University of Texas at San Antonio

University of Texas at San Antonio Employer Reviews

Productive and team oriented environment with many opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Graduate Assistant & Food Demo Coach (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: networking, free seminars/conferences, free meals, made my own schedule
Cons: healtcare benefits, 19 hours maximum
As a Graduate Assistant and Food Demo Coach at The University of Texas at San Antonio, I had the opportunity to work directly with my supervisors and advisors. They provided one-on-one training in their field of expertise and helped me develop the necessary skills to work independently and effectively in the areas of Nutrition, Research and Education – more... in Culinary Arts. Working with other graduate and doctoral students was motivational and inspiring. I would say that the hardest part of the job was the fact that it was only temporary (available as a current enrolled student) - only a few hours per week and I was interested in working more hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity amongst my co-workers and peers and learning from experienced and well-qualified professionals in the field of Research in Health, Kinesiology and Nutrition. – less
Productive workplace with a supportive staff
Office Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2014
Working in the office was very beneficial and awarding experience. Everyone in the office was supportive and understanding of my demands as a student, but also treated me as a professional. I was never given more work then I could handle and I was taught new skills continuously. I learned a lot and was able to network with academic professionals with – more... various backgrounds. The skill acquired from working here will carry me on to my next employment endeavors. – less
Fun and Productive and Utilized Research Skills
Library Research Assistant Work Study (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 29, 2014
Pros: i had a private workspace, free time to study
This job was a learning experience because I was working in a University Library in an academic environment.

The staff were upbeat and positive.

I was taught to assist many different personnel doing a variety of tasks, everything from preparing historical projects and brochures, to creating documents advertising parts of the movie collection.

In – more... the Research Dept the staff was preparing presentations for entering graduate students, so I helped with the preparations for these presentations with assembling the suitcases containing snacks, give-away items such as pens, pencils, thumb-drives, brochures, and library maps, etc.

I also communicated with library staff through the email system. – less
Productive workplace
Assist Leadership (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches every saturday
Cons: no breaks
Working here at The University of Texas at San Antonio taught me a lot more about computer programs.
Am adjunct faculty, but budget cuts have made job security unpredicatble
Adjunct Associate Professor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2014
Excellent working environment and co-workers.
Budget cuts have made job security unpredictable.
Great and supportive learning environment
Research Assistant for Department of Sociology (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2014
A typical day of work was checking in with the professor I worked for and completing the tasks he/she assigned to me. Typical tasks included grading student exams, gathering statistics and documents relevant to professor's research or class lesson plans, preparing powerpoint presentations for research conferences.
This place has an excellent mission,
Director of Community Outreach (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: great to work at a job i believe in.
Cons: not sure.
I work with some great people who value helping students.I work in an exciting environment.
Grader
Parscore Grader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 11, 2014
On Campus job at University Of Texas at San Antonio.

I learned how to scan the papers and count scores of each student and after that how to upload the scores on the school's Roster.

We were three students who need to do this job and we really enjoyed working together.
Work from Home
Grader/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Its Good to work as grader. No pressure if you know the subject.
Worked weird hours
Club Sports Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Always worked weird hours and dealt with annoying frat kids.
Great place to work as a student
Work Study Student (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: know students, team work
Cons: some students get upset
Help student with computer work in reports, print out paper work and using the systems.
Helped a lot to accustomed with lots of new ideas and broaden my own knowledge
Research Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2014
To my concern, I was really impressed with the technology the school provided, and the general meetings with the knowledgeable and renowned professors.

I really enriched my knowledge a lot by working with them.
Children are awesome.
Assistant Early Childhood Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2013
Working for UTSA was an experience. It was a joy to have benefits.
The hardest part of the job was leaving the children. I did not want to leave UTSA, but my career goals were not being met.
great school
Student (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2013
I was a full time student at UTSA. The administrators and professors were very understanding of my position and my abilities to continue to work on my degree.
Great place
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2013
Pros: the pay, the hours, the opportunities to make up for lost time.
Cons: sometimes had to work more than 40 hours a week.
I enjoyed working with college students on a daily basis. I learned a lot about rental agreements, rent acceleration, debt collections, financial aid and helping students to stay to finish their educational goals. My co-workers were great, family oriented and fun. The hardest part were the deadlines to "move" students in and out on the computer systems. – more... The most enjoyable part was the friendships of colleagues and the salary. – less
Great School
Full-Time Student (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 6, 2013
Great learning environment. I really enjoyed going to school here.
Great Place to work
Information Technology Associate I (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 6, 2013
Pros: libraries, faculty, staff and students
Cons: parking
University environment where there is a lot offered. Servicing the students needs is the priority and their development is key to the success of the school. Great things are coming to the school and you need to work there to enjoy future success.
Great first start
Research Scientist Assistant (Archaeologist) (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2013
Pros: get your foot in the door.
Cons: inconsistent work and low pay.
Learned alot about my field, which include lab and field procedures. Hardest part of the job is the heat but I love working outdoors so it wasn't an issue.
Great University
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2013
Great Experiences, Helpful, Accommodating

Co-workers were great
Most enjoyable part was helping others
I learned technical support and clerical duties
Management was really helpful and resourceful
Flexible Schedule, Not Enough Training
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2013
I love the San Antonio location. There are many things to do in the area.
I came to this job thinking I would be trained in certain areas of my field of study and have not felt I have received adequate training to consider myself experienced in this field.
Pro: The hours of a postdoc are very flexible and similar to a graduate student.
Con: ...similar – more... to a graduate student. – less