University of Texas Medical Branch

University of Texas Medical Branch Employee Reviews

Fast paced, detail oriented, and exciting workplace with wonderful staff and co-workers.
Correctional Clinical Associate (Former Employee), 4 Jester Road, Richmond, TX 77406June 30, 2015
Pros: Excellent medical/dental benefits. 13 minutes from home.
Cons: Restriced work environment - Prison.
UTMB is an excellent Company to work for. It offers a wide range of opportunities as well as professional people to work for. If you enjoy hard work as I did, UTMB is the place for you.
UTMB-CMC
Mental Health Clincian (Former Employee), Galveston, TX Gatesville, TXJune 17, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company very much. I provided mental health services for mentally ill inmates, my job was quite challenging. UTMB provided as much assistance as possible to further education and experience for it's workers. I enjoyed providing crisis intervention, counseling for high-risk clients, and the quick pace of working within an inpatient like facility. The manager and rest of the team well worked together, and it was a wonderful experience.
fun working with different patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Galveston, TXJune 16, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: they are only concerned with patients evaluations of their visits.
*Assisted with patient flow within assigned outpatient clinic setting. *Obtained vital signs. *Appropriately documented chief complaint and reasons for visits. *Accurately collected excretory specimens. * Obtained blood samples by venipuncture. *Administered vaccines. *Accurately performed tests, such as EKGs, urinalysis, heel sticks, Strep and Flu tests, and administered medication when requested by physician, requested POCT orders and documenting results. *Measured and recorded intake and output as ordered. *Prepared and assisted patients undergoing treatments, examinations and procedures. *Recognized patient care priorities, treatment plan, objectives and potential crisis. *Assisted with individual assigned panels with a resident and or faculty member. *Recognized and communicated patient needs and unusual occurrences with patient/families. *Managed inventory of supplies and equipment; *Performed PeopleSoft Ordering supplies, communicating with vendors for pricing and anticipated delivery date.
great company
Clinical Correctional Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, TXJune 9, 2015
a great company to work and grow with
continue ed available
cooperative co-workers
mornings are the hardest part of day
completion of all tasks assigned is the most enjoyable part of job
Excellent benefits
Patient Services Specialist II - EEG/EMG Lab (Current Employee), Galveston, TXJune 9, 2015
Great place to work with excellent benefits. the best part is knowing that you are very well taken care of if you are an employee and get sick!
Productive and postive work place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Galveston TexasJune 4, 2015
Working at this Hospital was a joy, every day i met different people and learn different things. Many of my coworkers were all from different background and at lunch time we would all get together and share different meals, the supervisors were all understanding and helpful..
LVN (Former Employee), Galveston, TXMay 31, 2015
Great place to work. Great teaching facility. Insurance is good. Tuition reimbursement and work study program is awesome. Good knowledgeable staff.
RN centered
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Houston,TxMay 24, 2015
UTMB offers excellent benefits and competitive pay. It is very RN centered so if you are not an RN you will end up feeling that you are not treated as a professional or valued team member.
no structure
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Galveston, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: pay checks, are nice if you like OT
Cons: bad turn over
Sometimes it felt like managers superseded the director. They need you to have overtime, even if you did not want to or had time for it.
pharmacy
Pharmacy Technologist (Former Employee), Galveston, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: low pay
The coworkers I worked with were very good people. You can learn alot with UTMB. They cared about their job. Everyone is friendly and like one big family
Good experience
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee), Galveston, TXApril 30, 2015
I enjoyed working for the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas. After Hurricane Ike destroyed the hospital in 2008, thousands of people were laid off. I enjoyed working there while it lasted.
Great bunch of people to work with
Correctional Clinical Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 25, 2015
Pros: Comute to work
Very diverse atmosphere great group of people to work with.
I work with one LVN and we work well together as a team.
The hardest part about this job is the drive.
Productive and great place to work
Research Scientist (Current Employee), Galveston, TXApril 23, 2015
The management is great and effective. Like my co-workers, they are great people and excellent professionals, always helpful and easy to contact to.
Great people, fabulous doctors, best managment
MFM Ultrasonographer (Current Employee), Katy, TXApril 13, 2015
Great place to work. Love all of my doctors and colleagues. The patient loads are very managable, the staff at my clinic is excellent. The hardest part of my job is being the only tech in the clinic, but even still, I always have support that is just a phone call away, if needed. I love my workplace.
complete lack of respect
Research (Current Employee), Galveston, TXApril 3, 2015
UTMB is resting on it's laurels of long ago. It use to be working for the state meant advancement, good benefits, and a sort of "family atmosphere". New management has come in and created possibly the most divisive atmosphere anyone has ever seen. No one is safe here, including tenured faculty. There is a great disconnect between classification and education that results in terminally degreed personnel being dictated to by administrative level folks, who some have no degree at all. Those same non or low level degreed people "control" the bottom line classified or "worker bee" people by using time as the only focus. Gone is the idea of performance and productivity goals for BS/MS level people with decades of experience. As long as you show up and clock in an out on a Wal-Mart style time management plan, you will be fine.

I cannot more strongly urge people, especially research support staff titles, to NOT seek employment at UTMB.
Productive environment
Correctional Clinical Associate (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXMarch 23, 2015
A great professional career with an established set of fundamentals for all employees to be able to work together. The management team does their best to make all staff feel appreciated.
Enjoyed my job.
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee), Financial Analyst IMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no training
Work volume was significant, management was good. The hardest part of the job that the lack of training. The most enjoyable part of the job was I learned something new every day.
long work days
Nurse Clinician III (Current Employee), Galveston, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: educational opportunities
Cons: never get off work on time
Typical work day begins with patient assignment, and preparing for the dialysis procedure. I work both with free world patient as well as incarnated patients. A typical day is 12-15 hour days, moving equipment and trouble shooting problems as they arise throughout the day. I have a great team of knowledgeable dialysis nurses that have been in this field for many years. the most enjoyable part of my day is working with the patients and learning new things.
Don't bother. They have no idea where they are going, or what they are doing.
Working manager/Supervisor (Former Employee), Galveston, TXFebruary 17, 2015
UTMB has undergone a drastic transformation since Hurricane Ike. They are an institution that wants to do one thing, but is being directed to do another by the State of Texas.
This leaves upper management with a haphazard direction, and total disfunction throughout the rest of the organization. They are no longer concerned with patient care quality, they are concerned with generating profit. They have hired upper level managers, one after another, with financial backgrounds, and they are a HOSPITAL!
If you are a researcher, bring your funding with you. If you don't, you will be shown the door after they post you as a number to their faculty roster. There are no support facilities in the way of helping you with your experiments, and since Ike there are little or no support businesses in the area. In short, if you need something designed or built to do your research their is nothing around to help you.
great benefits poor system
Nurse Tech (Current Employee), Galveston, TexasFebruary 13, 2015
to much drama within the system and managers or not on top of there game. the stress and drama from working there will take a serious toll on you

1 2 3 4 5