, Web Application development , Java and help them learn the concepts .
Great for students
Undergraduate Teaching Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2016
Worked as a tutor. Some days would be slow but it gets busy around tests. Management was very hands off. Co workers were fellow students. Hardest part of the job was handling test reworks.
Creative and motivated work environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Even though my time at University of Texas at Dallas as Research Assistant was short live, I have enjoyed every bit of it. I have gathered nothing but skills and knowledge from the work I did.
Learning experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Great experience. Provides an opportunity to learn from the professor as well as assist with office work.

The hardest part is managing TA work with studies. The enjoyable part is getting a chance to learn from the instructor.
Challenging and happy inviroment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 6, 2016
Each day I face new challenges and I learnt new stuff, People here will help you if you need help

The most enjoyable part is working as a team
Growth at interpersonal level with lots of patience
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2016
As a teaching instructor got to learn more while teaching, became able to manage my students with a different level of communication with each one of them as per their personalities.
Exciting Teaching Experience with the students
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2016
It was really interesting to teach students. You get to learn a lot through experience. The Teaching Faculty was very helpful.
horrible pay
Mail Receiving Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 14, 2016
over worked under paid, no bonuses, no incentives, for real good reason to work for the state. have nothing good to say!
no no no no no no no
Great place for Interns
Student Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 1, 2015
UTD makes interning really accessible. I stated the summer before my freshman year! The campus culture is about allowing students to experience actual research before they graduate.
Pros
Can get involved when an undergraduate
Cons
Most peers are graduate students

4.5