University of Texas Health Science Center Houston

University of Texas Health Science Center Houston Employer Reviews

top biomedical research university all around the world
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 28, 2014
I have been here for almost 4 years, before I graduate I have to say this is a excellent place to do the biomedical research. The university provides everything we need to dig the puzzles and we gained a lot from both faculties and co-researchers. I become more and more independent with my growth of research. It is a place that worth to dedicate ourselves – more... in. – less
Unreasonable Expectations Poorly Managed
Tissue Recovery Technician, Case Coordinator (Former Employee), San AntonioFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: at least i received a paycheck.
Cons: unethical practices
A complete review is not worth my time. However, the page will not allow me to proceed without saying a little more.

Managers were unreasonable and illogical in their processes. Promised to deliver a lot of services to their customer/hospitals on the sweat, blood and inconveniences of employees.
Great benefits, but
Lab (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2014
You never know what you get from one day to the next. Benefits are great but morale is low.

They make you fill out a survey saying how great it is to work there but very few feel that way.
Physican in training
Internal Medicine Residency (Current Employee), San AntonioJanuary 19, 2014
3 years of Internal Medicine residency in an academic insitution
Not applicable
Director, Pediatric Cardiology (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2014
This is an error. I cannot not review UTHSC at Houston; I have never worked for this organization. I am unable to correct the error this time. Anything that I enter is only in the hope to skip this section.

I will re-describe my experience at UTHSC at San Antonio
Busy place
Pediatric Epilepsy Program Manager (Promotion) (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2014
Non stop work here. We deal with a lot of sick pediatric patients so its tough not to get emotional. I believe in great customer service and touching lives makes the job worth it.
Fantastic place to work and progress professionally!
Senior Research Assistant (non-clinical) (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 20, 2013
Pros: flexibility, opportunity to share ideas, continuing education, healthy environment
Cons: lots of computer time
You will find a great work environment. Co-workers who want to live healthily and help others do so. An academic environment that does not stifle your creativity! People treat you like peers here no matter what your job description is.
healthy workplace
Computer Operator/Personal Computer Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2013
management works with you, not much to learn, opportunity to grow is limited
UT has been good to me
Assistant Professor, Assistant Research Director (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: politics and glass ceilings
My 10 year anniversary with UT is next year and my experience with the company overall has been good.
Admissions Coordinator (Psychiatric Hospital) (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 16, 2013
Flexable hours and intresting work enviorment.
I leared a lot about the health field
Coworker were cool.
Great guys and a nice foot in the door
Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: easy job, nice schedual
Easy going group. Gave fair jobs regarding organizing data to further research. Loads of fun.
Stable environment
Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: management is focused on doing the right thing.
Cons: limited resources, limited chance for advancement, poor compensation package
Managment is focused on doing the right thing. However, since the institution is largely state funded, there is limited chance for advancement and increase in salary. The doctors are not held accountable for their actions to the same level as the staff.
Great workplace
Clinical Faculty (Current Employee), houston, txAugust 26, 2013
Great workplace that has the typical ups and downs of any company.
Good Working Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 21, 2013
Great people with a lot of initiative to accomplish goals. Learned PeopeleSoft and many qualifications of an administrative assistant. Co-workers were wonderful people. Hardest part of my job was facing my unfair supervisor daily. She was very unfair in not allowing employees to move up but tearing them down.
Good Place to work
Research Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 21, 2013
A typical day at UTHSC was basic laboratory work. Learned a lot of organizational skills. Management needs improvement. Co-workers were wonderful, educated people.
Interesting but not exciting...
Electron Microscopy Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2013
Pros: always food for some occassion.
Cons: good benefits, but pay wasn't that great in this particular position.
Good job. I learned a lot and it was very interesting, but it wasn't too exciting. Manager had her favorite person in the lab, and was a bit condescending.
great school
Studen (Former Employee), Tyler, TXAugust 8, 2013
Microbiology lab that helps determine types of bacteria and possible treatments
enjoyable and respectful work environment
Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 16, 2013
Pros: working environment and culture
Cons: part time hours only
A healthy, respectful working relationship among peers and management is appreciated and valued. Management willingness to be flexible and mindful of variable circumstances encourage loyalty and desire to perform to highest ability.
real fun work place
Team Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: can work the hours you want
Cons: there are no cons
Supervise 16, time cards, call insurance copanins, refile claims and appeal claims. Supervisor meetings.
Center on Aging
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2012
Acted as the front office liaison between the Center on Aging and several interdepartmental support staff. Handled all filing, answering main phone line, and normal secretarial duties.