University of Texas at San Antonio Employee Reviews in United States

Good Work Hours
Supplement Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2016
University of Texas at San Antonio is a great place to work depending on the professor. Pay is not very good but I believe its tax free with certain programs
Fun place to work
S.I. Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 6, 2016
Great place to work. You will get to deal with a wide diversity of people who make the job exciting, enjoyable, and rewarding. Very nice work environment and culture.
group work
java tutor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 6, 2016
The most difficult thing in a group project is to attend meetings regularly. No matter how hard you planned the days where the group should meet, there will be always one person because of certain reasons can't come to the meeting. Therefore, in a group project, most things will not come as planned.
Pros
different insights
Cons
hard to manage meetings
friendly, productive, and vibrant student center
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2016
As a student myself, I helped introductory Psychology students understand the material in order to apply information to real-world problems, and exams. I learned to be flexible and always have a back up plan, to take into account the needs of the students, as well as their learning styles, and how to effectively get those with very different personalities to work together.
The hardest part of the job was getting groups to work together, but it is when you help them find a common thing they share, or prompt them with questions that they can jump start collaboration.
I loved everything I did, from planning to meetings. I don't know that I ever disliked working there, everyone was very friendly, flexible, and helpful. I tried to be the same with each student I encountered as well.
Pros
Free food at meetings
Great place, dedicated working staff, well educated
Student Athletic Training Observer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2016
Management is great and is often busy taking care of things needed through out the day.
Great co-workers and students easy to work with and great working environment
Ambient Atmosphere For Research
Research Assistant, Digital System Design Lab (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2016
Challenging yet Interesting work at the workplace. Variety of research activities took place. Worked as a team to make the task done successfully.
Really enjoyable place to work while in school
Student Manager/ Event Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2016
Top managers were always looking out for my best interest and trying to make sure I stayed on track with my major. Would have 1 on 1 talks just to gauge where employees are as far as work satisfaction. I really loved coming into work and knowing what needs to be done with little or no questions. Being that it is a university, there will be times that you have to problem solve and I like a little challenge every here and there. My co workers are the best.
Pros
Faculty Pot lucks, Co workers, flexible schedules
Cons
Work study caps at 19 hours per week
Productive and Family oriented environment
Student Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Organized place to work.
I have learn how to communicate and management time better.
My coworkers treat me as if I was family.
Hardest part of time job is handling students with horrible attitudes.
The most enjoyable part is helping students and see them excel.
Self taught
Researcher Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Be able to have patience and the time to take on several tasks. Be able to manage stress well. I learned a lot, but there was favoritism and drama in the lab with the individuals in it. I would say pretty unprofessional overall in the specific lab.
Pros
Fun experience and learned a lot.
Cons
Drama in lab and favoritism.
University of Texas at San Antonio
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2016
I had a random schedule all over the place and it was always changing. I like structure and there was a lack of it. I learned to communicate with my co-workers and the students and staff. The hardest part of the job was the lack of structure, and the random schedules. I enjoyed conversating and talking to the staff and students and doing my job efficiently.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
random schedule, lack of organization and structure
Excellant Workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2016
Development of Highway Sensing and Energy Conversion (HiSEC) Modules for Generating Power (Project funded by Texas Department of Transportation)
• Developing Piezoelectric System Modules.
• Developing Thermoelectric Generation System.
Very good first experience at a job
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2016
A good job to start out in. Learned a lot about how to facilitate effective learning and how to manage people. Pay was decent for a part time job and the supervisory team was nothing but supportive
amazing place to work
marketing workstudy (Former Employee) –  UTSA, San AntonioJanuary 20, 2016
i was a student worker, so they were very flexible with my schedule. the office was amazing to work in and go to schhol durin g the same period of time. Typically, the job invovled normal clerical activities. Sometimes, we got to help with marketing activities as well. the management was amazing, and so where the co-workers.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Supplemental Instructor - Biology II and Genetics (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 5, 2015
The management helped provide skills to their employees that could be used in each session. Staff created a positive and happy workplace environment. The best part of the job was helping students develop their skills to help them succeed in life and course work.
Interacting with fellow students and enforcing university policies
Student Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2015
It is a very relaxed and vital job to the Student Activities office. Customer service is a must for this work. A lot of personal skills can be learned here.
Graduate student
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2015
Being a Ph.D. student and graduate research assistant is not an easy job, however faculty at UTSA (Demography) help you identify your dissertation topic early and give you the opportunity to work towards it or take part in other projects.
Great environment.
Cons
low salary
Extremely Stressful - I was surprised at the lack of knowledge & technology. Management refuses change even when directed by their boss or government
Administrative Associate II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Low pay and knowledge of employees. It use to be wonderful place to work their in the 90's but under the new leadership it had changed dramatically. I only ran across 2 people my whole time there that truly loved their jobs. Even though I was told that is was stable employment, they were doing major downsizing.
Flexible with school schedule and great professors
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 7, 2015
You don't really have to deal with co-workers. I was TA for all sections of the course that were taught. The work varies by Professor but you can do it at your own pace. The hardest part is attending all the lectures for the classes your responsible for along with your regular class schedule, since you can only TA as a student. I enjoyed working with the Professors.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
part time work, so no benefits
Good people, good atmosphere
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2015
Research at UTSA is what you make of it. If you are self-motivated you can make great progress in your field. The department actually has a great deal of equipment for being young and the new faculty hires are fantastic.
Great team environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2015
I was able to experience real life applications of the knowledge being acquired in the classroom setting. Doing research during my undergraduate career allowed me to expand my horizons and advance at both the personal and professional levels.

4.3