University of Texas at San Antonio

University of Texas at San Antonio Employer Reviews

Research Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2015
I am here for more than 1 year. So I am kind of used to of the environment. I work in Texas Sustainable Energy Research Institute which is very motivating place for me.I interact with people from different academic background and we share knowledge. It gives me positive energy to work hard when i see my co-workers working hard to their specific goals.Overall I am satisfied where I work everyday.
Excellent and flexible part time job for students
Grader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2015
Picked up, graded, recorded and returned homework.
Created key for and graded tests
Great Experience
MS SQL/ Business Intelligence Developer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: nothing
Great Experience while working with University of Texas at San Antonio. Great working environment, supportive team members, good management, I have learned a lots of new things there.

Hope I can implement those new things in my future jobs.
Excellent managment
Student Assistant II (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2014
-Free lunches
-great co-workers

- a typical day at work
- what you learned
- management
- your co-workers
- the hardest part of the job
- the most enjoyable part of the job
passionate and productive
Teaching assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2014
work time is flexible, have a good self management. Not working for this company yet.
Secure workplace
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: no opportunities for advancement
Great workplace but needs to open up opportunities for advancement
No ping pong table but it was productive and fun for the time it lasted.
Training Specialist, Literacy Program (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: very rewarding because i was doing the job i started out to do.
Cons: it was temporary employment.
Days started at five in the morning, took an hour drive to San Antonio where the employees came for general education classes to acquire a GED diploma. My day would end at seven pm after scoring the days exams.
Productive and team oriented environment with many opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Graduate Assistant & Food Demo Coach (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: networking, free seminars/conferences, free meals, made my own schedule
Cons: healtcare benefits, 19 hours maximum
As a Graduate Assistant and Food Demo Coach at The University of Texas at San Antonio, I had the opportunity to work directly with my supervisors and advisors. They provided one-on-one training in their field of expertise and helped me develop the necessary skills to work independently and effectively in the areas of Nutrition, Research and Education in Culinary Arts. Working with other graduate and doctoral students was motivational and inspiring. I would say that the hardest part of the job was the fact that it was only temporary (available as a current enrolled student) - only a few hours per week and I was interested in working more hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity amongst my co-workers and peers and learning from experienced and well-qualified professionals in the field of Research in Health, Kinesiology and Nutrition.
Productive workplace with a supportive staff
Office Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2014
Working in the office was very beneficial and awarding experience. Everyone in the office was supportive and understanding of my demands as a student, but also treated me as a professional. I was never given more work then I could handle and I was taught new skills continuously. I learned a lot and was able to network with academic professionals with various backgrounds. The skill acquired from working here will carry me on to my next employment endeavors.
Fun and Productive and Utilized Research Skills
Library Research Assistant Work Study (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 29, 2014
Pros: i had a private workspace, free time to study
This job was a learning experience because I was working in a University Library in an academic environment.

The staff were upbeat and positive.

I was taught to assist many different personnel doing a variety of tasks, everything from preparing historical projects and brochures, to creating documents advertising parts of the movie collection.

In the Research Dept the staff was preparing presentations for entering graduate students, so I helped with the preparations for these presentations with assembling the suitcases containing snacks, give-away items such as pens, pencils, thumb-drives, brochures, and library maps, etc.

I also communicated with library staff through the email system.
Productive workplace
Assist Leadership (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches every saturday
Cons: no breaks
Working here at The University of Texas at San Antonio taught me a lot more about computer programs.
Am adjunct faculty, but budget cuts have made job security unpredicatble
Adjunct Associate Professor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2014
Excellent working environment and co-workers.
Budget cuts have made job security unpredictable.
Great and supportive learning environment
Research Assistant for Department of Sociology (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2014
A typical day of work was checking in with the professor I worked for and completing the tasks he/she assigned to me. Typical tasks included grading student exams, gathering statistics and documents relevant to professor's research or class lesson plans, preparing powerpoint presentations for research conferences.
This place has an excellent mission,
Director of Community Outreach (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: great to work at a job i believe in.
Cons: not sure.
I work with some great people who value helping students.I work in an exciting environment.
Grader
Parscore Grader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 11, 2014
On Campus job at University Of Texas at San Antonio.

I learned how to scan the papers and count scores of each student and after that how to upload the scores on the school's Roster.

We were three students who need to do this job and we really enjoyed working together.
Work from Home
Grader/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Its Good to work as grader. No pressure if you know the subject.
Worked weird hours
Club Sports Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Always worked weird hours and dealt with annoying frat kids.
Great place to work as a student
Work Study Student (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: know students, team work
Cons: some students get upset
Help student with computer work in reports, print out paper work and using the systems.
Helped a lot to accustomed with lots of new ideas and broaden my own knowledge
Research Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2014
To my concern, I was really impressed with the technology the school provided, and the general meetings with the knowledgeable and renowned professors.

I really enriched my knowledge a lot by working with them.
Children are awesome.
Assistant Early Childhood Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2013
Working for UTSA was an experience. It was a joy to have benefits.
The hardest part of the job was leaving the children. I did not want to leave UTSA, but my career goals were not being met.

1 2 3