University of Texas At Tyler Employee Reviews

Productive environment
Undergraduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 13, 2017
Great working environment. The Campus Computing services run by an IT vet who clearly has a passion for what he does. Extensive customer service and great learning environment for IT and non-IT major students
Great people to work with
Student Assistant in Library (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 9, 2017
Working for the school was fine. I loved all of the people I worked with, but working in the library can get boring with how quiet everything is. The training for the job is easy and the overall job is easy within itself. It was nice for a first job.
Interesting Research Opportunity
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 30, 2017
I completed just about all of my research online and submitted it to an assistant professor whom was my mentor. I found that doing everything online didn't work for me, but the opportunity was well worth putting the time into.
Good school with growing pains and limited professional opportunities
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 18, 2017
UT Tyler is a growing university with great faculty and some great programs. It might be growing too fast and sometimes puts trendy innovation and technology before practical, long-term solutions.
Pros
Great faculty and immense potential
Cons
Some disorganization due to a state of flux; low pay (but that's true for many schools)
Flexible work enviornment
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 13, 2017
The university is a great place to work as a student, because they offer flexible hours to work around your schedule. The staff is very friendly, helpful, sand encouraging.
Pros
Flexible, friendly
Cons
limited work hours
Good School to apply knowledge
Leader of senior design (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2017
i learned and applied a lot of my creativity and my school knowledge. More than that, i have better communication skills, learn how to manage time, work with others and manage my work schedule.
Good Culture
SAP Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 9, 2017
On campus jobs at UT Tyler have good job securement but are hard to find and get unless you already have an on-campus job.
Loved working on it for 5 years.
Growing University with great benefits
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  3900 University BlvdOctober 13, 2016
Growing office. Exciting place to work. Very professional staff. Enjoy the opportunity to interact with students. Heavy emphasis on customer service!
I love my job!
Housing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Not only do I love my job but I get the opportunity to work with some amazing people. The staff and management is one of the best! They work around my school schedule and make sure that school comes first, which I love.
Pros
Flexibility
Great place to work.
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 13, 2016
Work is typically busy but you are able to set your own schedule. As a clinical instructor you must schedule your office hours and your clinical hours to accommodate the students. Students are required to spend several clinical hours in the hospital as part of their training.

Co-workers are helpful and great to work with.

Students are the best part of the job! They are eager to learn and have a positive attitude about nursing and their careers.
Pros
Great job.
Cons
No room to advance.
Great
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 21, 2016
It was a University job. The work I did was mostly inclined towards research. The most enjoyable part was gaining Knowledge in new technology.
Nice place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 15, 2015
It was very interesting place to work there. I was very busy with my classes and other research activities. The management people are very coordinated and helpful. Everything was nice except my business. I had done my Graduate classes, EIT exam ,Thesis paper, Research publications and Research works at the same time with in 1 year and 4 months. It was also great time to me to proof my potential. It was the busiest time ever. However, the university is full of nice people encouraging and energizing me.Love UT Tyler.
Pros
Nice area
Cons
Na
Encouraging atmosphere and Productive
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 7, 2015
I love being a part of Student Life and Leadership, where I have developed my leadership skills & my time management skills. I learnt a lot, while being a part of fantastic Team.
Construction and design
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 6, 2015
Overall experience in the internship and Graduate Teaching was good and fun. In the internship i learnt more about the site evaluation, foundation, piling all this learning experience made me to come up with professional and technical report.

Graduate Teaching made me to recollect my undergrad lab works like environment lab and hydraulics lab experiments. Teaching students and helping them in their lab work gave me good experience in learning more knowledgable topics and new experiments.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
time consuming and tiring job
fun place
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 18, 2015
great, more hours for part time and increase pay would be beneficial. I enjoyed my coworkers. Some people on campus can be uptight.
An excellent atmosphere that focuses on teamwork and advancement
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 2, 2015
A typical day begins with answering emails and voicemails, then progresses into processing financial aid documents while answering questions from our Enrollment Services Center, via instant message or phone.
I gained knowledge about academic and financial aid issues, as well as general information pertaining to an office environment.
Directors are extremely team oriented, and communication between offices is the main priority. Everyone worked toward furthering that communicative atmosphere to keep issues at a minimum.
The hardest part of the job is when technical issues cause delays. The best part of the job is collaborating with other staff members to resolve issues successfully.
Pros
staff development scholarship and other benefits
Cons
frequently changing government regulations
Great college job that I have enjoyed the privilege of having
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 20, 2015
• I instruct students in the subjects of video, audio, cameras, and equipment.
• Am responsible for inventory of the equipment that included: microphones, cameras, video cameras, tripods, computers, and production equipment.
• Aid Dr. Marsha Matthews in her undergraduate course of Multimedia Production as a Lab Assistant/Teaching Assistant.
• Assist students with programs such as: Audacity and Final Cut Express.
Fun!
Assistant Women's Soccer Coach (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Coaching staff is really great and supportive. I really enjoyed working for this university. You will get a good idea of what it takes to be a good leader and learn to lead others.
Excellent atmosphere to study and work
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 24, 2014
This is one of the best institution in my life which I am working for. Proper facilities and working with highly qualified professor makes amazing environment among students and with professors.
good people to work with
Undergraduate Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 8, 2014
student/work is very easy and a good way to make a little money while studying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas At Tyler. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5