University of Texas Medical Branch

University of Texas Medical Branch Employer Reviews

Family Enviroment
Medical Records Technician III (Former Employee), Galveston, TXApril 8, 2014
Experienced massive amounts of medical documentation being stored and retrieved on a day to day basis. The massive amounts of medical documentation being stored and retrieved was coordinated by team leads and myself the project manager. It was definitely a learning experience in multitasking.
Great workplace
Anesthesiology - Coordinator I, Residency Program (Current Employee), Galveston, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, healthcare
Cons: parking, no bonus, no raises
Great work environment. Always busy, exciting and learning different tasks everyday.
Great Teamplayer
Sr. Medical Coder (Current Employee), Galveston TexasMarch 6, 2014
Pros: outpatient coding
Cons: inpatient minimum
I've been in the Healthcare industry for 17 years. I have an Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration. I enjoyed working with the public and started off as an ophthalmology assistant, lab tech, and eye wear specialist. I ventured out and began working for the hospital as a Healthcare representative; Verifying insurance, telephone triage, collecting – more... payments, pre-registering & discharging patients. My career took a turn and landed me on the medical billing and insurance side. I've been a licensed medical coder for 10 years and enjoy working behind the scene. I'm a responsible and dedicated employee /person. I enjoy a smooth workflow and very organized. I'm an exciting team player and very comfortable speaking among a group of people. – less
Very punctual, organized, efficient
Clinical Research Fellow (Current Employee), Galveston, TXFebruary 24, 2014
I am always the first to arrive to the office and I like that. I organize the place if it requires, because I love to work in a cleaned and organized environment; then I am ready to start to work.
I never get mad, I always try to see the good side of things and people. I am friendly after some time, but the first phase when I met new people is not easy – more... for me, because I am a shy person. I would describe myself as a happy and easy adaptable.
I enjoy to do research, although at the beginning I though it would be easier. The hardest part is when you spend a lot of time working on a project and the results are not what you were expecting. It is a big satisfaction to see how your work can contribute to big projects.
I am looking for a new job because the study in which I am working now is close to the end date. – less
Nice place to work.
Research Associate-I (Current Employee), Galveston, TXFebruary 19, 2014
It's a nice place to work. Excellent location, nice infrastructure. The management is very slow. There is practically no job advancement. The benefits packages are good, and we get plenty of paid leaves and holidays.
Operating Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Galveston, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: variety of work to do
Cons: contract work
Lots of energy and fun place to work. Management is great and communication is second to none.
Great learning environment
Graduate Research Assistant/Post Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Galveston, TXJanuary 21, 2014
UTMB provides a great learning environment for students. There are also many seminars and chances to increase your knowledge on various different techniques and scientific advances.
busy laboratory with organized system and well trained staff.
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Galveston, TXJanuary 17, 2014
a very positive experience. Lots of hard work, but fun due to management and staff attitudes.
I loved my job!
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee), Galveston, TXJanuary 7, 2014
UTMB is caring about there employees and at the same time
mostly caring about there patients. We are always striving
with committees to improve care for patients on all levels.
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Galveston, TXDecember 19, 2013
Pros: all good
Just do all your work and your supervisors will leave your alone.
RN (Former Employee), GlavestonNovember 23, 2013
Interesting patient conditions. A lot of total cares. Management could improve. Co-workers were great. Team work enjoyable
Supportive, positive
Physician (Current Employee), Galveston TX and AntarcticaNovember 3, 2013
Pros: interesting and unique work
Cons: short term contracts
Excellent place to work with good values and talented personnel
Cath Lab: busy with significant amount of call
Nurse Clinician (Former Employee), Galveston,. TXOctober 29, 2013
Physicians can be difficult to work with, cath lab staff are relatively new and some inexperienced, learn a lot but there are fellows present also
Culture of trust is not practice in the dept. New Senior Manager is micro managing the dept.Work and Personal and Family life are inbalance.
Financial Analyst I (Current Employee), Galveston, TexasOctober 24, 2013
Pros: great benefits e.g retirement; medical etc.
Cons: poor management. no promotion from within.
I used to love working on this company because of great benefits. I have agreat TEAM when I was at Finance-Payroll Processing. Cross training was great; but everything changed when I transferred to Finance- payroll-Tax and Reporting. I didn't get any support and/or training from the TEAM member and also supervisor and Manager is playing favoritism. – more... Respect and professionalism is absetn from the dept. And matter got worst when a new Senior Manager came on board with no/and or little knowledge about the whole Payroll Tax and Reporting process. Trying to micro-manage the whole dept.Very meticulous on everything. – less
Research Associate (Former Employee), Galveston, TXOctober 16, 2013
It was a great place to work in both research and academic setting.
Good Leadership
ER Technician (Former Employee), Galveston, TXSeptember 13, 2013
Days where fast paced. Work was interresting. Staff was supportive
Very busy workplace
Clerk II (Former Employee), Galveston, TXSeptember 11, 2013
A typical day involved retrieving and submitting necessary reports needed for daily activity. Inputting charges created by coders, answer phone line, greet visitors to the department and other office duties as needed. The management was awesome, my co-workers were awesome as well. The hardest part of the job was just trying to complete all the necessary – more... work that was needed. And the most enjoyable part of the job was that I enjoyed working there with such great people. – less
Very busy clinic
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee), Galveston, TXSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: working for the state = job security
Cons: galveston island
Too small of an island for me. Lot's of small town thinking makes daily life in the clinic difficult for little to no reason. Some very nice people work there with a few terribly rotten apples stinking the place up.Pt's with lots and lots of follow up visits for no reason. Pt's are the best part of the day.
Great place to grow
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Texas City, TXAugust 26, 2013
Offers great opportunity for career advancement. Is an academic hospital, so teaching and learning are a staple!
Patient Service Specialist
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee), Galveston, TXAugust 15, 2013
• Strategically planned methods to achieve operational goals and targets.
• Verified patient demographics, insurance coverage, benefits, and authorization requirements for all services. Screened patients for financial responsibility and possible cash collections.
• Determined potential reimbursement sources available to the patients and directed patients – more... towards financial assistance programs. Facilitation of referrals and prior authorizations.
• Counselor liaison between patients, physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals by providing accurate and reliable resources to accomplish patient's satisfaction and maximum reimbursements.
• Demonstrated the ability to maintain Registration Quality Assurance (Q/A) expectations as defined by specific department areas as measured monthly and annually on performance reviews, scoring included any errors reported via internal or external sources not included in random Q/A processes. – less

1 2 3 4