University of Texas at El Paso Employee Reviews

Fun Job for a working student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 9, 2016
Worked at my own pace doing what I love to do, so this job was one of the best I've had. Glad to be able to say I worked for UTEP during my time as a student there.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 27, 2015
As a research assistant, I was responsible in managing, scheduling, and performing experiments to determine the seawater degradation of a marine composite's compression strength after impact.
enjoy the work
assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 8, 2015
A typical day was looking the appointments then wait for the students to came to make the interviews. I learned to many things from the Dr of the department of Psychology, it was a really intersting work made interviews, one of my best friends was one co workers so I love work with people. no I dont have anyproblem with my job and I really enjoyed do any kind of job
very active fun work environment. fun atmosphere
Head/Lead (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 12, 2015
a typical day would be to stock up all counter if product was running low. working at the cash register let me meet a lot of people with different type of attitudes. this would let me gain experience dealing with different types of people and different types of situations.
Work at UTEP
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 13, 2015
In UTEP they allow their students real experience and there is a balance that allows students to work and study. Therefore overall it is a student friendly employer.
Pros
Study time
Cons
Parking
Fun Place
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Worked with fellow classmates so you get to meet new people. System Administrator was lenient and very willing to teach you what you wanted to learn.
Good place to work for part time job
TA Marketing and Management Department (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 24, 2015
Good place to work for a student. People are nice. There is a little bit of micromanagement but everything else is very good.

You are allowed to study for your classes when all work is done
Pros
Good place for a student
Cons
Only part-time, micromanagement
EPA is an amazing place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 9, 2015
Visiting low income communities to inspect their houses for indoor air problems (bioaerosols). Learning and seeing what other indoor problems these people have and trying to help them out.
always extremely serious
Lead operator/ Call Service (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 4, 2015
I like working for the callers and helping the callers and customers but the management does not have experience with working with people. We were told to take 12 hours of classes to continue to work then were told that management was going to have to approve the classes because management did not like the school hours that were kept. Being a work study work comes second to school and they were not honoring that.
Pros
working with callers
Cons
dealing with next semesters class shedules
Productive Place
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 31, 2015
Great work environment, always brainstorming and the management is on point. Always a great experience. The given projects will make you think creatively and conceptually, which is a plus. Creative freedom is always a good thing.
Pros
Work with school schedule
Friendly work environment.
Clinical Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 14, 2015
I work independently and am able to communicate well with individuals of all levels to include students, faculty, program directors, administration as well as clinical partners and the general public.

I am friendly and outgoing and get along well with others. I have established a great rapport with faculty, administration and other staff members. as well as clinical partners.

I have learned about immunization requirements and its importance for students to attend assigned clinical rotations.

I have the support of the school's administration.

I enjoy working with others.
Researcher and TA
Solar Cells Researcher, Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 14, 2015
It is a great opportunity to start your career and gain in deep knowledge. The downside is that UTEP is underfunded and research is not growing as expected.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Compensation
UTEP Student/Employee
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 29, 2015
High research focus with dedicated faculty and staff. Commitment to higher education of non-traditional/minority students. Very reasonable tuition.
Diversity in Administration structure
Software Tester (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 24, 2015
I learned a variety of testing skills such as ADA, NVDA, browser compatibility, functionality, Data manipulation, and Time out behavior. The management allows workers to make up their hours and understand emergencies that may happen.
Pros
Great work environment, nice co- workers
Cons
not programming the best code
Perfect for students
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 18, 2015
Working at utep help me a lot because I was able to choose my own schedule and still meet my class projects deadlines plus provided me a hand ons experience
It was a productive experience
Research Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 13, 2015
Due to the nature of my work, there was flexibility in the location and work hours in terms of day/night to accomplish my task and that was important for me.
Interesting and resourceful place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 26, 2015
Excellent to learn and research with multiple coworkers with good environment and faculty accessible most of the time for any doubt
Flexible
Entering Student Program AdministrativeAssistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 9, 2015
Able to work my schedule around my classes.
There is room for advancement after graduation.
Had a great supervisor who taught me well.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
minimum wage
Great learning experience
ASSISTANT TECHNOLOGY LAB (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 20, 2015
was a student position

Learning new skill sets

Flexible to your student schedule
Pros
great people, helpful
Cons
some of the personal were not pleasant nor communicative towards student workers
Great way to advocate for veterans
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 1, 2014
A typical day at work is filled with a great environment amongst veteran peers from every branch of service. Always a welcoming office once you walk in the door. Usually I'm at my desk brainstorming on additional events and activities to encourage military and veteran student engagement. I learned how to advocate within higher education. Management is great the reason why the Military Student Success Center has been constantly developing into a bigger and larger entity. I can't say there is a hard part to outreach. If you enjoy planning events, socializing, and networking, this is the job for you!
Pros
free lunches at lunch sponsored events, networking opportunities
Cons
time demanding if you have a heavy school load

4.2