University of Texas at El Paso Employee Reviews

Fun work environment and different tasks
Union Programs Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 4, 2017
This job provided me with the opportunity to work in many different aspects of the job involving art galleries, movies, booking concerts. This was a fantastic first job.
Fun working with all ages
AQUATICS AEROBICS INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 30, 2017
Prepare and deliver instruction on water aerobics exercises for UTEP student body, faculty, senior citizens, and general public, up to 20 students a class, two to three classes a week.
Prepared and delivered instruction on water aerobics exercises for general public; presented life-guarding instruction.
Pros
It was fun all the times
Cons
Does not pay well
School
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 25, 2017
attended school here not so great
they are more worried about the money
diverse culture
loved going to school
learned a lot from my instructors about the medical field and working in a hospital
Pros
graduated
Cons
too expensive
Awesome
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 5, 2017
Great place to work and a wonderful atmosphere to be in with the flexibility to continue your studies. Flexible work hours and days off. Fun staff and very friendly and welcoming
Great place to become an adult
Was named Team Captain in 2014 (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 27, 2017
This was more than just a football team but also an family. theres been hard times and ofcourse struggles but we got through as every obstacles would. love what i learn through the process.
Pros
learning too grow and become a great citizen in the world.
Cons
tough hard conditions
Hard to grow
University Recruiter (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 26, 2017
Hard to get into UTEP but pretty great once you're in the door. The issue is that no one ever leaves so it's hard to move around. They were great about comping time worked over 40 hours so that was nice.
Excellent place to work
Lecturer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 25, 2017
I enjoyed my teaching assignment at this facility because new ideas are always welcome. Great collaboration from team members and excellent university.
Working here is be nice but some months you get no hours.
Auxiliary support (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is working in different departments and meeting new people. The hardest part of the job is that there are very few hours scheduled to work and parking is very difficult to find. The cost of parking stickers sold to employees is not feasible for the number of hours worked. There is no opportunity to obtain regular part-time hours let alone a full time position.
I have been working at General Motors full-time (More than 3 years)
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Pros
Has all of the different types of IT jobs under one roof. What may take several different companies to obtain the various IT skills and experiences throughout the industry can be done right in house.
Cons
Not a lot of institutional knowledge was documented. Due to years of perform supplier dependencies. Processes and doctrine has consistently changed.
Advice to Management
Globalize more processes. Focus on creating technology and process Centers of Excellence. Create a standard knowledge management repository.
work study
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 3, 2017
I got to work with my professors and lecturers that have been in the political science field for ten years plus each. It was rewarding because I was around knowledge all of the time.

Want to know more about University of Texas at El Paso?

Ask a question
Productive and Fun
Peer leader for University 1301 class (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Being a peer leader was an amazing job, I enjoyed working with the freshmen and helping them find their way around UTEP. The manager and staff were extremely sweet and very helpful. It helped me gain more leadership experience and confidence when speaking to a crowd.
Pros
Meet new people
Fun workplace that kept you on your toes
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Typical work day consisted of assisting the physician and nurses on duty with filing paper work. It was a fun working environment, and the staff was incredibly friendly.
Good work place for students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 23, 2017
They were very willing to work with my student schedule. I am very grateful for the opportunities given to me here as they prepared me for future careers.
Univesity intern setting
Transfer Student (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 23, 2017
assaying a case load to start putting social work skills in practice, life is different then when is presented in books. Being an intern helps put hands on and see school in a different perspective
Productive and fun environment place to work.
Assistant consultant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day was to follow-up call, routine contact via email or phone calls for scheduling meetings/visits, worked with contractors, city, town, county public works departments, and non-profit organizations to provide specialized training solutions, and learning material to maximize the safety and productivity for every individual/

I learn to work in a team, I learn time management, planning and finding solutions to problems.

All my co-workers were great, the environmental we had was fun and clean.
Slow-paced, but supportive of students
Student Research Intern (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 5, 2017
I was very young when I worked here, so I think it worked out better for me than for most. I felt very supported by the mentors and supervisors, but I think if I were trying to publish a lot of papers, or get many grants, I would struggle with motivation--the pace is very relaxed. While I appreciate work-life balance, I think perhaps you'd need to light a fire under your students.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
lack of motivation
Great team work and good management
Community Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2016
This job provided me with a great work of experience. The Social Work Department staff are caring and empathetic towards all employees.
Pros
salary
Cons
Payroll takes long
pay rate shown is monthly not weekly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 11, 2016
Interviewed and found out 722 is the monthly salary NOT weekly and does not iinclude mandatory parking permit. No benefits offered,schedule is not flexible.
Pros
university environment
Cons
no benefits, low pay, expensive parking permit not included
Utep
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 2, 2016
My Experience was one of a kind. Great leaders and directors always helping employees in any way they can. Fun yet professional environment all around.
Decent work if you can get it
Development Researcher (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 29, 2016
It would not be so bad if there weren't so many management levels. Because this is a government institution, you have to go through many layers for approvals on anything.
Pros
Good paid time off
Cons
Too many layers and red tape

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at El Paso. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2