University of Texas at El Paso Employee Reviews in United States

Was a great place to travel and learn about Athletic training.
Student Athletic Trainer for Cheerleading (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 6, 2016
A typical day at work would start with morning practicum athletic training classes. From there I would set up water for weight training for my softball team. After weight training the athletes would come in for treatments and rehabilitation. Once treatments were done I would clean and dry my coolers and put them away. In the afternoon i would set up water and water bottles for softball practice and I would observe practice for any new injuries or aggravation of old injuries. after practice the athletes would come in for cold tub or treatments. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting the athletes recuperated and ready to play and or practice.
Pros
Great hands on experiance
Cons
two year program
It was convenient, but the ability to advance was minimum
Senior Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 22, 2016
Being an RA gave me the experience and skills I need to excel in my field. I enjoyed the relationships that were created through mentoring and overseeing students in the laboratory.
Great University
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 1, 2016
The University of Texas at El Paso was the institution that laid my foundation as a nurse, great community and great support system. I received two bachelors degrees from this university and have no negative comments to say about my alma mater.
enjoy the work
assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 8, 2015
A typical day was looking the appointments then wait for the students to came to make the interviews. I learned to many things from the Dr of the department of Psychology, it was a really intersting work made interviews, one of my best friends was one co workers so I love work with people. no I dont have anyproblem with my job and I really enjoyed do any kind of job
Very nice place to work.
Library Assistant III / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Being the supervisor of the department it has been a great a experience working at the university. Love its working environment. Completely satisfied with benefits and employee relations.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 27, 2015
As a research assistant, I was responsible in managing, scheduling, and performing experiments to determine the seawater degradation of a marine composite's compression strength after impact.
very active fun work environment. fun atmosphere
Head/Lead (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 12, 2015
a typical day would be to stock up all counter if product was running low. working at the cash register let me meet a lot of people with different type of attitudes. this would let me gain experience dealing with different types of people and different types of situations.
Fun Job for a working student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 9, 2016
Worked at my own pace doing what I love to do, so this job was one of the best I've had. Glad to be able to say I worked for UTEP during my time as a student there.
Good
Tutor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 24, 2016
Able to balance school and work. Worked around your school schedule. If you're good at science and math the job would be easy.
always extremely serious
Lead operator/ Call Service (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 4, 2015
I like working for the callers and helping the callers and customers but the management does not have experience with working with people. We were told to take 12 hours of classes to continue to work then were told that management was going to have to approve the classes because management did not like the school hours that were kept. Being a work study work comes second to school and they were not honoring that.
Pros
working with callers
Cons
dealing with next semesters class shedules
Friendly work environment.
Clinical Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 14, 2015
I work independently and am able to communicate well with individuals of all levels to include students, faculty, program directors, administration as well as clinical partners and the general public.

I am friendly and outgoing and get along well with others. I have established a great rapport with faculty, administration and other staff members. as well as clinical partners.

I have learned about immunization requirements and its importance for students to attend assigned clinical rotations.

I have the support of the school's administration.

I enjoy working with others.
Good place to work for part time job
TA Marketing and Management Department (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 24, 2015
Good place to work for a student. People are nice. There is a little bit of micromanagement but everything else is very good.

You are allowed to study for your classes when all work is done
Pros
Good place for a student
Cons
Only part-time, micromanagement
Productive Place
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 31, 2015
Great work environment, always brainstorming and the management is on point. Always a great experience. The given projects will make you think creatively and conceptually, which is a plus. Creative freedom is always a good thing.
Pros
Work with school schedule
Work at UTEP
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 13, 2015
In UTEP they allow their students real experience and there is a balance that allows students to work and study. Therefore overall it is a student friendly employer.
Pros
Study time
Cons
Parking
EPA is an amazing place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 9, 2015
Visiting low income communities to inspect their houses for indoor air problems (bioaerosols). Learning and seeing what other indoor problems these people have and trying to help them out.
Diversity in Administration structure
Software Tester (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 24, 2015
I learned a variety of testing skills such as ADA, NVDA, browser compatibility, functionality, Data manipulation, and Time out behavior. The management allows workers to make up their hours and understand emergencies that may happen.
Pros
Great work environment, nice co- workers
Cons
not programming the best code
Fun Place
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Worked with fellow classmates so you get to meet new people. System Administrator was lenient and very willing to teach you what you wanted to learn.
Researcher and TA
Solar Cells Researcher, Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 14, 2015
It is a great opportunity to start your career and gain in deep knowledge. The downside is that UTEP is underfunded and research is not growing as expected.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Compensation
UTEP Student/Employee
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 29, 2015
High research focus with dedicated faculty and staff. Commitment to higher education of non-traditional/minority students. Very reasonable tuition.
It was a productive experience
Research Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 13, 2015
Due to the nature of my work, there was flexibility in the location and work hours in terms of day/night to accomplish my task and that was important for me.

4.2